Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Let Dr. Soap record a blooper episode that will never be released

What's the worst that could happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

gently caress off, Not-Saban.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Another thing that's been changed in the script, this time due to players instead of the wrath of Saban, is the removal of quite a few memes. I believe it's this fight where, instead of "Please don't roll over us, boss!" that Breadcrumbler says "They see you rollin', boss. They hatin'."

Speaking of the wrath of Saban, I feel like it's probably this e-mail, and the paths that it sets you on, that set them off again. It feels like Behold Studios complaining about Saban jumping down their throats after the Kickstarter and making demands of them. Anyways, I decided to take it to court in my own playthrough, so this time around Let Mi-Ah Soap direct us.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Let's see how he directs I forget what I did myself.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Begrudgingly let Dr. Soap direct an episode, then break ties for good!

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
tell sabam soap to go f*** himself

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I was wondering-can I go back to amend my character? I noticed that this game doesn't have either gold or silver as color options.For some reason.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
🎵 I hate your loser series, middle fingers in the air 🎵

Tell Dr Soap to scrub off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

VolticSurge posted:

I was wondering-can I go back to amend my character? I noticed that this game doesn't have either gold or silver as color options.For some reason.

Sure thing. Up until I close submissions to put up some form of vote regarding the final squad, feel free to change things until you are happy.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
We tell Dr. Soap Mi-Ah to gently caress off. The second we let this bullshit artist set foot on our crappy abandoned warehouse-turned-soundstage is the second he steals our show and makes it his!

(Also, they changed "They see you rollin', Boss. They hatin'."? Boooo.)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Snorb posted:

(Also, they changed "They see you rollin', Boss. They hatin'."? Boooo.)
Because people whined about it being memey or something like that.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'll give character creation a go, seems like a fun game!

Character Name: Kat
Actor Choice: Alert Johansen
Preferred Role & Color: Assist / Purple
Secondary Role & Color: Lead / Yellow
Backstory: An optimistic lady who is very enthusiastic about physical education. What better way to make PE class cool then being on a boss TV show? Fighting!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Roobanguy posted:

for that sweet sweet achievo.

Didn't know there was an achievement tied to this, but let's considering it's Saban Mi-Ah Soap, let's legally just ditch him.

...This game could have benefited from a stealth patch to rename the director back to what it was.

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
Just realized.
The guys that did this game are Brazilian right?
Soap in Portuguese is SABÃO. Which... Speaks approximately as Saban....

That was clever :unsmith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hearing how much Saban screwed over the developers is pretty depressing. :smith:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, I've got a question. If you set somebody up for Teamwork at the outside of melee range, can they toss somebody slow over to the other side of the boss to set up a team attack? Or can you not get acrobaticked if you couldn't get into the space to begin with?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Hearing how much Saban screwed over the developers is pretty depressing. :smith:
Saban didn't even do the worst of it. The game can't even be legally released in Japan because of Toei being full of shitheads.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Glazius posted:

Okay, I've got a question. If you set somebody up for Teamwork at the outside of melee range, can they toss somebody slow over to the other side of the boss to set up a team attack? Or can you not get acrobaticked if you couldn't get into the space to begin with?

Using Teamwork to Acrobatics another character into position and then Team Attack with said teammate is perfectly viable. A character remains available for Teamwork through any number of Acrobatics, but will no longer be available after participating in a Team Attack. So swapping though all your characters and doing movement first isn't exactly a bad plan. Making one character a prop and tossing the rest of the team is also viable that way. Just make sure the tossing character is in range of the movement of the character you want to toss. 3 Movement is deceptively short when not glancing at their actual movement on-grid, which can make all of Antitonic, Evan Thai, Gus Fune, and Von Andy more tricky to work with early on in the game. 5+ Movement (most Scouts, Ryo, gearing for it) can equally be a problem for the purposes of setting up cool acrobatics - you cannot be Acrobatic'd if you can reach the target square by normal movement, and throw range isn't all that long of a boost outside of Evan Thai or gearing for it.

Don't expect me to remember my own advice however. I wholly expect to misplace characters multiple times throughout the entirety of the playthrough for the LP.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
gently caress that barrel guy :argh: Though yes, lasso is MvP for if you love big team attacks.

Gear request/semi suggestion, try to keep an affordable a supply of handguns for Leader/Scout/Assault in your inventory. For rainy days of trying to use a finisher on enemies playing keep away.

I really wish I realized when I first started playing this, that weapon ranged finishers take advantage of gun/bow range :downs:

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Don't expect me to remember my own advice however. I wholly expect to misplace characters multiple times throughout the entirety of the playthrough for the LP.
This will never not be an issue for me when it comes to the flat horizontal placements. You've got this close up set of tiles around everything, and then these two stray tiles to the left and right twice as far away but still counting as in range to punch stuff.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 28, 2017

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

The voting is surprisingly close with 8 votes to giving Soap a chance at direction and 7 to giving him a briefcase full of legalese bullshit to sift through. I'll keep the vote open a few more hours for any last second votes but otherwise I think I know what I have to do.

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
Voting for Giving him a last chance and that's it

Better to have closure that being sued...

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Tell Soap to eat a dick, we'll see his rear end in court.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Ran into some recording issues for getting the RAW video. Thankfully I do have an intact partial recording that has the email replies, complete with the Steam Achievement popping up. Then wound up with about four separate recording attempts of the actual episode. Finally got one which didn't wind up getting mauled by FRAPs or cut short due to hard drive space concerns. Not that any of those failures will be noticed in the final video, hopefully...

Back up your saves when doing an LP folks. Glad I learned that lesson as a longtime lurker first.

Anyway, should still probably get it up by the evening for the usual Thursday release. Your votes all mattered, and hopefully it shows.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Saban didn't even do the worst of it. The game can't even be legally released in Japan because of Toei being full of shitheads.

Considering some stuff present in the version I last played, it is SLIGHTLY understandable
they just downright had ,mazinger, ultraman and I believe some other poo poo pop up in the background of a stage, and i think mentioned in text too, will be honestly surprised if that is still in game

Still curious about what particulars toei is throwing a tantrum about

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think Breath of Fire III had a port that removed Ultrahorse.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hey, I started playing this game again because of this LP, and because there doesn't seem to be a proper games thread, I was hoping to find a solution to a bug I've run into.

Whenever I start the primiere of Season 3, the game automatically scrolls upwards and won't go down. Has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so, what solution can be provided?

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

S1E4: Fatty Alien or "Embracing Obesity"

...hey, are we even supposed to be here? Wait, he bought this place as part of his contract? Bought it?!!? Aw, who cares. Coming to you LIVE from Fat Alien's Box Emporium, we bring you a day in the life of Mr. Shiny Beaver. Or another mid=season episode of Chroma Squad. Both seem to involve plenty of nuts to crack and puns to wince at! As far as mid-season "filler" plot episodes go, this particular one maintains the trend of the other mid-season episodes for Season 1: Find a common issue that would plague a startup studio and then innovate on it. In this case, we get one of the fancier Guest Appearance cast to show up and an ad-hoc plot point for the in-universe episode to utilize rather than an abrupt end to the scenario. Fancy! It also helps to finalize the end stages of Tutorialand by having our first "full length" episode to tackle without any of the usual hand-holding we've seen to this point. While Fat Alien isn't exactly much of a threat - one could say he is simply a Breadcrumbler upgraded into Boss level status - the scenario remains compelling and unlike Barrel Man he has the HP to survive an early rush at a Weapon Finisher.

I also talk a bit about the Marketing Mechanics in addition to how Cameo Characters work, while trying to choke back the occasional cough. Allergies are a bane, and I really wasn't capable of doing multiple takes of the commentary track without delaying the whole affair. I'd rather stick to my schedule to keep consistent, you know?

Thread Vote Opportunities = None!

But! I am slowly assembling the full list of character submissions for the eventual Final Squad vote, so keep an eye out for a post sometime this weekend with the details!

pre:
Code Name:       Fat Alien
Secret Identity: Actually an alien.  From Mars, we think.  Pretty much the fat, uncool cousin of the Alien Actor.    
Type:            Boss
Life:            460 HP
Attacks:         Alien Gun  - 31-35 damage
Counter Rate:    20%
Dodge Rate:      15%
Threat Level:    Goo Fish Like the Breadcrumbler, more Frustrating than the Difficulty may imply.

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 2, 2017

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Mikedawson posted:

Hey, I started playing this game again because of this LP, and because there doesn't seem to be a proper games thread, I was hoping to find a solution to a bug I've run into.

Whenever I start the primiere of Season 3, the game automatically scrolls upwards and won't go down. Has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so, what solution can be provided?

The only time I recall getting anything like that it resolved itself at the next instance of dialogue. Not saying the game isn't buggy sometimes with inputs (or, I've seen, with monster movement into out-of-bounds locations), but I haven't run into that particular issue myself. At least not in an unfixable manner. Perhaps someone else has though, if that doesn't help.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does that episode put you a random person down or is it the same role every time?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Glazius posted:

Does that episode put you a random person down or is it the same role every time?

If I'm remembering right, it is always the same role when it comes to gimmicks like this.

Unrelated, does anybody have the slightest clue when the PC update will hit except for "Soon(?)"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 4, 2017

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Plot is a static thing based on role, so you'll always lose your Techie to the dentist appointment. Cameos are also static, which is probably a missed opportunity since it would be rather awesome to have a pool of stand-ins from "other shows" for instances such as this. Instead, its always Galax-Silver. Though I suspect this is in part due to Kickstarter rewards maybe?

As for the PC Update: Literally just "Soon(tm)" from the initial announcement, and I have yet to see any official comments with regards to a concrete date.

E: S1 Finale RAW has been recorded and edited. Things get a bit tense and risky in order to satisfy one of the more annoying Director Instruction types present in the game, and our good friends the Breadcrumblers use an ability I had originally thought wasn't available to them until Season 2. Doing a bare bones scripting of the commentary track, since Finales are longer by nature and I won't feel as pressured to say necessary mechanics tidbits. We also get the last new mechanic of the game!

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 6, 2017

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What, did the Breadcurmblers throw a bomb at you or something?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

We also get the last new mechanic of the game!
:toot:

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

S1 Finale: Get Him! or "How to Break Traffic Laws with Police Brutality"

Finally we see the rise of our Mecha, landing piecemeal onto the field of battle for a proper Kaiju throwdown with a monster. Recorded for you directly from the Corvid Control Tower's rooftop balcony, we catch sight of Transitmancer going down like a chump on the grand stage of Kaiju Battles after being an actual threat when boots were on the ground. Finale episodes tend to be alot of fun, since by the end of the season arc you are usually thoroughly geared and capable of taking on almost any level of bullshit thrown your way. That's not as true for Season 1, given how brief the mid-season is aaaaand I went a bit risky by not upgrading anyone's helmets yet. Things certainly get a bit more tense than I usually prefer, but it works out in the end and we get some nice rewards for the effort. Now if only every Finale episode had quite as much in terms of extra scenes (which, for Chroma Squad, basically takes the place of actual cutscenes).

We also have the Breadcrumblers revealing a special tactic. Honestly took me by surprise to see them use their Bomb Toss skill this early in the game. I hadn't covered it at all because I thought it was locked until after the entirety of Season 1 content, and that misconception led to the risky straights towards the end of the third battle scene.

:siren:Thread Vote Opportunities!:siren:

I will be editing in a proper list of each character submission by role, with links to their submission for ease of checking the bios when I have a bit more time. From here on new character submissions are Closed, but those of you who wish to go ahead and make votes before I can compile the list may do so. You can place a vote for the character you want to see in each role, but given how often certain Actors have been chosen, please include one Alternate as well. I'll follow the end vote as closely as I possibly can, but if there is an actor clog, well...I'll just be doing my best, or toss up a Lightning Round tossup between candidates of my choice if I cannot fill a role due to an Actor already being hired.

Roles will be locked in the following order once the vote is complete, so you'll know where Actor choice problems can most likely occur: First will be Leader -> Assault -> Scout -> Techie -> Assist will be filled Last.

Leader Candidates
Takeshi Hongo (Primary Choice)

Bender (Secondary Choice)
Kat (Secondary Choice)
Of note: Both Season 1 Reelection Candidates also have Leader as their original Secondary option.

Assault Candidates
Flatpak (Primary Choice)
Ryoko (Primary Choice)
Slab Bulkhead (Primary Choice)
Paul Stanban (Primary Choice)
Takeshi Hongo (Primary Choice, Thematic Rep Boost by PMush Perfect For Good Reasons)

Chris Salid (Secondary Choice)
Beta Five (Secondary Choice)

Scout Candidates
Mr. E (Primary Choice)
Bender (Primary Choice)
Stuntman (Primary Choice)
Mr. Pink (Primary Choice)

Flatpak (Secondary Choice)
Ryoko (Secondary Choice)

Techie Candidates
Chris Salid (Primary Choice)
Ash (Primary Choice)
Beta Five (Primary Choice)

Paul Stanban (Seecondary Choice)
Stuntman (Secondary Choice)
Mr. Pink (Secondary Choice)
Shiny (Season 1 Techie Reelection Option)

Assist Candidates
Kat (Primary Choice)

Ash (Secondary Choice)
Mr. E (Secondary Choice)
Slab Bulkhead (Secondary Choice)
Talow (Season 1 Assist Reelection Option)

pre:
New Baddies Breakdown

Code Name:       Transitmancer, (1st Phase -> 2nd Phase)
Secret Identity: A former Beat Cop fed up with issuing traffic citations, uses a working lightpost to wreck vengeance on society at large.    
Type:            Proper Boss
Life:            450 HP => 1700 HP
Attacks:         Lightpost Smack  - 31-37 damage
                 Green Light - Movement Skill.  Teleports to a new location on the field.  
                     May also move and attack afterward as part of the same action
                 Yellow Light - Status Skill.  Self-Buffs or heals Transitmancer?
                     (Info provided by Rorahusky! Thanks!)
                 Red Light - Status Skill.  Stuns targeted squadmate.  Cannot be Dodged.
Counter Rate:    30% -> 0%
Dodge Rate:      5% -> 5%
Kaiju Healthbar: 15200 HP per bar
Threat Level:    Goldar While Transitmancer may never return, he serves a similar role to Goldar.  Being a part of one of the most memorable transformation sequences.
                                Or in the game's case, sadly, the only time we transform with the full cinematic.

New Tactics Breakdown

Code Name:       Breadcrumbler
New Attack:      Bomb Toss -  Pulls out either a stick of dynamite, a grenade, or a Zelda-style bomb and tosses it at a squad member.
                    This attack deals damage to the squad member and each adjacent squad member with a very high chance of Knockback.

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 16, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

When do we get to vote on the mecha? I'm imagining that comes after the team vote? Because I've got the perfect name+summoning phrase.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Are Kaiju fights always 1-1?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Scalding Coffee posted:

Are Kaiju fights always 1-1?

I -believe- Kaiju fights are always a 1-v-1-me-in-mid-scrub kind of affair. But there might be episodes that wind up with them being more than that.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yeah, the boss knockback moves have always felt just way loving overboard in how far they like to throw you at times.

VolticSurge posted:

When do we get to vote on the mecha? I'm imagining that comes after the team vote? Because I've got the perfect name+summoning phrase.

If we do end up voting for mech parts, I'll only vote for a particular set of legs so the thread can have at if for special attacks and finishing moves of choice Though I am also fond of a particular, non finisher chest piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Just got home, and its midnight, so I'll be compiling the list at some point tomorrow. I hope.

Kemix posted:

I -believe- Kaiju fights are always a 1-v-1-me-in-mid-scrub kind of affair. But there might be episodes that wind up with them being more than that.

Kaiju fights are always mano-a-mano in the current PC version of the game. I do not know if the eventual Director's Cut will change that structure mechanic. However, that does not mean that there aren't episodes with multiple Kaiju battles in them. And, just as a reminder, Transitmancer is a total chump as a Kaiju because its the first time we've gotten access to the Mecha. If anything, Kaiju fights are currently the easiest portion of an episode to accidentally lose, but even then there's strange forces afoot.

Section Z posted:

If we do end up voting for mech parts, I'll only vote for a particular set of legs so the thread can have at if for special attacks and finishing moves of choice Though I am also fond of a particular, non finisher chest piece

Voting for mech parts won't happen till Director's Cut drops. But otherwise, you would have been correct, as that was the original intent I was going with. I'm just going to leisurely take the time to show off ALL the Mecha Skills until then, since I'll be adapting to the changes to the Kaiju Battle System on the fly and all. But as far as the various text customizations, those are fair game effective immediately and I meant to add that to the post. I'll just add that here instead, since I talked about it in the video anyway.

:siren: Thread Participation Opportunity :siren:

Feel free to submit an entire set of customized squad callouts and such, basically everything from the options menu. Just don't get too outlandishly foul. I'll pretty much use a random submission for each episode until I run out of them, and if your submission is ever chosen, you will be free to submit a new one for the second cycle (if it comes to that). For those of you who don't care to be that original or find yourselves struggling, you can also suggest any specific Super Sentai series to model the entire customization scheme after, and I shall do my best to make it work. Either way, please include a bolded Studio Options Submission within that post so I can spot them and add them to an offline list. As a reminder of the full options list, I've included a screenshot of that options menu below:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2796183/Current%20Thread%20Options%20List.png[/url][/timg]

• Locked thread