Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hi

google io is a conference thing that starts tomorrow which is may 17 at 10et. it is an event where developers can learn about the technologies they can use 5 years from now in the android ports of their ios apps when the next version of android finally reaches like 40% of phones.

it all starts with a keynote which thankfully isnt 4 hours long this year. how will the company behind the google glass and cardboard """""vr"""""" disrupt the world next? i will be watching indoors instead of enjoying the first day of proper summer weather because im a big nerd moron!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
$3000 chromebook

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I have an invite to this thing and I can't go because of stupid reasons.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

poty posted:

how will the company behind the google glass and cardboard """""vr"""""" disrupt the world next?

i hope it's a gasoline powered big dog that you can ride like a horse

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
chome car :chome: 🚗

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

everyone really excited about magenta/fuschia because of some articles that got posted, meanwhile it's at a good grad school project level of maturity

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
I suuuure hope they talk about google glasses. I'm super hyped for it!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
wwdc is good, aws summit is good, javaone is v bad

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
google: "we have a cloud platform too. honest!"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
once self-driving cars are reliable travelers will have a huge amount of time to look at ads, u ever thought about that?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah and youll get sucked in "think this fractal is cool? give me a hundred bucks and ill let you suck my dick" and a robot cock pokes out from the dashboard, and you swipe your card and choke away

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

DuckConference posted:

everyone really excited about magenta/fuschia because of some articles that got posted, meanwhile it's at a good grad school project level of maturity

lmao magenta is just some dude loving around, it's a comedy kernel

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pram posted:

$3000 chromebook

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Gazpacho posted:

google: "we have a cloud platform too. honest!"

that was the google cloud next conference a couple months ago. you probably never heard of it, but it's actually bigger than io.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im at a google thing and people are blowing into their phones irl for the bubbles thing

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
these people are all so tech-positive and i fuckin hate it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the assistant poo poo looks cool but google already spies enough of my personal info

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

that was the google cloud next conference a couple months ago. you probably never heard of it, but it's actually bigger than io.

even ibm has a cloud conference lmao

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

IBM has the best cloud - softlayer

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

super chat owns suck it crapplailures

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lol this superchat bit is high comedy for the wrong reasons

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

amazon should be shaking in their little pantaloons RIP twitch

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Have they deleted google plus yet?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wwdc is in san jo now so it's arguable if io is actually "worse"

e: apparently google moved io to the south bay too

qirex fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 17, 2017

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Aws summit told me about a lot of cool tech that I won't be able to use due to vendor lock-in paranoia but that's my employers problem and not amazon's

Javaone was some guy from google going "duuuuuude i put kubernetes on a raz pi!" *gigglez*

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 17, 2017

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

poty posted:

lol this superchat bit is high comedy for the wrong reasons

that was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time

anticomedy at its finest truly amazing

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

carry on then posted:

even ibm has a cloud conference lmao
Any company that does something as exotic as renting out qubits should have a conference

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
unlike google who's big new announcement is a new PL named after kato kaelin

poty
Jun 21, 2008

great machine learning right there that cant grasp someone might want to say tuesday. this sure was worth the billion tensorflow petaflops

poty
Jun 21, 2008

thats from the official gmail blog btw

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poty posted:

great machine learning right there that cant grasp someone might want to say tuesday. this sure was worth the billion tensorflow petaflops

you realize these are just potential ads units and within a year there will be one that if the word 'lunch' appears in the email it will say "I'm thinking Arby's™"

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

you realize these are just potential ads units and within a year there will be one that if the word 'lunch' appears in the email it will say "I'm thinking Arby's™"

well i do now!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

now I'm curious how any system could parse "monday or tuesday" into "monday, monday, or both"

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

qirex posted:

now I'm curious how any system could parse "monday or tuesday" into "monday, monday, or both"

maybe it is super clever and can see your Tuesday is rammed because google calendar or something

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

why has nobody made a mass effect dialog wheel thing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the correct answer to that email is "why dont you just email me your loving questions or comments" anyway

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

poty posted:

"Oh gently caress off Anissa"

"Apologies, Please disregard my previous email it was a bit of a autoreply accidet, or 'tensorfail' as the kids call it 😓. you timewasting fuckstain"

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
more like the intern that made that mockup didn't proofread it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
That's apparently live actually I got it last night and it was entirely worthless. WElp that's my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I can't wait for them to unveil their next doomed initiative to properly manage the android device lifecycle

• Locked thread