Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It plays really smoothly, the jank mostly feels like weird quirks to me. But I really like it, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ah got it. Guess I never put together that the exclusive classes were all 2 tier or 3 tier.

On that topic though, I know mage and cleric are pretty unique classes since they learn new spells and such at certain levels does Pegasus Knight have anything similarly unique to it since it's also 2 tiers, or is it just that it's the only class that can fly and that's pretty darn useful.

Yeah, mostly it's that peg Faye is a flying shitkicker. I would probably go cleric for her though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

If anything the ones for getting coins might be fun to play with; I had a lot of weapons whose upgrade chains I wanted to see more of but never had enough coins for. But that's sort of reaching for anything at all of value where there isn't much.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 18, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Silque has a support wit Jesse on Celica's side, that is the one cross army support I can think of off the top of my head.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

loving lol the dlc bundle is sixty-three dollars canadian

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Zore posted:

Wait the fountains are 3 boosts apiece?

:negative:

1-3. It'll tell you when you've exhausted them.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

One time I am gonna do a run that swaps Silque to Celica and just warp people across the desert.

Another silly gimmick dealio but hey.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Promote everybody in all classes at the first opportunity. Do not wait until 20, for any class

Alm's promotion opportunity comes late enough that you could get away with it or just grind it out because it might only be a couple levels away. But that's a choice between do it immediately or grind it out, not do it immediately or wait.

Take it from someone who figured they might as well wait, if you wait until 20, you won't have more than a couple promoted characters at endgame.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Kliff just learned a spell that's 1-3 range. Whaaaat? :eyepop:

This game is messing with my Fire Emblem sensibilities... and I think I like it.

wait until you start promoting archers

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Tae posted:

Are gold coins that rare in the game? I got like 1 on Alm's route and can possibly get infinite on Celica's route because Golden Dagger produces infinite trade ins. I was gonna change the golden dagger into zofia but saw some that require 5 gold pieces.

I am pretty sure the gold coin requirements are DLC bait; I am honestly not sure how else the game expects you to get some of the higher ones without foregoing everything else.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, but at that conversion rate, I am not too enthused.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

you can offer the booze to Mila statues for a fatigue heal. Probably only worth keeping a couple around.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

A warm body with a killer bow is beautiful.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

Celica gets the Rion and Fugue shields, and can give the Fugue shield to the correct guy, but the Rion guy was in Zofia castle. Do I have to know in advance this happens so I can send the Rion to Alm through the Peddler or is there another way to get the Rion shield to its guy?

I don't know about in advance, but yeah the peddler is the only way before endgame. You get more uses in a bit if you used the chapter 3 one on Celica's side, though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Pastrymancy posted:

Is the peddler in the same location in all parts? I need a bow sent to one party

You get one use per peddler and the transfer is instantaneous; you don't need to pick it up or anything.

Tae posted:

The Maps could be the friendliest maps in the world, but so many maps in the 2nd half are just sniping Mire arcanists and witches that Barons just instantly melt except for one that has a hex shield. At that point in the game, Dreadfighters are your "tanks" if you ever bother taking defensive damage that's not your invokes.

Yeah I feel like a lot of the back half of the game just ends up turning into elaborate sniping missions, followed by cleanup.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I like Conquest's good maps a lot.

Shame about all the gimmicky bullshit maps.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

I keep twitching every time I promote a unit before it's capped. Why is it good to do that, exactly? I haven't looked at the mechanics too deeply.

It's a combination of a few factors:

a) class change stat boosts only kick in if you're below the bases for the new class. You get more stats doing it earlier!
b) the xp curve more or less expects you to be promoting at around certain points and your gains will fall off a cliff if you don't
c) growths are just low enough that it's not hugely worth slogging through point b.

Cuntellectual posted:

Is it 1 for spells too? My Kliff (man he's an okay character but that's a dumb name) has 10 speed and was hitting dudes with 9 speed but not doubling.

books have weight. Lowers your speed.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Out of curiosity will characters kill themselves casting spells if you try to make them?

No, if you don't have the hp for a spell you can't cast it. This helps a lot in at least one case I can think of...

quote:

Huh. I guess I didn't realize that because they're not items this time around.

Yeah it's not well signposted.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

i mean, would you want to have sex with clive

he knows his place, that's the most important thing you can get from a man

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

But if I go back to promote Clair now she'll gain 10 HP :smith:

those hp are waiting for her, safe and sound and also you won't be fighting anything where the falcon knight benefit will be a huge deal before you get to the next statue.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Tae posted:

I'm starting to think anti-flier doesn't actually exist in normal mode. I've seen it once on a boss and that's about it.

I played it on normal originally, it's definitely around, just less present as on hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

sonya and genny got married in their endings. gay marriage isn't legal in echoesland which is why genny had to lie about it and why they had to leave for a bit. they went to fateslandia and got married there. then they came back and spread the witch rumor to escape noted anti-gay activists, like kamui.

okay but sonya reminds genny of her mom and that's not my kink

• Locked thread