Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

He's right though. You can't build and advertise a game as being awesome for pvp ganking and griefing and all of that. Barfing wine on people in age of wushu was great because people just weren't expecting it and it wasn't something that happened normally. No one sat down to play and was like "ah yes my controls will be messed up for the next hour of game time" at least not at first. Once it became a standard part of everything and expected it just wasn't worth doing.

If everyone goes into a game expecting to be griefed then no one really is. All in all it's really more than just killing someone in game or ruining something they were working on. Really griefing is about getting one over on the systems behind the scenes as much as someone on the other side of the game. Too many of these knock off UO games just lay it all out and take that away which just makes it no fun. Part of it is having people who don't want to be griefed but a lot of it also comes down to not laying it all out on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread