Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd watched up to season 2 episode 1 long ago, just started catching up, now up to episode 4 and I'll never finish it in time for the start of season 3. Gotta say Albert's a real highlight so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm up to season 2 episode 10 and that was a pretty steep dip in quality.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Got only the final episode left to watch and FWWM. Looks like I'll be done in time.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Under the vegetable posted:

I thought it was some kind of protection against soul transference. Laura wears it when Bob tries to possess her at the end of Fire Walk With Me, but then he can't, so he just murders her instead.

In FWWM I feel the ring marked Bob's sacrifices. Laura put it on so Bob would have to kill her instead of possess her. Dougie was sacrificed by Bob so he could stay

Everything is awesome so far.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

General Dog posted:

So is it made more explicit in episode 4 that Dougie was BOB and friends' creation? I'd assumed it was something Mike had made as a failsafe, since Dougie was unable to move his arm right before he got zapped to the lodge.

BOB outright says in episode 2 he has prepared a contingency plan to not go back to the lodge.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

samu3lk posted:

One thing I noticed is that in the Black Lodge, Coop has a pin or a badge or something on the lapel of his jacket. After he emerges and takes Dougie's place, it's gone.

I couldn't quite make out what was on the pin and I want to know where it went. Could just be a continuity error, to be fair.

It's a FBI pin. He had it throughout the original series when he was in uniform and so do his colleagues.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I only just noticed the floor pattern in the black lodge is rotated 90° from what it was in the original. Possibly just to drive conspiracy theorists mad.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

1000 umbrellas posted:

And if it really is "so Lynch," I guess I don't like Lynch anymore?
Most if not all of it seems deliberate. In the episode 4 car sequence you can see they didn't even align the road with the car.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cephas posted:

But the thing that sticks out to me is that when he meets his doppelganger in the lodge, he runs away from it. Using dream logic--in a nightmare, you don't run away from the monster chasing you, you confront it. It seems strangely un-Cooperish, un-heroic and un-agentlike and un-mindful for him to flee instead of face it.
He wasn't running from his dopplegänger, he was trying to beat him to the exit. He was already going away before the doppelganger even appeared.

Heavy Metal posted:

With Leland and Bob, it felt like Bob literally possessed Leland, and was another personality. Granted also being a metaphor or whathaveyou. This feels different.

This is true if you only consider the series until s2e9, but in the finale, which introduces the whole doppelgänger thing, you do see Leland's own doppelgänger, at which point Cooper seems to realize what's happening and starts hurrying to the exit, so I feel this was always Bob's way of doing things.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

eSporks posted:

I think I am alone in that I actually liked Windom Earle. He reminds me of Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Just pure chaotic neutral insanity.
He reminded me of a power ranger villain, getting his scene when he's cackling with his underling in his secret base every episode.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CJacobs posted:

Danzig is still my favorite Bad Coop nickname.
I was wondering, what's the origin of that one?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It was infuriating
It was amazing
I hated it
I loved it

Attitude Indicator posted:

Did frank truman ever do anything of note, beyond seeming bored of everything?
His heart burns with passion for fish

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Coop rescues Diane but he actually has nothing at all to do with the defeat of BOB. He just kinda shows up.
He explained cell phones to Lucy and told her to shoot mr C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrVenkman posted:

My only real complaint is the Audrey stuff. If it was never going to be addressed again I think it might've been better to leave things as a weird, poorly acted melodrama.
It seems like such a clear parallel to Cooper's ending that I feel it's very much addressed.