Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like movie Donna better. There, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

God, I really hope that Lynch finds a way to bring back 'Invitation To Love'.

I'm sure it's been recently rebooted and everyone thinks it's a lame cash-in and that the actors are too old to reprise their roles.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The obscured nudity in front of the glass box struck me as weird given that Lynch fired tv Donna for suggesting that they could do the bar scene in Fire Walk With Me without her getting her boobs out. I guess he is mercurial about boobs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think I found the inspiration for that thing in the box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQiSGb4Luw

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Man-In-Madden posted:

Episodes 3 and 4 stuff:

The face ripping spirit was caught on video but Coop wasn't from the look of it. I was thinking it was maybe because he didn't have a physical body yet but then it's implied that the sex-havers barely missed seeing him. What do you guys think is happening there?

I noticed that the city lights from the window in the back of the box were still reflected by the camera lens after the inside of the box darkened.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Lynch really think that they would let him make two more Twin Peaks movies after Fire Walk With Me? Has his interest in a project ever lasted that long, the new series notwithstanding? I guess he spent a while with Mulholland Drive.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Seeing Frank Silva credited for the archival footage made me unexpectedly sad. Have they lost enough people to dedicate one episode to each?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

He's essentially being watched over by guardian angels.

I think Jade does act exactly like a real person. She just had the bad fortune to walk into the Twin Peaks story and she rationalizes away every insane thing as best she can. But the act does a good job of acting like a normal human being and giving natural line readings.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought it was funny when he was the log lady and nobody noticed. The horse was also pretty good.

I wonder what he would have been like if Lynch had been writing and directing him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Was Cooper supposed to sound like a robot at prison or was that the intercom system

It may have been something that happened to him as a result of getting pulled on by the red room.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think Dana Ashbrook had white hair by the time he was in his 30s.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the thing with the body's fingerprints being classified meant to suggest that the body is Major Briggs? My guess is no, because he died in a fire 25 years earlier, but why else tease a fat, old man body as military?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought Sheryl Lee looked really good in her scenes. The new ones, not the clips from the movies.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

100 degrees Calcium posted:

poo poo, that's a good point. Was there any hint about why people were trying to kill him?

Could be that evil Coop sent them to kill good Coop once he came back. Otherwise, nothing yet. Maybe people who confused Dougie with evil Coop?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He was banned from the annual Twin Peaks fan convention for getting really drink and "making people uncomfortable," whatever you take that to mean. It's mentioned on the Fire Walk With Me dvd special features.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

yeah i just saw that, she's much less sexy now

She was full-front naked in Californication with Agent Denise like a decade ago, if I remember correctly. Showtime always was on the cutting edge of turning women you remember as kids from sitcoms into sex objects.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The lingering shots of locations in True Detective owes a lot to Lynch for sure.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey, we got Major Brigs for a second and he's been dead since like 2010.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kyle MacLachlan's twitter seems so pleasant. He just gives a nice response when somebody tells him something. It's just like the digital version of a warm smile and firm handshake.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bad news about those coordinates:

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/locations/bill-hastings-coordinates-south-dakota/

Unless Rhino is going to have a show there on the day of the finale or something. But for now they just put a nice fan of the show in danger of being shot by racist hillfolk.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DropsySufferer posted:

What single question would you ask David Lynch if you could?

Which Donna is best?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s no version on streaming that has the log lady intros, is there?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bobby is definitely starting to go gray in the pilot, which makes me feel better about seeing him in the Return and feeling impossibly old (I am impossibly old).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has Lynch ever said anything about 4:3 ratios and the tyranny of tv screens? I’m sure somebody watched Twin Peaks on a portable tv back when it was new.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I was a kid my parents took me to Disneyland and the hotel had a counter-mounted three-inch tv that you could watch on the toilet. That has been the high mark for opulence for me ever since.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m guessing that in two years there will be a version of this in a regular box that goes for $50?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now where exactly is the first shot of BOB? I only ever remember to look when he shows up in the mirror at the end.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lucy looks so young.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Audrey, don’t go in there. Don’t go in there. Audrey. Audrey. Don’t go—don’t Audrey. Audrey. Audrey.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

People complain about everything bad that’s in the show, but does anyone complain about Donna’s sister who was never seen again?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I DON’T TRUST THAT FAN

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I agree with this, but at the same time I kind of love how we're seeing him through Bobby's lens. Think of all the poo poo he's got on his plate, what with the death of his girlfriend, his other girlfriend being married to a scary trucker who you happen to owe $10k for drugs, and trying to plan the death of a certain biker. Of course his dad's going to seem like an rear end in a top hat and his mom is going to seem clueless... Do we think he pulled out the cigarette for parental reaction or did he legit just forget?

At least two suspects put out for us– Leo and the final reveal that Jacoby has the other half of the necklace. And what's the deal with this Jacque Renault fellow? And who's the one-armed man, we've now seen him twice. It's interesting he was in the pilot but almost seemed to be invisible then.

I don't know if I have to spoil this but love that Sarah sees Bob and screams "Leland" and Leland's right there. KIller revealed

Catherine and Ben... They seem so bored with each other but kind of stuck with each other since their home lives suck so much and they've got this shady business going on.

I can't remember exactly what we see in the next couple of episodes, but I'm still loving the Donna and James show at this point. "Fruit Punch". Where the gently caress is Harriet? I feel like she'd be inserting herself into the James/Donna dynamic if only to be an annoying little sister, if not to see if James was another bonehead boyfriend.

I think she’s out of the show now, like Audrey’s brother will be after next episode (at least until season 3).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The priest was on Seaquest.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He just knows everything about every First Nations culture, as tv leads me to believe all American Indians do.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Audrey’s cartoony even for this show. Ben should be making her see Dr. Jacobi with all that daytime sensual dancing.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A lot of people at the time took the Norwegians to be a bizarro non-sequitur take on then-current cultural anxieties about Japan culturally and economically dominating the United States, which also shows up in a certain goofy costume we see in season two.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

zelah posted:

Maybe, but there are some pictures of him with Ghislaine Maxwell. Maybe a picture’s just a picture, but who knows.

We would know by now, as one of the victims would have said something, like with Matt Groening’s foot massage. Unless they didn’t know who he was.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I apologize for being two years late with this, but I just watched season 3 and what the gently caress is the deal with Audrey’s story? If that final shot is her being horrified at being old, that’s cruel to the actor. Also if she dreamed it, why not dream that you married Billy Zane?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess it was more than Donna got. Did Movie Donna turn them down too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wait, what doctor?