Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I came across a thread on squared circle about questionable choices in wrestling gear. I feel like we can discuss the good, bad, and the ugly poo poo here. Also, we can probably discuss how the Fashion Police hates wrestling fan fashion. I don't know.

I can't stop laughing about what Undertaker wore for his match against Kurt Angle at Survivor Series 2000

It's just...magical.

fake edit: black trunks Steve Austin vs short tight jorts Steve Austin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best ring gear is when you rip off your favorite anime.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Jorts are awful ring gear. Either go full on jeans like my boy Jimmy Wang Yang here

Or go trunks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not Shawn's best pant choice.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut President posted:

Jorts are awful ring gear. Either go full on jeans like my boy Jimmy Wang Yang here

Or go trunks.

Man, I hate jeans as wrestling gear. Wearing normal clothes to the ring really takes away from the spectacle, if you ask me. To paraphrase Hart, the talent shouldn't be dressing like the fans.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Taintrunner posted:

Man, I hate jeans as wrestling gear. Wearing normal clothes to the ring really takes away from the spectacle, if you ask me. To paraphrase Hart, the talent shouldn't be dressing like the fans.

Did you mean this Hart or Owen?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm fine with jeans/jorts if it's for a special occasion, like a street fight, or if only you wear them so they are your signature gear.

The moment multiple people wear jeans/jorts regularly as gear, we have problems.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Worst of ring gear is when John Cena turned face and instead of wearing hated rival jerseys of local sports teams he wore local sports team jerseys and looked like a suck up creep.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I will never miss a chance to rip on Alex Riley's fake boots. Mother fucker had FAKE BOOTS.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

big fan of the black trunks/shooter boots look

e.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I was just thinking today about how bad Curt Hawkins ring gear is. Luckily he's never on tv.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut President posted:

Did you mean this Hart or Owen?

Jimmy Hart!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I was just thinking today about how bad Curt Hawkins ring gear is. Luckily he's never on tv.

He's on tv every week! :mad:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here's a couple of obvious ones.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm fine with jeans/jorts if it's for a special occasion, like a street fight, or if only you wear them so they are your signature gear.

The moment multiple people wear jeans/jorts regularly as gear, we have problems.

I'm suddenly reminded of WCW near the end when everyone just wore black shirts and jeans.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I always like when big fat guys wear tiny legless trunks and it makes em look like a potato with legs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That one time when Jericho switched from tights to trunks and Vince told him how great his legs were and he shouldn't have been hiding them for so long. :pervert:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Glorious Bluetista

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

What the gently caress is with Becky Lynch's ring gear? She has a few different looks and I don't like any of them.

She's a lovely lady but man, Breezango needs to talk to her about her attire

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well Dunn had thongs outside their pants

William Regal borrowed some of Moolah's gear for a while

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I like the look of kick pads over traditional boots, I think it is just a way better look. I also like checking out the shoes the different wrestlers wear. Rollins wears some type of custom Reebok Nano. I am not sure about Balor but I like his kicks.

I do think it's hilarious that Rollins wears the CrossFit wrist wraps and they always seem to fall off because they're only secured by a twist tie string. Its like dude just put black tape over the string, it's not rocket science.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm having trouble finding a pic, but when Mike Rotunda wrestled in his first televised match in the WWF as IRS, his ring attire was atrocious.

Just imagine what he normally wore in his matches, except substitute the black business slacks for olive green tights.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
bayley has the best boots in wrestling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't even glow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I don't know whose gear I like the most, Golga's Cartman shirt, or Kurrgan's tie dye shirt and hat.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I always thought Shawn's boots looked cool as heck back in the day. Found out later they were actually motocross boots. I wonder if there were any disadvantages to wrestling in that kind of boot.

EDIT - I mean disadvantages for Shawn. Bret bitched in his book about Shawn's boots.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 16, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cena's been wrestling in sneakers for over a decade, how have his ankles not crumbled to dust by now?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

I don't know whose gear I like the most, Golga's Cartman shirt, or Kurrgan's tie dye shirt and hat.

Bums me out that Kurgan is the only one alive.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ODB in TNA basically looked like she had a janitor's coveralls after they'd been hit by a weed whacker

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Cena's been wrestling in sneakers for over a decade, how have his ankles not crumbled to dust by now?

He probably tapes up his ankles or wears braces underneath his socks and shoes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He probably tapes up his ankles or wears braces underneath his socks and shoes

yeah he'd have to

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
tight jorts stone cold but only if he's also wearing the vest

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm not letting this thread get past the first page without this on it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Worst of ring gear is when John Cena turned face and instead of wearing hated rival jerseys of local sports teams he wore local sports team jerseys and looked like a suck up creep.
One time at a house show in Huntington, WV Cena wore a WVU jersey while heel and got cheered for it because not even the people living in Huntington like Marshall University anymore

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jeff Jarrett Aztec gear

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Road Warriors / Legion of Doom's shoulderpads were the coolest thing in the world when I was a kid

Also I think Rick Martel's model gimmick was hilarious and underrated

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

but what I'd like right now is for all you fat SA sweathogs to sit down and take a look at what a real man's gear looks like

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've always hated Jeff Jarrett's gear in the 90s.

super macho dude posted:

Jeff Jarrett Aztec gear

That too.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Great Sasuke wore kung-fu slippers which is crazy for his style, and also means occasionally he'd take a rana or something and one shoe would go flying off into the audience, and that is the kind of comedy I can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Bums me out that Kurgan is the only one alive.

Giant Silva is also alive.

• Locked thread