Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

My point is that Venezuela wasn't as much of a shithole as it was under Chavez. Though it was clearly deteriorating. One could argue that Chavez merely didn't live long enough to see his nation crumble.

"Full steam ahead" when you've basically made your economy dependent on oil was an obviously stupid move after Saudi Arabia decided to let loose to kill competition and it also killed the Harper administration in Canada. I doubt Chavez would have carried on with as much desperation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Helsing posted:

I would love to see what a neoliberal approach to a total war economy would look like

Ironically the german economy during ww2 might be close to that minus, hopefully, genocide. They were so afraid of raising taxes on the herrenvolk that they waited until halfway through to go to full war production and much of the recovery was fueled by looting imperial conquests.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Trump will have to do some serious hard work at being a monster to top either Jackson or Buchanan.

• Locked thread