Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Just reached the shrine.

Make everyone who can be a Merc a Merc, good idea or bad idea?

e: gently caress it i'm doing it

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Not that I'm complaining, but a Levin Sword in the first chapter? OK, game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My 3 guy villagers are Mercs so I just gave Lukas, Faye, and Silque +1 each.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Lightning Sword :discourse:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Dungeon Mowing Simulator 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Python is awful but Forsyth is a strong contender as well

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Mae's voice acting is one of my favorites in this game.

Actually most of the voice acting is really really good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zore posted:

My Atlas has like 26 str and 17 speed. Anything he looks at melts.

Making him a myrm is crazy good.

What up Atlas-using buddy :hfive: Wait until you get to Dread Fighter, he can tank magic as well on top of all that.

Dread Fighters are cool and good and Celica can get five of them.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Does Devil Axe have a use or is it basically just free 50 silvers?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Celica doesn't gain Mov when she promotes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dread Fighters make Celica's entire Act 4 ridiculously easy. I know they're all I talk about but I can't help it, I love Dread Fighters so much.

Also Atlas is stupid good with the Blessed Sword.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

ungulateman posted:

alm's army is so loving bad lmao

kliff and tobin are getting doubled and killed by literally everything, on normal, on maps with zero ways to protect them

This is why you make them all Mercs.

Also I gave Boey the 3 Spd boosts at the start and he performed pretty well. Maybe those could've gone to Mae or Celica but eh, having an extra good mage doesn't hurt.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 22, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The dodges might be the best animation in the game. They're super smooth.

Also, wow. The Nuibaba map took a very long time.

I Warped Kliff with a Brave Sword up there and he critted Nuibaba twice :haw:

Then he also proceeded to kill two of the Dread Fighters + dodged/tanked a whole bunch of Arcanists.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I forged Atlas a bow named "Plz gain Spd."

Does Sniper give any speed boosts? Please say yes. :gonk:

Killer Bow has a skill that attacks twice, you might wanna try to get that instead. You get Killer Bow by upgrading it from a Silver Bow, which you get later in Celica's route. Before that just use Steel Bow's Heavy Draw for uh, massive "chip" damage? Honestly given Atlas' ridiculous Str growth it doesn't sound that bad.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I love Atlas :allears:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I got to the Last Bastion map and I just realized promoted Alm can actually use bows.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 23, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Speaking of that, I love how Celica would say something like "we're up against necrodragons... but I have the Seraphim spell at my disposal", completely unafraid and ready to kick some draconic arse.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rudolf attacked Mathilda, with Clive tucked 2 spaces away for support bonus, and got Ridersbane-critted to death on turn 2. :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Mathilda one-rounded Berkut at the final dungeon.

I love Mathilda and I love Ridersbane.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

Rhomphaia is arguably one of the best weapons because its skill adds your speed to the attack, so putting it on Mathilda or Clair is just destruction for higher accuracy.

You can't double with the skill though, right?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Beat the game :toot:

Final map was fun and reasonably challenging. They really outdid themselves with the music for the last act's gauntlet of fights; Berkut's engagement music is probably my favorite.

Atlas tied with Alm for most kills at 118 and I find that amusing.

I'm not into LTCs normally, but I'd been clearing maps pretty fast so I held a slight hope I'd be able to get the Blitzkrieg medal (clear the game in 500 turns). Didn't get it, I guess those dungeon skirmishes pile up. I wish they actually showed how long the dungeon skirmishes take in total during the turn count tally at the end, kinda curious how much exactly I overshot the limit by.

But that's for another playthrough, I guess. For now I'm going into the postgame with Alm, Celica, and their personal guard of 8 Dread Fighters. :getin:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So I heard the postgame dungeon isn't very beatable without grinding your units to max level, is that right?

Wonder if I should get that Blitzkrieg run out of the way first, Thabes sounds like a draining experience.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

are you on normal or hard? I imagine it's a little more manageable on normal. But yeah, you do need to grind a bit.

I'm on Hard. Looks like I'm doing the second playthrough first then. Grinding a team up to high/max level is something I'd like to leave for last.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I know Lightning Sword is good in the early game, but I didn't realize it's "trade it between Alm and 3 Mercs to ORKO 4 enemies in one turn" good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

I wonder if the only people that did Rudolf's chapter legit were non-grind people, because I just camped and Invoked until Rudolf came out of the castle.

He can be baited out after you aggro the two gold knights behind the stairs, I think. After which it's easy to just gang up on him.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My Blitzkrieg strategy for Act 2 so far greatly depends on facetanking with Mae and Boey and I find this very amusing.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This just occured to me but Mercenary Valbar through the Fork could be stupidly good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kliff/Tobin is real bad, but the rest contain nice character moments. Echoes' supports are more grounded and conversational, while Awakening and Fates mostly focus on the characters' gimmicks. I personally prefer the former over the latter, it feels more natural.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Echoes' supports generally show great chemistry between their characters, which is frankly a bit lacking overall in the 3DS entries. Even though they're short I feel they show more of the characters' personality than many of Fates' supports for example, and that makes me more invested in the characters. The supports are probably never meant to be a major addition to the game, looking at how tightly budgeted this game seems, so it's understandable they have their flaws. But there are some aspects of them that people like and want to see more of, surely that's fair.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Feels like the Radiant Bow could be good on Alm considering his huge Atk stat.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Desert Stronghold cleared in 7 turns and I feel a little proud of myself :toot:

I was dreading the turn count for this map but spending almost all of my funds to get a Brave Sword for Saber turned out to be an extremely good investment.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Didn't Gray hype him up as the best knight in Zofia or something

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Double Lion doesn't care about speed so it's okay (ish)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm curious, has Valbar put in any work for you guys? Right now I feel like even deploying him is worse than not because well, witches.

e: ok tbf this is a blitzkrieg run so ofc he's gonna be useless but even in my first run he's never done anything of note

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 26, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

gotta go fast

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Atlas's slow start is seriously overblown, I'm doing a Blitzkrieg run and he's honestly performing well. Merc's 10 Spd allows him to double most stuff in Act 3 and his high Atk lets him score KOs easily. If Celica has a worst unit it's Valbar.

Python starts rough but he's an archer so he'll always find a use, and Luthier gets Excalibur and Thunder right off the bat so he's serviceable. Forsyth is irredeemable though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I did, yeah. Of course that causes map encounters to spawn but that's ~3 turns lost so no big deal. And I feel like Atlas' ORKOing potential in the future could make up for it.

At Merc Level 1 he already ORKOs the witches in Sonya's map with a Blessed Sword, and at Grieth he could one-two the Myrmidons there with some other unit like Boey, so it wasn't actually that hard to get him to Myrmidon at Dragon Shrine. So in a regular run he should still do well and pick up the pace quickly enough. Of course Saber and Kamui outclass him, but Saber and Kamui outclass everyone in Celica's route and having another Brave Sword user could be useful.

I haven't done Deen's map so fair enough. But Grieth's fort was doable with Saber and Kamui leading the charge + Genny's Physic backup. Valbar didn't even manage to get to the plain squares before the map ended.oops wrong map

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 27, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

nrook posted:

The Mathilda map seems really dependent on which enemies decide to attack Mathilda versus which ones attack your army. There must be a trick to getting them to attack you rather than her, because I don't think it's possible to wipe out all the enemies by turn 6.

You can use Silque's Warp to get Lukas on the chokepoint ASAP so some of the archers will start attacking him instead. Or maybe have Clair fly around in the archers' range to lure them away from Mathilda.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

10/1

Mathilda is a goddamned goddess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Beloved Zofia gives Recovery which is nice, but more importantly, it looks great in dungeons.

I don't think you can actually sell it though. Maybe it's accidentally sent over to Alm's convoy by the peddler? I'm not sure if that's even possible.

e: lol

• Locked thread