Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

berenzen posted:

Dragondarch loving up The Run in increasingly spectacular ways has been a classic staple of the FJF, losing that would be terrible.
Agreed, last year's run was a major high point of the whole fiesta. Him wiping in the wind shrine was glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I quite often get the full powered brave blade when I have a knight. With a knight, the majority of random encounters are pretty easy and I have a natural inclination to never run away from any random encounter.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Voted thief/time/geo/dragoon. Wanna inflict some pain but give them enough to get through it in a decent time frame.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Is anyone doing a name pledge this year, like the Tots for Dr. Tot last year?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Koobes posted:

Because I am a goofball who absolutely loves FF12, here's a Bartz naming :toxx: drive for some donations.

Don't listen to Ondores lies! Bartz Basch Lives!

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200)

Excellent, I also really like FF12 so count another Basch in. :)

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What is the absolute worst party you could get and still pull a Triple Crown?

Probably not the worst team, but my personal worst was beating Omega with samurai/thief/white/monk. I had to get up to level 58 to do it.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

derra posted:

58 seems ... really low to beat him with this party. Um, might I ask how you did it?

quote:

barehanded/katana crit fishing + 2 healbots. Shell cuts down on a lot of his bullshit.

Plus a metric poo poo ton of luck with his algorithm and white magic saving the day a billion times. I also went into the bonus dungeon (GBA version) to pick up the good gear in there, which is also where I levelled up from like 36 when I beat NED to 58.

It... it still took a while, I died a lot. I was insane to do it, but I had triple crowned every other run I'd ever done and didn't want to lose my streak.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

because he accidentally sold a Dragon Fang he'd needed for a boss mix,
Ah, see, I actually watched the youtube video again recently because I couldn't remember exactly what happened and it turns out he didn't sell it. He accidentally used it in a mix against wendigo.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

So what's the beastmaster catch of choice for dealing with Byblos?

I use page 32 to banish his rear end into oblivion. Extremely satisfying.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Got mystic knight/ber/ser/ker on pure chaos berserker risk but have wussed out and job faired the fire crystal to bard. I figured a support class was the best way to go, and mystic knight is good but not good enough to carry 3 zerkers.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Friendly advice, don't try to do everything in that timed segment, it's more or less impossible. You're going to run into a time-waster at the very end, so keep that in mind. If you're not averse to guides you might look up what treasures in that section are worthwhile and/or relevant to your classes so you can map out how to get them and not waste time on monsters in chests and 20 gil "treasures", but if you don't feel like doing that, just keep a brisk pace.

I just got every treasure chest with 2 mystic knights and 2 berserkers with a minute and a half to spare. It's honestly not that difficult to do with a team that can deal lots of damage quickly, like knights and mystic knights.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Monk. Boring as gently caress and already pretty iffy in a few W1 fights (Garula, Byblos for examples), let alone the other two worlds.

Second vote for monk. it's not a good class for fiesta at all.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Alright, first run down. Another Basch victory.

Also the first time I've had someone dead at the end of NED. I really like the ending changes.

And even though I couldn't use it...

bad seafood posted:

Calling all Captains Courageous!

This year, like every year, I plan on using the Chicken Knife like the dirty little coward I am. But you know what? I think you can do better!

For everyone who completes their run with a fully functioning Brave Blade either equipped or in their inventory (which is to say, a Brave Blade at full power; no running), I will donate $5 to Child's Play, up to a total of $150. For proof, all I ask is a screenshot of your party, standing before Exdeath in the Rift, with another screenshot of your untarnished Brave Blade boasting 150 attack power.

No running for me, although I came close to breaking point in that last bit of the rift. Those enemies are pretty dire with two berserkers.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Onto my second run. I went regpopular and got samurai/samurai/dancer/summoner.

I kinda wish regpopular was based on purechaos rather than chaos, but I'll stick it out. I don't really like dupe jobs, but dupe berserkers wasn't so bad and samurai are pretty rad.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I'm entering the void after picking up all the summons, and wondering if anyone has advice for taking on Omega with a team of Samurai/Samurai/Dancer/Summoner. What kind of level/gear/set up is gonna be required for this team?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I've beaten Shinryu and NED now, so it's just Omega left.Thanks for all the tips, chicken dance is probably my safest bet for damage. I have plenty of ribbons/tiaras/dresses/aegis shields for all. I couldn't get the genji helm but I do have the armour that I think also protects against confusion.

Edit: I've had to rely on katana and barehanded crits to damage Omega before with my samurai/monk/thief/white team. It was rough going.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

derra posted:

Yeah, Chicken Knife Sword Dances are going to be your offense.

Dancer is secretly one of the better Omega classes. Put Equip Ribbons on everyone. Usually I do Dancer kills in the mid-40's, but I have a lot of practice. BRING 50+ ELIXIRS and Phoenix Downs (I grind them in the Ronka Ruins void part on the level checkers in the room with a ton of elevators, but wherever works). Come into the fight with Float (Tempting Tango Poison eagles and restore their MP to have them cast float on you).

Equipment should be-
Dancer w/Equip Katana
Chicken Knife
Ribbon
Rainbow Dress
Hermes Sandals

Samuraix2 w/Equip Ribbon
Masamune / Whatever
Aegis Shield
Ribbon
Rainbow Dress
Hermes Sandals

Summoner w/Equip Ribbon
Whatever (Actually, a Wonder Wand queued to Shell for the Dancer would be excellent)
Ribbon
Rainbow Dress
Hermes Sandals

You need to !Dance immediately after Wave Cannons, then elixir everyone up. The missile counters do 50 %current HP damage, and your party is immune to Confuse with this setup (note, it's actually the Rainbow Dresses, not the Ribbons, that block confuse), so you're safe from them (and praying that your Dancer doesn't get Encircled). Everyone else is on elixir duty.

...I think Sword Dances can crit. Depending on how much damage your Sword Dances are doing, a Murakumo *might* be a better choice.

Thanks very much for this, I just managed it at level 47 (with copious save stating to avoid encircle counters) using a similar set up to this. I put !dance, murakumo and genji armour on one of my samurai to test critical sword dance. It did ~1800 damage without crit, it only ever critted once for me but the critical did 9999 damage . Chicken dance did roughly 4400. So chicken dance is the more reliable method but yeah a critical murakumo dance hits max damage.

Serene Dragon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 23, 2017

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

I believe Summoner is rods and staves, so you could grind a Power Staff, too. Just quicker to cycle a Wonder Rod, though.
Summoner can only equip knives and rods, so it's wonder rod only for them.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I'm on my 4th run and once again looking for some more advice on taking down Omega. I have blue/mystic/red/dancer, which has been a very awesome run so far. I know I have a great offense in thundaga chicken knife sword dances so I can take him legit and my current plan is similar to the successful set-up from last run I had dancer (equip ribbons and red dresses on everyone to stop confuse from counters) except this time I have better damage so I can take him out much faster and with fewer counters.

I am mostly just wondering if blue mage has anything in its arsenal other than mighty guard (shell and float is awesome) that is any good against Omega?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

derra posted:

White Wind

Guess I had that one coming, but other than mighty guard and white wind, are there any blue magic tricks that work on Omega? Though he is heavy and has a poo poo-ton of magic evade, so I suppose not.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Other than Thousand Needles, not really. I personally wouldn't bother with your team, because you have no lockdown and no guaranteed damage outside of landing fifty-six Thousand Needles casts. (Sword Dance is auto-hit, but gently caress me I would not want to deal with an active and angry Omega trying to land five of them)

I beat him on my second run with samurai, samurai, dancer, summoner so this is actually going to be a breeze compared to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Linoge posted:

Hello Goons,

It's that time of year again where I ask for help Triple Crowning in my Fiesta run.

This year my team is Samurai, White Mage, Geomancer, and Monk (it's a Pure Chaos run).

So I'm pretty sure I've got Shinryu down with Berserk + Blink (the trick will be getting the blinks off before getting murdered by a berserked superboss, but we'll see), but I'm worried about Omega. My research says the Gaia Bell will actually do damage to him (please correct me now if I'm wrong), but barring that I'm hoping a !Focus'ed Chicken Knife will break through his defense. But I'm wondering about shutting down his offense. Am I going to need to power-level to an absurd level to be able to soak his damage, or is the power of White Mage enough that I can soak what he throws at me? If I have to grind, it'll be in real time, so I'm hoping to avoid it.

Any tips you can offer for either of these bosses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I triple crowned with a very similar team (samurai, white mage, thief and monk) but only because I was on emulator. I needed to abuse save states as he has moves that will just flat out kill you if used and they will be used in what is a very long drawn out battle.

I was level 58 and it was rough going even when using save states to change his algorithm up. Your only sources of damage are bare-handed or katana crits. I berserked my monk and my samurai to pump up damage output, but you just miss all the time. I can't even imagine what level you'd have to be to do that legit without save states.

• Locked thread