Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Studio Options Submission
Some Awful Studio
Goon Squad
Vote 5
Go hog wild!
GBS
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Post Small Bart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Here's my Studio Options Submission.

Studio Name:Mann Co.

Squad Name: Liquor Sentai Keggunger

Transformation:Inebriate

Transformation Shout: Let's Get Wasted!

Mecha name: Tryon 3

Call Mecha Shout:Let's Try On!

Finishing Move:Liver Failure!

For reference, Tryon 3 is the only good thing to come out of Build Fighters Try.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My very limited vote for-

Call mech shoutout: Call the props department!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I watched Power Rangers of course, but I have to give an uncreative shout-out to the game that really *sold* me on the Sentai idea.
Studio Name: Clover Studios

Squad Name: The Viewtiful Five

Transformation: Henshin

Transformation Shout: Henshin a-go-go, baby!

Mecha name: Mega Megabot Six Majin

Call Mecha Shout: C'mon Six Majin!

Finishing Move: Red Hot One Hundred

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I watched Power Rangers of course, but I have to give an uncreative shout-out to the game that really *sold* me on the Sentai idea.

:respek:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Bruceski posted:

Needs more Wonderful 101, but otherwise this.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Studio Name: Ronin of Dreams (not for brownie points, i do legitimately think that'd be a rad name for a studio. like, in real life)

Squad Name: Comrades

Transformation: Revolution

Transformation Shout: Peace and love!

Mecha name: SANKARA

Call Mecha Shout: Hold up the sky!

Finishing Move: Direct Action

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I actually like this departure from the Tutorial Zone: the fight looks actually kinda difficult if you want to get all the bonus objectives done, and the boss is a mean rear end in a top hat with two attacks per turn. I take it this is going to be standard fare to prepare against?

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/2796183/Current%20Thread%20Options%20List.png[/url][/timg]

Studio Options Submission-a-go-go

Studio Name: Stock Footage Studios

Squad Name: Original Rangers

Transformation: put on the suits

Transformation Shout: Let's Fix This in Post!

Mecha Name: Mecha Actor Jeff

Call Mecha Shout: Take 10, Build the Mecha Set!

Finishing Move: There goes half the budget!

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 10, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does Transitmancer actually attack you in that fight or is it pure mechatutorial?

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
I am already amused at some of the submissions so far for customization. Should get the list done after I have to go pick my car up from the shop - baked in a bit of extra wiggle room before my first shift so might as well use it right?

Glazius posted:

Does Transitmancer actually attack you in that fight or is it pure mechatutorial?

Yes, he does, but I really don't see the point of using the Defend button in the Transitmancer Kaiju fight. What I'm not entirely sure is whether or not the Hit Chance % actually matters because of it being Mechatutorial, or if the game is just kindly ignoring it. And trust me, one of the more common complaints of the system you are seeing is how often 90%+ chances to hit feel more like 50% chances. Unlike the rest of the mechanics, though, the game goes pretty gloves off on Kaiju fights in short order.

Oh, and Bruceski? You have no idea how very tempted I was to use Henshin A-Go-Go Baby! as part of the thread title originally. I just didn't want folks to get disappointed at this not being Viewtiful Joe.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Studio Options Doohickey

Studio: Zero-Budget Productions

Squad Name: Those Guys

Transformation: transform and roll out

Transform Shoutout: Roll for initiative!

Mecha: Xenogears

Mecha Summon: (fill in later ;_;)!

Finishing Move: rear end-Beating imminent!!

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

The most recent update post now has the full Candidate List for the Thread-Based squad. Quite a few Assault candidates, but surprisingly few Leaders and Assists. Hopefully I didn't screw up any of the post links while setting that up, just let me know if you spot one. Voting there will last until June 15th, as I don't want to lose too much momentum with the downtime spent on that vote and then catching the new squad up to the Season 2 with every choice remaining the same. If my connection can get ironed out, running the new squad through Season 1 might even get streamed. We shall see.

Also, the OP of the thread has been updated with both currently active participation methods, complete with links, to hopefully make it easier to track for y'all's sake.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cool!

Leader: Bender
Assault: Takeshi Hongo
Scout: Stuntman
Techie: Beta Five
Assist: Slab Bulkhead

I'd vote Hongo for both Leader and Assault if I could, but since I can't, Bender as a leader sounds great. Stuntman has a lot of personality, and I have very dumb reasons for wanting the Techie to be a talking beaver. And something about the Assist being this really earnest personal trainer is just :3: to me.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Season 2 is when the game starts to pick up. You're getting out of tutorial-land for starters but also getting your second skills makes the roles feel a lot more unique.

Anyway, votes:

Scout: Ryoko
Techie: Chris Salid
Assist: Mr. E

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dinictus posted:

Studio Options Submission-a-go-go

Squad Name: Original Rangers

Transformation Shout: Let's Fix This in Post!

Mecha Name: Mocap Actor Jeff

Call Mecha Shout: Take 10, Build the Mecha Set!

Finishing Move: There goes half the budget!

I was going to try to come up with one, but I couldn't possibly improve on this.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Sure, let's put a vote in for the Season 2 make-up.

Leader: Kat
Scout: Flatpak

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Leader: Takeshi Hongo
Assault: Ryoko
Scout: Bender (called Talow now I guess?)
Techie: Ash
Assist: Kat

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Lets vote!
Leader: Kat
Assault: Ryuko
Scout: Mr. Pink
Assist:Ash (obviously :v:)

Yeah, that looks good, the regular men's positions of lead and bruiser are women, the 'girly' ones are a two dudes, and there's a talking beaver. Chroma Squad is go!

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Scout: Bender (called Talow now I guess?)

See, now I knew I'd probably have a copypaste fail somewhere with the vast numbers of URLs I used. If that's the only one, I'll still be happy. Fixed.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Cool!

I'd vote Hongo for both Leader and Assault if I could, but since I can't, Bender as a leader sounds great. Stuntman has a lot of personality, and I have very dumb reasons for wanting the Techie to be a talking beaver. And something about the Assist being this really earnest personal trainer is just :3: to me.

I agree with the following selection

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just realized there's a very real possibility that our sentai team could end up all dudes.

I already made my entry, quick, somebody put together studio options for Homoerotic Sentai Sausager.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Assault: Paul Stanban
Scout: Mr. E

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

inflatablefish posted:

I was going to try to come up with one, but I couldn't possibly improve on this.

Pretty sure I can!

Studio Options Submission Variant
Squad Name: Generic Sentai Whoareyou
Transformation Shout: Off to the dressing room!
Mecha Name: Suit Actor Bob
Call Mecha Shout: Okay, Bob, you're up!
Finishing Move: Generic special effects time!

I couldn't think of a better studio name or transformation suggestion (these're GOLD), but I thought changing the others to fit them would make them even better. I only renamed the mecha's actor from Jeff to Bob because I think the latter's funnier (and I redesignated him as a suit actor because that's generally how sentai mecha battles are done).

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

CptWedgie posted:

I couldn't think of a better studio name or transformation suggestion (these're GOLD), but I thought changing the others to fit them would make them even better. I only renamed the mecha's actor from Jeff to Bob because I think the latter's funnier (and I redesignated him as a suit actor because that's generally how sentai mecha battles are done).

No idea why I went with mocap, to be honest. Changed my submission around just slightly, actually.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Current vote tally so far:

Leader
Bender would like the world to know, between rounds of booze, that he is an exceptional leader and has caroused his way to the lead with 4 votes, while Kat is in second with 2. Takeshi Hongo has also taken a single vote as lead, but...

Assault
...feels rather irrelevant when Takeshi is in the current lead for Assault with 4 votes, followed by Ryoko with 2 and Paul Stanban with 1.

Scout
Stuntman has the current lead for out Scout, but only with 2 votes so far. Also tallying up a vote are: Mr. E, Mr. Pink, Bender, Flatpak, and Ryoko.

Techie
Chris Salid and Beta Five are in a dead heat with 3 votes apiece, while Ash is represented by having stolen the tiebreaker vote for himself!

Assist
Slab Bulkhead is currently edging out Kat at 3 to 2 votes for the Assist slot, while Ash and Mr. E both have laid claim to a vote apiece.

-----

So far, the voting has been relatively interesting, but it really could use more votes to make choices clearer. While I'm willing to tiebreak if necessary, I was hoping to avoid it. The Vote will continue as planned to Thursday. In the meantime, I am debating cooking up an Intermission video if I have the time rather than have no video update on Thursday, if just to keep up my momentum on schedule.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Assault: Ryoko

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm going to go ahead and assume I can't vote for my own submission so...

Leader: Takeshi
Techie: Ash

Don't have a favorite for Assault.

As for the name stuff...

Bruceski posted:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This is a SENTAI FIGHTING FORCE after all, so if it comes down to you tiebreaking I feel like you should try to make the team as diverse as possible!

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Voting is now officially closed. I may try to work on something small between now and Sunday, since I wasn't able to craft up something Intermission-like during this week. Too many complications at one of my jobs. Constant humidity changing the curing characteristics of certain chemical reactions has been the bane of my week, really.

Season 2 Premiere will be airing next Thursday back on the regular schedule. Off the top of my head, there will be only one other instance where there may be a week break because of a high-impact vote. Otherwise the scheduling should keep things relatively on track for an update each week, hopefully on Thursdays as planned.

E: Due to this little bugger being under my care while my aunt is on vacation, I've yet to get a commentary track without a whole lot of barking. I'll be trying again tomorrow, and if Mutt keeps being vocal, I'll be borrowing a neighbor's kid to watch him for an hour so I can manage the commentary track. From there, I can manage.

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 23, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I figured this would be relevant to the thread- the new update is currently available in beta.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

I figured this would be relevant to the thread- the new update is currently available in beta.
Aren't most of these stretch goals that they didn't reach in the KS? Cause if so, that's rad as gently caress that they're doing it anyways.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

PMush Perfect posted:

Aren't most of these stretch goals that they didn't reach in the KS? Cause if so, that's rad as gently caress that they're doing it anyways.

From what I'm seeing, no. The ONLY stretch goal they didn't reach was an Episode Editor. These seem to be additional things they didn't think about during the KS campaign due to CS's popularity and it's success. Which, hey, it worked for Terraria (years after the fact) to keep the game somewhat fresh.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Well, the timing is fortuitious. After RL drama including my former computer finally having an age-related meltdown of parts, I should be updating again this week. Might shift the release date of updates to Friday to accomodate, since...well, if the update is in Beta, why not go ahead and get the new squad on that content path, eh?

Sincere apologies folks.

E: The Director's Cut update is now, in fact, live rather than in beta.

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 13, 2017

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Belatedly, Transitmancer actually has a third special attack. Yellow Light, which is a move that I presume buffs up his own attack. I usually see it at least once in the second phase fight, while waiting for him to spawn more enemies. Not sure if it was added in the Director's Cut version or if it was always there and you simply never saw it cause he died too fast.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

I did not witness Yellow Light during either of the New Squad runs either - yes, redid it a second time with Director's Cut so I could pull a direct comparison Mecha Fight with Transitmancer for discussion as a bonus video sometime over the weekend. It may also be a difficulty related thing, as numbers probably change and I wouldn't doubt certain %-chance attacks get altered with the increased competency of the AI. I'd code dive to find out more accurate details, buuuuuut that's not something I know how to do per se.

And the lack of any highly detailed information sources is aggravating.

Encoding is going slowly - the new rig is mostly a budget rebuild of what fried - and my connection has always had potato upload speeds. It'll be up sometime tonight around work.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

I am out of practice with commentary. Also, I misplaced my notes to properly credit PMush Perfect for this episode's Studio Options Naming callout. Sorry! This post will also be edited with a properly full set of information shortly, but since the video is finally up after an encoding error and potato internet...I don't want to keep folks waiting any longer. Hopefully this accommodates all avenues of the LP Curse and we move on nicely from here.

S2E1: Just in Time! or You are LATE to the set! Cut! CUT! DIRECTOR'S CUT!

In this episode our brand spanking new squad lazes around Goon Squad's studio and gets jumped by a basic baddie hitsquad that relies solely on numbers to become a threat. This segues nicely into the establishment of...well, calling it a metaplot element may be a touch gracious, but nonetheless, the Great Nameless Enemy now officially knows where Cerebro hangs out. Unlike most Season Premiere episodes, that's about it for any plot arc or metaplot progression this particular story provides. That is okay, though, as the entirety of Season 2 is subtly shaped by our choice with Dr. Soap's legal pressure back in Season 1. We will see the resolution of that during Season 2, and it is an amusing episode to be sure, but that's on the horizon.

Also influencing our Brand New Cast is the content from the Director's Cut update. I managed to record the new mecha fight mechanics during the Transitmancer fight while getting this squad through Season 1 content, and I'll be releasing not only a "Let's Talk Mecha" episode but I'll also showcase the entirety of our Brand New Cast in that bonus video! Expect this post to be updated sometime around the Monday-Tuesday stretch to include that video and any details I remember to add via text.

Summary of Studio Upgrades In-Effect
Health Care Bronze - Actors gain +10% HP.
SD Camera - Gain 10% more Audience when following Director's Instructions.
Workbench - +25 Crafting Rate.
Vacuum Cleaner - +10 Item Drop Rate.
Decent Green Screen - +10% Global Audience Gain. (This applies at the end of an episode's recap segment.)
Fresnels* - -10% Enemy Dodge and Counter rates. (This is NOT shown during an episode on a baddies stat-card.)
Wood Crates - +10% Mecha HP.
Microphone - +10% Audience Gained from Combat and Skills.
Shop Partnership - 20% Discount on Shop Items.
Bigger Studio - Enabled Medium Tier Studio Upgrades. Changes the cosmetics of the studio between missions too, a nice touch.

pre:
New Baddies Breakdown

Code Name:       Tubbie
Secret Identity: A Teletubby who wanted to be in the big leagues.    
Type:            Boss
Life:            500 HP
Attacks:         Telly-Belly Blast - Basic Attack for 22-33 Damage, high chance of 3-square Knockback 
Counter Rate*:   15%
Dodge Rate*:     5%
Kaiju Healthbar: None!  Sad!

Threat Level:    Showbiz Monster No transformation, no super special tricks, and so little HP that he is a speed bump and a gear check.

Ronin Of Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 16, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

First! :toot:

Pretty happy with this line-up, all told.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Pretty happy with this line-up, all told.

Same, though I do have some concerns later down the line given our Techie. No spoilers as to when - those who have played it will know - but Chris Salid already has a very noticeably lower HP pool.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think I might buy this game. So cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's actually for the best you didn't one shot the boss with a finisher on round one. As that seem to get you the "Early finisher" penalty anyways. At least, so far as it causing me to suddenly fail to max out my audience meter in a later mission where I COULD one shot the boss with a ranged finisher on the very first turn (A replay by punching them once, then obliterating them the next turn breezed into maxing out my audience).

Though I don't know how much of that is lingering bugs in the game, as another mission where I took my time across several rounds, using my finisher did not check off the "Hit boss at least once every turn" goal for some reason. PS, murdering the poo poo out of a boss should count as interrupting them charging a special attack :argh:

Meanwhile. "Hey, let's give everybody a pistol" I've never really given a chance, has been working wonders for my own off and on replay of the director's cut. At least on standard difficulties. Ranged teamwork attacks/finishers are lovely utility. Though the very first handguns are very lackluster outside of that.

But that's a far more boring mindset compared to making use of all of the class specific weapons, or at least a variety of swords.

Even as much as I adore the penultimate store bought handgun. Who doesn't love a handgun, that also makes you better at punching than any other weapon in the game? ("Clearly the 7th time throwing endgame materials into crafting an all class weapon will compare in attack bonus!.... gently caress.")

I have the unfortunate feeling that Pistol Squad does not fare nearly as well on higher difficulty, where things like swords that give defense bonuses, or over +100 health suddenly become much more important than "Can 2 team a breadcrumblers just slightly out of melee range of anybody" and "gently caress your slow status effects, I have a ranged finisher"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 16, 2017

• Locked thread