Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'll get it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The war-cries in this game are so loving lame. It's almost hilarious.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

they own extremely hard, actually

"Sure, I'm still hyper! Let's go!"

Lucina scores a crit and yells "I SAY WHEN IT ENDS!"

Celica scores a crit and yells "i apologize."

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

They also gently caress up the timing on a lot of them so they play too late or too early. poo poo once the line didn't even play at all. Some of them are over long too.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

why doesn't this girl whos whole story is about trying to end the war with minimal bloodshed not exuberant when she kills people???

Kinda missing the point of the war-cries.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

kinda missing the point of the game

The point of the game is to have fun.

I would have more fun if the game did a better job of helping me

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a way of dealing with teleporting witches other than pray that they got after someone with decent res?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Not really. They are some utter bullshit.

1992 is one hell of a drug.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Tae posted:

I don't understand witches. Why do thet sometimes not use teleport?

Because the AI in this game is high as balls on 1992.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Peddler. You can find him in one of the villages.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Maybe it's chapter-specific?

It is.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Ruggington posted:

my alm has only remained relevant by being a warm body I could attach a shield to and jam into a choke

To be fair that's how you beat half the maps.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Remove moe-tooth.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Quick question-- Normal or Hard? I'm considering Hard as long as it's not Awakening Lunatic-level.

Hard has not been difficult for me. Unless it really ratchets up in act5/6.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Whelp, gone through most of Act 4 which means I've experienced swamp and Cantor hell now! Ridiculously unfun. The only fun map in a while was Jamil's map which, while full of Witches and a Cantor spawning hell on wings, was actually challenging in a fun way and not the "gently caress this annoying poo poo" way! Course, after that was Duma whose gimmick to battle him is not fun, but at least I have a Dracoshield now and am wondering who to give it to. And then, there's Duma's Tower which I'm sure won't be much fun.

Snipe the nearest cantor, call in an airstrike on the northernmost cantor (the one who is not a boss) and kill the one who is a boss with a combination of the two. If you have a Saint and a handful of magic rings then the damaging effects of the swamp can be very easily mitigated.

edit: Oddly enough this was, for me, one of the most simple and easy levels.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Ok also as long as we're discussing presentation, how did they manage to drop the ball SO HARD when it comes to Critical Hits?

They use the normal smiling portraits which just doesn't communicate any intensity, and we know they have serious/stern/shouty portraits to use. And the quotes are all completely lackluster and the animations pale in comparison to the rest of the games' amazing combat animations.

It really weirds me out since this game has otherwise perfect polish and excellent presentation and yet they dropped the ball on one of the most important parts of that. Hell sometimes the line either does not play at all or it plays out of sync with the cut-in animations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I kinda want to make Atlas a Cav since Celica gets enough Mercs. But lots of desert maps apparently.

I made him an archer and have not regretted it. Celica gets 3 peg-knights for mobility, and she'll have a cav join later on anyway. A second archer is very useful for her.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The best class five Atlus is archer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Only time I used invoke was vs. Duma and even in that fight they ended up being more of a pain than anything since they blocked me out of spaces and aggroed enemies I did not want aggroed.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Did you use Genny's invoke? Because it's the best since they all die immediately and clog nothing.

Genny's more useful using psychic.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

One thing about witches is they do not scale very well with the rest of the enemies. You'll reach the end of chapter 4 and they'll still have <30 hp and 10-14 speed/attack.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

is making atlas a merc a trap

it seems so obvious

Make him an archer. 1 archer is not enough.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

archers suck

make him a merc

Archers break most of the maps. Atlas especially since he has absurd strength.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Zore posted:

My strangest level up was still when Clair got Speed/Res two levels in a row.

I think literally no one else proc'd a res growth the entire run.

All the res growths are single-digit.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that Celica's army would have been doomed if Valentians had ever invented the roof

loving archers are op as poo poo.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

eggrolled posted:

I thank whoever mentioned the Brave Sword from the Deen encounter a few pages back. Both Saber and Kamui using Brave Swords (converted a Shadow Sword for another one) basically made me feel like I'm not playing on Hard anymore,

which maybe on second thought is not so good. I'm sure more jerk enemies will compensate, I hope

They really won't. This game is not difficult once it runs out of tricks.

At least the last boss is properly hard.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

What does the shard even do?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Echoes Act 2 is like the opposite of janky. It's very polished, well made and everything works properly pretty much all the time. Janky and occasionally poorly designed are not the same thing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Casual is pointless in Echoes since you can just Bites The Dust.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress, whatever. The solution to that is to just bait the enemy force into either attacking you on a different map or letting you attack them. Either way they're still annoying wastes of time.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

It would be fine if it was like in 8 or 13 where you could very easily choose not to fight them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I didn't bother even trying to kill Jedah. He just spams trash at you, really the hard part is getting Duma in position to die in 1 turn, and Jedah doesn't really get in the way of that too much.

• Locked thread