Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chev posted:

I'm up to season 2 episode 10 and that was a pretty steep dip in quality.

Strap in for the next half dozen, they're the worst episodes (still worth watching though). Also it recovers afterward.

I finished my rewatch yesterday, but still have a good chunk of the book (which was sitting around collecting dust until I realized the show is back on Monday and felt some urgency to pick it up). I also need to do a FWWM rewatch so I'll probably do that this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Looks like I'll be watching FWWM and the Missing Pieces tonight, then. Probably FWWM first for the rewatch, it has been a few years.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah just for the first four.

Le Saboteur posted:

Haha friggin Eugene from The Walking Dead just walks through a scene quickly delivers a line and is gone.

John Ennis from Mr. Show is just sitting at a slot machine, I don't think he even had a line

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

JazzFlight posted:

Uhhhh, he had the best line!
HelllOOOOOOoooooo!
It was the inspiration for Coop to copy.

oh whoops

Basebf555 posted:

Has it been theorized yet that this woman who Gordon is going to track down to help identify Cooper could be Diane?

Yeah I've seen that posted in this very thread, the other suggestion I see popping up is Audrey.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

kaworu posted:

We found out that, interestingly, there have apparently been a series of *hoaxes* regarding people reporting information or fingerprints or *something* regarding Major Briggs, but it looks like some military branch of the government is so intent on information about what happened to him (or something) that they dutifully check out every single lead. That also links back to the FBI and likely Gordon Cole, but *possibly* something to do with Cooper/Jeffries as well. We are not really sure why this military guy feels dutiful about keeping the FBI specifically up to speed on the Major Briggs situation.

I'm guessing it relates to the investigation as conducted in the Mark Frost book, right? Book spoilers: The book is essentially all of the research that has been assembled by Garland Briggs and then reviewed and verified by FBI Agent Preston so I would assume there's some sort of communication that remains ongoing?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

on Shaggy's geocities website there's a video(?) with the show's theme, but underneath you can hear something else. Has anyone figured out what that is yet?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ahahah holy poo poo

This show is great and although I had a case of the fireworks factory around episode 6/7ish I am glad it has played out the way it has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't think a third season was in the cards at any point during the original run, as the ratings tanked in season two after the resolution of the Who Killed Laura Palmer storyline (add in the complication that ABC kept moving its day and time slot, getting pre-empted due to Gulf War coverage, etc.) and at one point ABC put the show on "indefinite hiatus" and didn't even bring it back to air the final half dozen or so episodes until people started writing them letters begging for it basically.