Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/863940082100842497

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/863948426626572289

Obsidian teasing Alpha Protocol 2 in the lead up to E3. Be still my beating heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Obsidian teasing Alpha Protocol 2 in the lead up to E3. Be still my beating heart.

Sonic Chronicles: New Vegas

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

holy shitwaffles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Something just occurred to me...Binary Domain but with the branching paths and replayability of Alpha Protocol...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

Something just occurred to me...Binary Domain but with the branching paths and replayability of Alpha Protocol...

this would be a "platinum developing nier sequel" level announcement

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

:staredog:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Man I feel like I've played all the big janky-but-cool games from the past few years but never checked out Binary Domain. Is it worth it? What's it play like?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Binary Domain was kind of fun but I didn't get very far.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

It's fun. There are a lot of good fights in it, and your teammates all get psyched when you don't cover and just go guns blazing into a room. Binary Domain is one of the three best cover shooters, along with Vanquish and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

Man I feel like I've played all the big janky-but-cool games from the past few years but never checked out Binary Domain. Is it worth it? What's it play like?

it's Gears pretending to be Blade Runner, there's a relationship gimmick where your squadmates gain/lose trust depending on your actions and that affects the plot somewhat but you're mostly just blasting T-800s and big generic robo bosses. the only janky part is the totally optional voice recognition gimmick, the actual shooting part is fine and not at all weird like every other Japanese shooter from that era that isn't Vanquish, but it does get repetitive by the end.

tldr Good Game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Bo!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/863940082100842497

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/863948426626572289

:pray:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

yoooo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Binary Domain is awesome. I still need to do a No Mercy run where I try and have as little trust as possible.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

goferchan posted:

It's a bit similar to resident evil 5, but instead of zombies you murder tons of robots. It had some flaws, I remember the way you ordered your teammates around felt kinda weird. But it was pretty drat good. Its biggest sin was not supporting couch co-op.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Azraelle posted:

It's a bit similar to resident evil 5, but instead of zombies you murder tons of robots. It had some flaws, I remember the way you ordered your teammates around felt kinda weird. But it was pretty drat good. Its biggest sin was not supporting couch co-op.

i remember it spending a lot of time telling you how to use voice commands (with an actual mic) to order around buddies and it didnt work at all on pc lol. i also got bored of it really fast

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i remember it spending a lot of time telling you how to use voice commands (with an actual mic) to order around buddies and it didnt work at all on pc lol. i also got bored of it really fast

Yeah, the addition of voice command stuff felt really weird to me, I didn't try it, but I doubt it was anything but horrible.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sonic mania was just the beginning...

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

HELL yes

is Project Rap Rabbit slated for this year too? 2017 might become the best year in gaming for every genre

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

dromal phrenia posted:

HELL yes

is Project Rap Rabbit slated for this year too? 2017 might become the best year in gaming for every genre

While some of our past titles have focused on rap and hip hop, we haven't yet tackled the back-and-forth dueling of rap battles. One of our major drawing points in our early days of development has been Epic Rap Battles Of History - the blend of beat, crazy encounters and comedy put-downs is a great example of the different musical encounters you'll be playing in Project Rap Rabbit.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

HELL yes

its a fuckin kickstarter lmao

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fungah! posted:

its a fuckin kickstarter lmao

I'm very angry about the rap rabbit kickstarter and I'll continue to be angry even if the game comes out and it's somehow good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th gameplay actually does sound really fuckin cool but theyre at 60k/1.1m after the first day, theres no way it actually makes it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the days where you could get a million dollars on kickstarter with just big names and a concept are over, RIP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 5 million dollar stretch goal is a switch port, lol.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Vanquish

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

While some of our past titles have focused on rap and hip hop, we haven't yet tackled the back-and-forth dueling of rap battles. One of our major drawing points in our early days of development has been Epic Rap Battles Of History - the blend of beat, crazy encounters and comedy put-downs is a great example of the different musical encounters you'll be playing in Project Rap Rabbit.

Backed!

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Leave it to Sega to mention pso2 and an announcement about bringing digital titles to international audiences in the same paragraph, but then not do it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2017: year of games

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
heck

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's gonna be ecco the dolphin.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that could be pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666140-The-best-is-yet-to-come

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I do not believe! My God! That's great!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ubisoft announces The Crew 2, Assasin's Creed 19 and Far Cry 5 in earnings call. Looks like the only year that will be btter for gaming than 2017...is 2018!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The Poo Poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

dey eat da crew 2

Adbot