Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Steve Rogers got close enough to punch Hitler but didn't manage to actually kill him, despite being 'stronger than any human' ie. he has the punch of Mike Tyson at his prime, with an armoured glove. This stuff just can't touch 'real world' events at all. Dr. Doom cried about 9/11 and it was the silliest thing ever committed to paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Patty Jenkins directed the film, is credited as director and as such it is safe to assume she directed the action scenes.

Powerfully interesting that no one was accusing David Ayer of not directing parts of Suicide Squad.

This is a hosed up post TBH. To say something "is not her area of expertise" feels like an attempt to discredit Jenkins' role, giving the credit to a man. Besides, she's 2 films in, what the gently caress do we know about her "area of expertise"?

well why not fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 12, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If anything it's a credit to how close she can get to Snyder's action sequences.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Directors direct everyone, including the second unit directors. They're still responsible for everything filmed, ultimately.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'ts not 'common knowledge' because you're wrong.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

loving lol.

hate it or love it, the guy is almost peerless at action directing. Movies would look very different if it wasn't for 300, Watchmen, Suckerpunch etc.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I thought the slowmo backflips were cool, but there's maybe one or two too many.

I also think that CGI jumping has to go in general, with the Captain America movies being the worst offenders of this by far. The running leap that suddenly launches someone 20 metres (via digitally-erased wires) just never works for me. It's always floaty and odd looking.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if Diana ended up leading the JL in this iteration. Superman and Batman are dead / unreliable / have secret identities to protect but Diana can just be baller constantly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

404notfound posted:

The movie almost doesn't even pass the Bechdel test, once we get out of Themyscira.

Sorry to quote back a couple of pages, but this is a perfect example of 'moving the goalposts'.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

heaven forbid people analyse films in a film forum

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hope the sequel is just a remake of Allied except with more people being kicked out windows.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I mean...I admit, I don't really know what people actually do when they discover priceless historical relics, but I'm like ~40% sure they don't shoot them with bullets and try to chop rocks with them. :v:

Funny that this is exactly what happens in The Mummy (2017)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kurzon posted:

Funny niggles I have with the movie

* Did Steve and Diana sail all the way from the Aegean Sea to London in that little Amazon sailboat? Wouldn't it have made more sense to land in British-controlled Egypt and take a steamer to London?

It's a movie about Zeus' daughter kicking Stormtroopers out of towers, I think we can excuse some questionable geography.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

verisimilitude is inappropriate in works of fantasy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

'one shot scenes' are quickly catching up to 'cast a wrestler' as the internet's favourite things to demand from film makers.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

HHH stars in Birdman, with effects by Harryhausen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hope he picks it up and just goes trident akimbo

• Locked thread