Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Samuel Clemens posted:

I think the only two classes that heavily break the early game are Beastmaster and Samurai. The former because most bosses in World 1 aren't immune to the shenanigans they can pull off with Release, and the latter because of the way Zeninage's scaling works.

probably the best part of getting samurai so early is thats more ap earned towards !Iainuki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What's the Rush challenge?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay, so there's a week left in the Fiesta

I signed up but literally have not got round to doing my first run until now. As such I am in a:

In honour of all the lazy people here and Megaman's dog, I'll donate £1 to charity for everyone who completes a run in this last week with the name Rush to a limit of £40.

God speed and I hope you manage to finish up.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Supremezero posted:

The dreaded 4 Zerkers?

FIVE ZERKERS?!

thay found what it was, to go further zerkyound

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
i liked ff12 balthier

at leas the ps2 collectors edition ff12 case is super neat

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kyrosiris posted:

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/871227887835205632

:getin: intensifies. (Since embedded tweets don't show quotetweets, he agreed to 30k for Yiazmat.)

but why

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

BER
ZER
KER

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

berenzen posted:

Anyone have the catch/release guide for beastmasters throughout the game?

:tbear:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I think I'm starting to "get" this whole fiesta thing.

Went in without farming and Liquid Flame's Fire2 counter was one-shotting people, in the end he ran out of MP and Lenna missed like 90% of her attacks for some reason (?) so it was incredibly tense and I just got super lucky that he got stuck in his tornado form trying to heal himself instead of in his human form.

axes have terrible accuracy if you were using them

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, Death Sickles absolutely rule. There's at least three boss fights without instant death immunity later (if you want spoilers, it's Gilgamesh on the boat, as well as Enkidu if he gets summoned, the four Crystals after the Forest of Moore, and Twintania during his Giga Flare charging phase off the top of my head) so hang onto that drat thing basically forever because you may want to swap it in at some random times.

dragon plant also falls into this category

later in the game assassin dagger is basically death sickle++ so also you can use that instead

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
!calm working on him you can argue is a bug, sure, bug omega specifically has a flag where he can't avoid stop. serenade the robot with song

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man, that Exdeath fight in World 2 was tense as hell!

I'm not sure how much farther I have to go, but I have the day off so I'm sure I'll play way too much of this today and try to finish it up so I can give some poor bastard another berserker.

if you dont bother with the sidequests world three is extremely short. you can dive into the endgame basically after one dungeon

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Mikl posted:

Y'all are awesome :)

Right now people who've completed The Run are derra, Supremezero, Samuel Clemens, ZiegeDame, Dwall, plot.lost, Huzzah!, Detheros, ssmagus, Kliff, KharlanTree, Doom Goon, Grizzled Patriarch, Sage Grimm, oldskool, StrangeAeon, Twelve by Pies, and Bregor. That's eighteen, unless I've missed someone.

its for the children

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

FreeKillB posted:

The funny thing is that FFV is the least broken of the SNES-era Final Fantasies. Sure you can duplicate items and skip the final boss, but it's small potatoes compared to the 64-door glitch in FF4 or the sketch glitch, 51 game over glitch, and airship glitch in FF6.

what are those glitches

asking for a friend

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
let the games.....begin?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

swag

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

blame yourself, or god

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

KataraniSword posted:

Samurai and 3 Zerks. World 1 was an exercise in making it rain. World 2 was an exercise in plowing through random battles with four killdozers (that sometimes made things worse, instead, oops Death Sickle procs on Reflect Knights.)

World 3 is an exercise in "where's the best place to grind with three people who are too angry to take down an iron giant safely". There's no way I'm doing NED at Lv33ish, I need to get more levels. And maybe elixirs.

for world three grinding, the ronka ruins section in the rift, right before it changes to phantom village. the monsters there drop elixers and you're steps away from the free healing pot

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ultrafilter posted:

Chemist/White Mage/Dancer/Beastmaster

World one will be painful.

four white mages till earth :stare:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
chemist can solo triple crown

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

:smithicide:

i job faired out the fire one to be a white mage

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quadzerk making me sweat against liquidflame :sweatdrop:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Sage Grimm posted:

My current run is on track for Brave Blading but my Earth job came up Dancer and I have no one else that can use Knight Swords: Black Mage, Berserker, Ranger. Hrm..

https://twitter.com/ff5forfutures/status/748314274376740864

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Fhqwhgads posted:

Pulled it off by the skin of my teeth! (I have no idea why the screen caps are so tiny) Even at lv52 NED was extremely RNG dependent for me. So many times would he get down to one piece left and then just chain Meteo/Comet on repeat and none of my guys could withstand that.

if you leave him down to one part, that one part always has a special ai script

pre:
AI SCRIPT:
Condition:??{
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Almagest,Specialty}
          {Comet,Specialty,Specialty}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Almagest,Specialty}
          {Maelstrom,Almagest,Specialty}
          }
     No Interrupt{
          {Meteo,Fight,Specialty}
          {Comet,Almagest,Specialty}
          }
     }
so either try to kill them together, or leave the part that lampodin can gank for last

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Weaker in the sense that less jobs can use it? Because I thought Brave Blade was more powerful than Chicken Knife.

also you need knight or freelancer to equip brave blade, whereas chicken knife can be used by everything but monk or white mage

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GMArcturus posted:

So can I ask what the best strategy for a quadzerker setup against Ifrit and Byblos would be? My Wind job was Chemist so until I get that Earth crystal I'm looking at some tough times. Currently the entire party is level 25.

level to mid 40s cause youll have to beat up sandworm and soul cannon with quadzerk anyway

then get chemist and promptly steamroll the rest of the game, more or less

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Rirse posted:

What the best AP place in World 3. I think it was some stingrays, but forgot if there is a better option. The drawback of having red mage is a LOT of AP is needed for it final rank, and since I got a white mage, I do want that dual cast.

comedy option: phoenix tower

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
pretty sure breaking rods on omnis face counts as a physical action

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GMArcturus posted:

Can I get some advice for Atomos for a Chemist/Zerk/Zerk/Zerk party?

chemist doesnt have a way to sleep atomos, but you can at least haste your guys with mixes. have one zerk dead at the start, buff yourself then the other two with haste, hope they poo poo out enough damage to kill it quickly. dragon powers may help with the damage output

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Nasgate posted:

I will report back if the quick leak works on mobile :downsgun:

nope :unsmigghh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

KataraniSword posted:

Ramuh/Odin/Bahamut are going to be your only forms of damage, and you're gonna eat a lot of counters. It's going to take a long time and you're gonna burn through a lot of elixirs.

sword dance chicken knife would do more damage and thus less overall counters. dancer with equip katanas for the strength bonus, everyone else geared for survival/elixer spamming

e: katana crits can ignore his defense too

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Alxprit posted:

So how does Chemist make Omega doable again? I can't seem to find anything that would actually help me fight him with my White/Red/Geo party.

you could also get it done with dualcasted thundaras, eventually. three people with reflect rings, one person without, bouncing thundaras off your party. if it damages some on your party omega won't counter

white magic for shell/curaga keeps everyone alive, mix for dragon powers/haste on red mage/turtle soups on omega to speed things up

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

StarMinstrel posted:

Thank a lot for this info post. So far I feel what's going to be hard is the lack of heals. Unless there is a nice place to farm for elixirs at some point. The floating palace was kind enough with them.

the ronka ruins section of the rift is steps away from the free healing in phantom village, decent late game exp, and drops elixers

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

gatesealer posted:

so I feel like I'm using goblin punch wrong. I have my blue mage equipped with the chicken knife and it is currently maxed out at 127, but I deal 0 damage with goblin punch. Am I missing something?

goblin punch uses a weapons base damage before modifers, so it will always be 0 for chicken knife (and 150 for brave blade, 100 for excalipoor)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
option b: dont kill the berserker off. equip him with a flame ring, diamond armour (and not the aegis shield), and a lovely dagger. everyone else gets reflect rings, and bounce doublecasted thundaras off your party, since if its damaging your berserker omega won't counter. ninja and blue are basically going to keep an elixir/white wind train going

getting float would probably help, too

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

derra posted:

Dark Sigh (eye drop + dragon fang) doesn't miss.

Edit: are you on Mobile? Did Matrix gently caress up Dark Sigh?

matrix changed a lot of mixes away from auto hitting, cause of course they did

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Is snapping rods against the sandworm a viable strategy?

go for it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Nasgate posted:

An important thing to think of is how useful a catch is vs the cost to catch it. Since you have a berserker you will either need to give it fists in the back row, blind it, or kill it so you can catch things, especially so before you get the gourd in w2.

That said, if you can reliably blind your zerker, you can get mad xp in w2 from controlling shield dragons and having them kill themselves with blaze should you want/need it for your zerker/Knight. The same dragons also cast almagest when released, one of the only sources of holy damage in w2 for use against Exdeath. I don't know the numbers on whether it's better than just quartering his hp with yellow dragons/zus though.

Once you get the gourd, I like to think of catch as a no cost </=50% hp finisher for random encounters. Being able to use it more freely and more often alleviates the fact that releases don't hold up that well in terms of damage/abusability. Especially compared to how useful sand bears and rock golems are in w1.

shield dragons M is so low that even with exdeath weak to holy it only does like ~1500 damage. just fire yellow dragons at him. three released yellow dragons will cripple him and put him in the part of his ai script that casts a lot of reflected spells though

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Isn't there a stronger almagest-having enemy in a corner of the map in the sea? Or is that GBA only?

yes, Vilia is there. but merged world only and has a M of 5 instead of shield dragons 4, so only marginally better

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
grind each of them down ~2k health and release 3 breath wings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
you'll be fine

• Locked thread