Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Privyet, comrades, and welcome to the Kremlin.
The workers and peasants of the Soviet Union require your aid! You must lead the world to Communism!
A primer on the function of the Kremlin can be found here.
First we have some choices:
Difficulty: Utopia, Normal, Hard, Solzhenitsyn, 1904
Starting Date: 1985, 1986, 1988 (after Romanov), 1988 (after Gorbachev), 1989 (after Grishin), 1989 (after Gromyko)
Character: Use Historical or Create Our Own?

Remember Comrades, the victory of the inevitable historical dialectic depends on you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is going on here

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Difficulty: 1904
Starting Date: 1988 (after Gorbachev)
Character: Historical

no idea what i'm doing, tried to pick the hardest options

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Be like China. Economic reforms but crush the separatists and political subversives.

Note I have no idea if this is a wise strategy.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Greetings, comrade! You've just started to rule our country and you don't know how things work? It's not a problem, we don't know either.

Also Solzhenitsyn, historical. No opinion on the period.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I don't know what's going on but;

Solzhenitsyn, 1988, use a historical character. Boris Yeltsin if he's available.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
No idea what this is about either, but I'll say Normal, 1985, The Ghost of Joseph Stalin. I still expect you to maintain a policy of state atheism, though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Custom character, 1904 difficulty, no opinion on start date.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
This looks like some kind of Soviet version of Hidden Agenda????

Anyway, custom character, Hard difficulty, start in 1988 after Romanov.

(DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if this is a smart idea.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Difficulty: Solzhenitsyn
Starting Date: 1985
Character: Uncle Joe

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Is this a remake? I remember an old LP of this game that looked very differently.

Please tell me we can just refuse to acknowledge Chernobyl happening in this version, too.

e:
Hard
Ronald Reagan

Feb 24, 2013

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Is this a remake? I remember an old LP of this game that looked very differently.

Please tell me we can just refuse to acknowledge Chernobyl happening in this version, too.

e:
Hard
Ronald Reagan

This looks like the steam remake, the original is this:

https://archive.org/details/msdos_Crisis_in_the_Kremlin_1992

Difficulty: Solzhenitsyn
Character: Young Vladimir Putin

1488 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 15, 2017

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
Difficulty: Hard
Character: Trotsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

I did an LP of the original 1991 game waaaay back when, but it sputtered out pretty quickly as I realised that half of the game mechanics were too obtuse and undocumented to be enjoyable to showcase the way I wanted, combined with some other technical issues. :v: I think someone else did another LP after that, but I can't remember if that attempt got much further.

It was a pretty fun game all in all though, cool to see that it has gotten a remake!

• Locked thread