Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

How come BvS and Suicide Squad were allowed to be marketed into over-exposed turds that inundated viewers with plot points but Wonder Woman's campaign shows a modicum of trailer restraint?

Don't say WB learned anything, that can't be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Darth Brooks posted:

That's the flaw. Zod was a better soldier than Clark could ever be. But because Zod was programed from birth for that role and only that role, he's better than Clark in one way. Clark has other potential strengths to draw on so that as a complete whole he's stronger, more capable than Zod.

It would help if he is put in a similar situation again and goes "No, I've learned from my mistakes. Here's a solution" and it needs to be something that neither the audience or the villain expected.

The first time I saw MoS I thought that Kryptonian ships simulating their atmosphere and keeping Zod & Co. unwittingly depowered was going to come back as a sort-of Phantom Zone at the end, with Superman cramming Zod into a Kryptonian pod and planting it on the moon or something. Let Michael Shannon wither as a holographic Russell Crowe won't ever leave him alone.

In WW news, only three more days! I am always appreciative of blockbuster premieres that let me see them on a Thursday at 7:00pm. :woop:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Reactions all over the place...

I would've minded the CGI-fest more had the Ares 'twist' been handled poorly. I am all about Ares as a would-be agent of peace who lets the humans around him stumble into war. Remember how he kept getting interrupted in an earlier meeting of generals? That was a great touch.

Also, would have been annoyed at Steve's last words being spelled out like they were, except they give his death a different context to Diana as sacrifice made in the name of love. If he'd died as a matter of random chance/cruelty, that'd be a heartbreaker, but as an act of heroism? Okay, time to fight the good fight and break out of the metal box of BDSM.

Did the sniper ever shoot anyone? Cool if he didn't, more parties could use a bard.

I remember some wisecracks earlier in this thread about the movie treating World War I with too light a hand. Talk about selective viewing! This movie took on PTSD, wounded veterans (notice the outgoing soldiers are singing rally songs, but the returning are barely comprehensible), cruelties of war, bombing of civilian targets... It may not have shown literal mounds of bodies, but it didn't cover up what a massive tragedy the whole conflict was, either. Horses getting unnecessarily whipped and everything!

Oh hey, a Native (Canadian) actor/character who doesn't die upon introduction. Take that, Suicide Squad!

I would love if Wonder Woman 2 covers World War 2, with Diana fighting the rest of the Gods as they've all taken bets on the war and want it to play out.

The kids at my local theater were impressed with the movie and would react out loud to action scenes and Dr. Poison's mask. That's an upcoming generation of moviegoers who will expect more inspirational leading super-ladies woop woop!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

WW ducks behind it after a moment.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Let Michael Scott choreograph shootouts.
"I brought a gun. Blam! You're dead."

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

But the level of betrayal I felt when there was no bondage in Wonder Woman tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. It tore away my ability to respect anything, and it tore away my ability to feel human.

I get this is a joke, but Ares did wrap her in a metal sheet she had trouble escaping.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Okay it passes the Bechdel Test, but on a scale of 1-5, did it just technically pass or totally ace the test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Diana Prince and Sarah Conner both have problems with recurring time travelers loving up history.

• Locked thread