Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'll Be Online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Minecraft is the real UO successor

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this assumption is based on what exactly? why is everything griefers vs non griefers? there are plenty of situations where the sharks pve and the fish pvp, trying to make these roles rigid is a really bad assumption on player behavior.

Well gee let's think about this. If most UO players actually spent most of their time playing an entirely different non-PVP game but also served, very occasionally, as victims to a small base of PVPers, we could expect them to jump ship to a PVP-free server at the very first opportunity.

Did anything like that happen, I just don't know anything about UO, so if anyone can think of a time when a PVP-free version of UO became available and most of the playerbase stampeded over to it, please let me know.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
poo poo I mean: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-an-eve-online-con-artist-tricked-a-ruthless-pirate-into-giving-him-his-priceless-ship/

This guy spent a year and a half making real friends and being a valuable member of a guild just so he could steal something worth far less than what he could have easily made over the same period just because of its sentimental value to his victim, a very good friend.

• Locked thread