Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

What makes Erogodan as bad as Maduro?

Also, would Chavez really be that much different than Maduro?

Chavez had the Chavez cult of personality to cover up any radical shifts to cover his rear end.

Maduro's stuck trying to live up to Chavez' example if he wants to hold onto power, something Chavez never had to bother doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Didn't Maduro just continue Chavez's policies?

yes. continuing Chavez' policies is a thing Chavez never had to worry about.

let me put it this way: Thomas Jefferson never had to give two shits about what the Founding Fathers would have done. the answer was "what I decided to do, bitch." doesn't matter if it was a total reversal of what he said yesterday.

cult of personality papers over a lot of requests for consistency

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Mortabis posted:

There is never a good reason for price controls. There are better solutions to the problems you would try to solve with them.

every single first world country's health system says what

• Locked thread