Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This movie looks fine but the but in the trailer where the chick tells WW what her job is and WW is like "where I come from we call that slavery" is pretty dumb. Secretaries get paid.

Also it's going to be funny watching SU avatar people on Twitter have to reconcile Gal Godot being pro-IDF with her also being the first big female superhero.

fadam fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Snrrk, I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

It's not as hosed up as having the same rib make two different xylophone sounds but its close.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Yeah left wing people have never had to deal with potential or actual first women x being right wing. Plus Israel has never used women in the past to soften the image of the IDF so this'll be a totally new scenario.

Yeah, it's definitely not a big deal that the first big female superhero to get her own movie supports apartheid.

People got mad at Jeremy Renner for making bad jokes because he's "supposed to be a role model" lmao

fadam fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 20, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is this revisionist "BvS was good, actually" history new or what

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Truth be told, I rather read about these weird comparisons because they can at least be funny with the effort put into them than having sociopaths saying DC's cinematic universe was saved because Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide. Those people can go gently caress right off.

Who is actually saying this lmao?

Zack Snyder is a bad director and every DC movie to date has been poo poo from my rear end but I've yet to see anyone psycho enough to be happy that Snyder has to take time off because his daughter committed suicide.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, that's lovely. I stand corrected.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I thought the movie was kind of bland but the flashback to Ares after he gets shot with lightning and he's swoled out but has the same stupid moustache was very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Chapo Traphouse Crew did a review/critique of WW that I thought was really good. I agree with most of it, but their point about why Jenkins had to set it in WWI was particularly interesting. Worth a listen if you have an hour or so to spare.

• Locked thread