Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

So Michael J Anderson (Man from Another Place) has apparently gone completely off the deep end and is trashing TP and Lynch on social media. His Facebook is full of pro-Trump stuff and its unfortunate that he won't be a part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

And More posted:

Sounds like it was a wise decision to not let him be part of the third season, then. I think it's extremely fotunate.

I mean yeah if he's a piece of poo poo he shouldn't be there. But he is part of my favorite Lynch film (MD) and he brings something unique to the scenes he's in in TP. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the lodge without him.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Yeah, FWWM is definitely a David Lynch film and not a David Lynch/Mark Frost production on ABC. My girlfriend didn't like it (no Lynch film compares to Blue Velvet for her) but I really liked it. It is a deeply unsettling film that, when taken into context, shows just how hosed up Laura's life was and that she was essentially doomed from the start. Twin Peaks shows a fairly normal town starting to unravel, but FWWM shows that the town has always had a very dark underbelly to it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

kaworu posted:

On another note, seeing people like Catherine Coulson and Warren Frost doing scenes like these when they are literally at death's door just makes it even weirder that Michael Ontkean apparently didn't come back. I mean, apparently there are health reasons, but he couldn't have sat down in front of a webcam and filmed some conversation scenes with Forster, even? Just for old times' sake? And then the things people have to say about his absence are really odd.

To me, that's still the one and only thing that occasionally takes me out of the reality of the show, is when Harry Truman is acknowledged.

I agree that at this point, the constant Harry references (and not just references, but seeing characters or at least one character, interact with him) take me out of the show. I would imagine they're building up to something and it is entirely possible he has been re-cast.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The This Is Dougie's Coffee from the Twin Peaks/Showtime site is a REALLY heavy bug. I feel like I could grab the handle and smack someone in the face with it and it not break.

It is also really difficult to drink coffee...or anything...from. The top of the mug is lined thick so it is really easy for the coffee to drip off onto the side of the mug.

How did Dougie drink from this?