Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The biggest issue I have is that their crits are just a single portrait of their official art. They HAVE yelling faces, it's such a weird choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't understand witches. Why do thet sometimes not use teleport?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I was wondering why this awful map with a billion archers and one sniper on a desert castle existed

Then I went back and recruited the Whitewings :doh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

These promotions make me laugh everytime. Sure, Genny. You just get 10 more HP when becoming a Saint.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Alexis Tipton confuses me so much, because for the longest time I thought Melissa Fahn was back and voicing Clair.

Also, going from Setsuna and Felicia to Catria, you couldn't convince me they were the same person.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Boey is good by virtue of being a mage. Ignoring terrain and hitting from 3 range is always better than sword user #4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If Saber keeps hitting his speed and strength growths I don't think this is true.

Saber ain't sword user #4, like Atlas or Jesse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Saber hasn't been that useful to me since Valbar joined. The only thing he's there for is to activate the golden dagger for free supplies, but that's about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ungulateman posted:

also i decided i have another criticism: characters saying dumb things when you get 1-stat level ups when 1-stat level ups are the norm and to be expected, unlike in awakening/fates

But they're happy as hell when they get a 2 statter? I don't get it.

ungulateman posted:

give him an actual sword

He has a fully upgraded golden dagger, it is stronger than a steel sword or the blessed sword. He is not doing more damage than Mae who's throwing Aura like there's no tomorrow or out-move the White Wings or hit from great distance like Boey or Leon. He's just one of many melee guys who can kinda tank but can't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

What's the difference between using the wheel and restarting?

Also my lukas and Clair won't gain support points when they're next to each other. Am I missing something?

They don't gain support points because they don't have supports

Lukas's only support is with Clive

Before you ask, Clair and Clive don't have supports because I dunno

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are gold coins that rare in the game? I got like 1 on Alm's route and can possibly get infinite on Celica's route because Golden Dagger produces infinite trade ins. I was gonna change the golden dagger into zofia but saw some that require 5 gold pieces.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bad growths just mean the numbers get higher when you promote

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

neongrey posted:

I am pretty sure the gold coin requirements are DLC bait; I am honestly not sure how else the game expects you to get some of the higher ones without foregoing everything else.

Well you can get infinite gold coins with Celica at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Uh, I hope Deen is supposed to be an awesome unit, because the choice is basically between a powerful mage and a brave sword or...a swordsman with a steel shield

not much of a decision

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If the enemy is doing a "Oh poo poo too much damage' and retreat to a healing tile, will they literally never try to attack during that process?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've been whittling archers down with Leon until they retreat and was asking if they suddenly turned around and shoot my whitewings.

Which uh by the way, I hope they reach that point where they hit hard and/or survive more than two hits.

I might also switch back to the Iron Bow for my archers because +30 hit is waaay more important than extra power.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean the Whitewings in general can't take more than 1 enemy if they're lucky. They're really fragile, and they don't do a lot of damage. I assume once they go Falco they're way better but eh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Wait what's this about trade ins now?

You can trade in provisions and items for silver. The golden dagger has an ability to increase power and make any killing blow drop a provision. You then convert those trade-ins into silver marks, which then can be converted into gold coins.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How long are each act because i just finished celica's half of act 3 and I'm 20 hours in

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Are there any dancers in this game? If not, yeah I'll give the Boots to Celica.

Faye has a saint spell that renews a term but it's late game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Python did the ONE goddamn useful thing which is that Delthea attacked him, he counterattacked to put her at one HP so she can't do anything.

Good job, Python.

By the way, what the gently caress are you supposed to do to reliably not kill her, because that only happened because Python is literally my worst unit

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Terper posted:

She didn't teleport to me during the first three turns, at which point the boss was dead and it was cleanup. :shrug:

That's the most annoying part is that teleportation is literally random. Delthea teleport+attacked on the FIRST turn.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

The Blessed Lance should go to Celica, because she fights way more Terrors than Alm.

Kind of a waste because she has so many more tools for taking on terrors with the whitewings, mages, herself, and the saints. And you already have access to a blessed sword.

If anything, Alm needs it more because he only has Clair and way less mages.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Speed is the most important stat because being doubled is really bad and power is more than made up through weapon skills and general pelting through long range attacks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What is this loving bullshit map with THREE conjurers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Is the warning tablet in Sylvan Shrine abut needing to be powerful just for show or is that something I should come back to a bit later in the game?

A swarm of gargoyles are there and unless you're promoted to 2nd tier, they will double all your party.

The trick is to attack them one by one in their cages before opening the treasure chest at the end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I gave my Ridersbane to Clive

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Part of having blessed units that's lost is that Forsycthe has almost as much defense as a Baron Lukas, but then when he promotes it's all for naught

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is gaining skills required just battles or specifically using it?

Also shields seem incredibly useless by chapter 3? Anyone that doesn't have a weapon has a ring that gives recovery for my team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RME posted:

Faye is cool but i realized that when i made her a pegasus knight i only perpetuated the pegasus knight with an unrequited love for the lord

but Clair is already on the party?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vernatio posted:

Jesus, Atlas smashes poo poo to pieces if you make him a merc. He's already outspeeding and outdamaging my Myrms.

Also, are wines and ales just sale fodder, or do they serve some kind of purpose? It doesn't look like I can drink them.

They give a lot of silver when you exchange them at the forge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Poison swamps are the worst part, way worse than the desert

Zore posted:

Hell even after Alm gets Methilda, the strongest recruit he gets at base to that point, Celica immediately one ups him and gets a stronger cav. Its a little nuts.

What Cav, I'm in the middle of chapter 4 and I still have no horse except Leon at this point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Python's problem is that he's incredibly slow and he's inaccurate. It's really annoying for him to get even fed kills.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, +2 range magic ring.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zore posted:

Supports honestly feel pretty tacked on overall, a whole lot of them are about sweet gently caress all. Looking at you Tobin.

Eh, supports themselves seem that way but between base conversations, banter during battle, and general way more cutscene time, they are equal for me.

I mean, Tobin and Gray are STILL relevant and active in story cutscenes in chapter 4! That's goddamn amazing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dread Fighter is absurdly the best class by far. Fast, relatively tanky, and is your best tools to fight all those goddamn Arcanists and Necrodragons and anything else magic related.

Also they are more flippy ninja poo poo than anything in Awakening or Fates, which is impressive in its own right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I assume most of the importers played on normal when they said they barely remembered that abilities existed, because my battles are basically won or lost on abilities. I've been cheesing maps a little bit by having someone stand on a grave tile and use the "double terrain bonus" ability to solo everything.

Endorph posted:

also fyi: silver bows have a skill that silences enemy casters. i didnt realize this until near the end of my 2nd run.

Long bows have an ability to freeze an enemy in place.

Zore posted:

Abilities are a godsend for feeding kills or taking out bosses as well since they usually have substantial might/accuracy boosts.

I once Subdued 5 mages for Delthea to chomp up and eat for levels.

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 22, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Peg Knight has fun mobility and a second one can make for strike duos. Dual clerics is spectacular in a game where spells cost hp, and she gets some very useful spells. Yeah, it's a toss-up.

Rescue basically lets you send a glass cannon to eliminate one enemy like a mage or archer and get them out of danger. Rinse, repeat. Warp+Rescue takes care of those fortress maps with a billion archers aiming down corridors.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mathilda is a res cav, while Clive is the physical tank. They work well as a partner unit, I guess.

Levin Sword never fell too far for me because that super ability is still good enough.

Literally the only problem I had with magic are witches because they go for Python every single time and kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Let's talk about the best Est in a game that has Est

Delthea as a base mage is better than most of my regular mages and saints

• Locked thread