Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

theshim posted:

Let's see if I get something besides Water Crystal jobs this year!

Pff, water is all you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Oyster posted:

Does PSX still have the magic underflow glitch? That was the main reason why I chose the SFC version for my quadzerk run last year. Not that I'd ever play the PSX version again, just curious.

It's a snes rom in an emulator so probably, yeah.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

Hello, Fiesta veterans. Do you find your Fiesta runs lacking? Are you getting tired of seeing awful Geomancers and boring Dragoons in your Fiesta party? Do you wish you could have something more... exciting? Try spicing up your next Fiesta with a new...

:siren: Final Fantasy V Advance Randomizer:siren:

Just drag a Final Fantasy V Advance (US only!) ROM onto the randomizer and get two randomized ROMs in return! You can even use patched ROMs, as long as they don't change job skills. That's right, you can randomize Fiesta Patch and Sound Patch if that's what your heart desires! The program will also spit out two text files that summarize the changes in each ROM.

The first ROM you'll get is the Mild edition, which randomizes what the default skill of a job is, and the skill tree (i.e. what skills you get when you level it up.) The second ROM is the Extra Spicy edition, which does the same thing as the Mild edition...

:siren::siren::siren:...except it's different for every character!!!:siren::siren::siren:

That's right, in the Extra Spicy ROM, a Bartz Monk will have a different skill loadout than a Faris Monk. For example:
code:
Bartz Monk
    Default: !Revive
    Skill 0: 15 !Black 1
    Skill 1: 40 !White 3
    Skill 2: 80 Equip Armour
    Skill 3: 200 Dual Wield
    Skill 4: 280 Equip Ribbon
Faris Monk
    Default: !Drink
    Skill 0: 30 !White 2
    Skill 1: 65 !Lance
    Skill 2: 90 !Spellblade 4
    Skill 3: 200 !Flee
    Skill 4: 440 !Mug
Note: This is still under development as there are a few bugs with the Extra Spicy edition, but it should be mostly functional. I am aware that some parts of the menu doesn't correctly reflect AP costs at the moment. If you find any bugs, or there are specific features you want, let me know!

I've had a couple jobs show spellblade in their extraspicy lists but they're not selectable.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

Do you mean you unlocked the skill but it's not appearing in the menu? That might be an annoying "feature" of the original game that requires you to learn all the lower level skills first, I'll update the randomizer to fix that ASAP!

Yeah. Yay!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

fits posted:

but why

because he didn't know what it is :getin:

Anyway it should have IZJwhatever's innovations too so that should help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Enjoy!

• Locked thread