Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Raxivace posted:

I always figured the Red Room and the Black Lodge are one in the same, but I'm not entirely convinced the White Lodge was ever directly depicted in the show.

Maybe the final shots of FWWM with Laura and Cooper are brief glimpses of them entering the White Lodge, but frankly that raises way more questions than it answers.

I've always interpreted them as being different perspectives on the same place, mainly because of the end of FWWM. It definitely looks the same as the black lodge.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Personally I hope Lynch does go super inaccessible. I want FWWM on ketamine.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

My Lovely Horse posted:

Neither is Dune and that's a thing that happened. For better or worse.

Definitely for better. I don't think it's a good film in any sense, but I enjoy watching it.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

business hammocks posted:

I'm sure it's been recently rebooted and everyone thinks it's a lame cash-in and that the actors are too old to reprise their roles.

:perfect:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Empress Brosephine posted:

Can't god drat wait. Want to skip work just for it lol.

Yeah, I'm so tempted to take tomorrow morning off and just watch 4 hours of Twin Peaks, but I really can't justify it. Tomorrow evening it is.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Don't know about the States, but as I understand it, here in the UK, there are the first two hours airing live at some ungodly time of the morning, and immediately when they finish the next two are available for streaming.

If that's right, I assume it must be the same across the Atlantic.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

How are we going to handle spoilers, considering that streamers will be ahead of people who are watching on TV? Black bars for stuff that's aired, then black bars with a warning for stuff that's only been on streaming?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Bob takes the form of an owl sometimes when he's not possessing humans.

Is it implied that he can also see through the eyes of owls? I have that in my head, but I'm not sure where I got the idea from.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've not had a chance to watch 3 and 4 yet. But oh my god. It's pure unadulterated Lynch and it's wonderful.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Shoehead posted:

Hi
James was never cool

I just needed to say that

That might have been the best knowing nod in the premiere. Everyone knows that James is the opposite of cool.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, so if both episodes 3 and 4 are streaming but haven't aired, does that mean that there'll only be a new episode available to everyone in 3 weeks, instead of next week?

I believe so. 3&4 air next week, the next new ones a week after that. Sky, at least, haven't said that 5 will be available for streaming after 3&4 air.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, exactly.

It's hilarious knowing there are thousands of people who said "Hey, this Twin Peaks thing sure is popular, let me see what it's all about" and then they watched Ep. 1 thinking they could catch on.

I really want to read a review from someone who watched this without having seen Twin Peaks series 1 or FWWM. I bet they'd be utterly boggled.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ginette Reno posted:

I actually thought Lynch explained things more than he usually does. I suppose at least part of that was to not confuse the new viewer too much.

I mean Cooper was walking around explicitly laying out his plans. You don't usually see stuff like that with Lynch.

To be honest, I was surprised they told us anything as explicit as Cooper can't leave till his doppleganger comes back in.

On an unrelated note, what's up the Evolution of the Arm saying 257, but the subtitles saying 253?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Josh Lyman posted:

Wyndam Earp's actor is a good sport to put up with all the ridiculous costumes and makeup they put him in.

He picked those costumes himself.

e: Beaten

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

business hammocks posted:

I thought it was funny when he was the log lady and nobody noticed. The horse was also pretty good.

I wonder what he would have been like if Lynch had been writing and directing him.

The horse was by far the top Wyndam Earl disguise. It was actually oddly intimidating.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Episode 3/4 spoilers Just a little thing, but I thought it was wonderful that Dougie was working on the symbology of the red room in the real world. The red room doesn't act on words it acts on bizarre movements and symbolic movements and he's just interpreting the real world in the same terms. It was beautiful.

God, I can't get over how good this show is.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Josh Lyman posted:

-I think they forgot to paint out the wires suspending Ray Wise at the end when Bob takes his garmonbozia.

I'd not noticed that, but even if so, it makes sense. It's a good puppet on strings metaphor.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I don't think it's likely, but equally no-one knew what the plot for the first 4 episodes was until a week ago, and no-one know's what's coming up, so it's not impossible.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

El Jeffe posted:

Speaking of which, what was the deal with that murder and Matt Lillard? He didn't do it and was only acting sketchy because he was having an affair with the woman, yes? And BOB is most likely the real culprit?

He said he was there in a dream, so it could be either one. He could have been having an affair with her and separately been possessed, leading to the murder.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

A lot of things would make more sense if Trump was a doppelgänger.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't understand why people do this. It's like Deathly Hollows bring the first Harry Potter book you read, or starting with season 6 of Game of Thrones. Makes zero sense.

It's slightly different though, considering there was a 25 year gap between "original" Twin Peaks and the Return. Some people might assume that a TV series coming 25 years later might attempt to be approachable for new viewers, I mean, not anyone familar with Lynch, but if you're going in knowing basically nothing about it, it's a wrong assumption, but not an unreasonable one.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MacLachlan was robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah. I think it’s probably the only bit of Twin Peaks that isn’t at least interesting.