Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Well, I'm kind of interested only because it looks like you might be able to steal stuff from other players and there appears to be fast travel. Who am I kidding? It will probably be bad.

Did some digging, looks like this guy had a failed kickstarter recently.. but it could mean that he's had time to work it out?

http://www.neojac.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neojac/neos-land-a-new-beginning

beep_boop fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

30.5 Days posted:

Well gee let's think about this. If most UO players actually spent most of their time playing an entirely different non-PVP game but also served, very occasionally, as victims to a small base of PVPers, we could expect them to jump ship to a PVP-free server at the very first opportunity.

Did anything like that happen, I just don't know anything about UO, so if anyone can think of a time when a PVP-free version of UO became available and most of the playerbase stampeded over to it, please let me know.

Yeah, when they added Trammel/Felucca pretty much everyone fled to Trammel (the non PVP zone). Felucca pretty much turned into a zergfest around the gates.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

SweetBro posted:

I know sarcasm translate poorly over the internet, but I have a hard time anyone wasn't seeing a Stewie Griffin style 90 degree head tilt in their mind as they were reading that.

Cool

• Locked thread