Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I swear I read the op and if I missed it, well I guess that's on me now, but does this game have Casual Mode and all that on it? I really prefer playing on Casual cause I don't like resetting if someone I like gets killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

it does but there's also a gimmick called mila's turnwheel where you can turn back time a turn or two which lets you do different moves and save someone from dying. it's got limited uses but it restores uses fairly often. so you can play casual, classic while using the turnwheel, or just pure classic.

Interesting, but also leads me to wonder when they stopped doing the thing where the RNG seed stayed the same even if you reset the game. Probably since Awakening, I guess?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terper posted:

*cough* oh uh yeah it's

alright, yeah it's there, hah, you stupid idiot how'd you miss it

d-drat, how'd I miss that incredibly obvious bullet point that was definitely always there

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

lol what

6.5 out of 10 huh, that basically means it's complete poo poo to them

i wonder what they gave fates (it was an 8.5 what the gently caress polygon)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean i know scores are worthless anyway but at least try to make them have some semblance of sense-making if you're gonna use them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is wifi used for anything other then DLC stuff, also lol glad the opening scene is what it is

I have no clue what the story of Gaiden is but it's cool to see Awakening just stole that from it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh hey there's an other gender option for the profile card, that's nice

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
woohoo faye leveled up, it's the first level up of the game i'm so excited

+1 def

well i guess the brigands won't hurt her as much, yay???

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Booky posted:

I'm eyeing the Cipher DLC, tbh. :v:

And is the promote everyone instantly thing due to like low stat caps or something?

promoting only increases stats if they don't meet the base for the class, so waiting only means you're missing out on stat boosts if you go over said bases

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also Nosferatu seems really really busted, Faye is a lil' killer

Silque is a bit more eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh but she can still not die at least

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
y'all weren't kidding about the map design leaving something to be desired, I'm ready to fight in places that aren't fields and caves game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the shrine mabel, mila's servant

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Ok wasnt sure it was a menu or something. How many fights until i get there

the first one is 2 map fights and one dungeon room in, it's not far at all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gonna go out on a limb and say that jedah is summoning a dragon or demon or something based solely on his appearance

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i really like how everyone looks human and then bam blue skinned, pure black eyes, and pointy ears comes along

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
celica's first level was almost perfect, she only missed on her already high res

she is now my favorite character

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ungulateman posted:

The first cantor on Celica's route is pretty tough - are you actually supposed to kill him, or does he go away after a while? I only managed to take him out because Saber rolled a crit on an absymal hit chance.

i have yet to meet anyone unkillable, i even defeated the necrodragon without Seraphim

it took a real long time but it happened!!! Also as soon as Celica killed him she learned Seraphim, it was pretty funny

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
yeah

I guess on Hard you aren't gonna be hitting for more then 1 ever so it would be much harder to defeat the Dragon early

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
just got to end of chapter 2 and wow Alm is not very smart huh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who should I make drink from the Speed and HP soda fountains?

The HP fountain strikes me as worthless compared to the speed one. I gave Faye 2 Speed Boosts and I think Kliff the other one. Not sure if optimal exactly, tbh Faye didn't really need it she's kinda tanky with Nosferatu.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Lucina scores a crit and yells "I SAY WHEN IT ENDS!"

Celica scores a crit and yells "i apologize."

it's like their different characters, with different motives and ambitions or something

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why doesn't this girl whos whole story is about trying to end the war with minimal bloodshed not exuberant when she kills people???

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i forged a pretty good sword for alm, and then not 2 battles later the royal sword came and blew it out the water

kinda mad i don't have 3rd sword user, gray is on pretty much permanent levin sword duty since drat it's useful

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

Send one to Celica. She has a glut of them, especially if you make Atlas a Merc to fix his speed.

i uh, may have already wasted that :sweatdrop:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Huh, maybe I didn't account for a weapon weight or something, though I could swear I double-checked that.

I think what's thrown me off on supports is that not everyone goes up to A, and some of the supports feel janky ending after just one/two conversations. Does Efi really have "bonkers about Alm" as her only character trait, moon over him for one support level and then just shut up?

do you mean faye, or are their really two characters with the same thing going on

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, i really hate witches. And deserts. But mostly witches.

why does Celica have only 1 Mov in the sand when every other mobile unit has 2 except valdar, that is incredibly dumb

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So is there a way to nullify the Dracoshield boosts, I have all of 2 units who can do more then 1 damage to Jedah, and it's not enough to actually kill him on the 8th attack

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
celica had a map with like 9 witches and then an entire other inner section, that map kicked my rear end

and now jedah is just straight murdering me

yeah i think her route is harder but who knows what the rest of chapter 4 has in store for alm

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
atlas is def not better then mathilda, atlas has a high attack and literal nothing else going for him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The Blue-haired Whitewing is a bit weak but the other 2 are real good, for me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

What's the rationale between picking Deen or Sonya?

Deen is a really good myrmidon, Sonya is a really good mage

it's whichever you feel you need more I think, I chose Sonya cause I like Mages

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

theshim posted:

guys Gray and Mae are fantastic

that is all

they told me Mae was bae, but i didn't believe, what a fool i was

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the animations are really well-done but my favorite is the Stone Knight guys will kick you

Also like how the Knights will use thier shield to just slam into people, I'm glad they're doing poo poo like this more often now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

Uh... what do Gold Knights get? I forgot.

+1 move and uh well Clive gained a bunch of stats but that's cause he kinda isn't any good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Terper posted:

You could just not deploy everyone. On Celica's side I've dumped Jesse, Atlas, and Valbar and on Alm's Python, Forsythe, Luther and Clive have been unable to keep up.

even the people you've dumped can be useful bait, if you're playing casual. if you're doing classic, they can be useful bait at least once

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Celica: gets rid of all of Zofia's pirates and brigands
Alm: fights some dudes on horses

question: do the rusted weapons and shields have a set weapon they come or is it random?

alm started and ended a war with an entire empire in the span of a month, give 'em a lil credit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Gray's been doing well for me but I have no idea how much of that is just from Mercenary and Thunder Sword being stupid good on their own.

i stopped using the Lightning Sword in chap 4 and it turns out he's just as good with a Brave Sword

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

What do you mean back area, there's 10 floors of back area.

in the final dungeon room, go left instead of inside and thru some doors you have to open. around the bend is a Mila Shrine

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/dungeons/temple-of-duma/ this is a pretty good map for it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh, lol, my bad. yeah you're probably hosed in that case, w/r/t a shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You must be having a lot more luck with 60% accuracy hits than I did.

please give her alms support

• Locked thread