Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I am going to be disappointed if Wonder Woman doesn't fight any of those rolling death wheel things from the old Justice League cartoon episodes where she fights in WWI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I have never seen the cartoon and now I want someone to post an example of this.

It didn't look as cool as the various iterations of it in the comics, but it was a crossover with the Blackhawks and they were fighting a bunch of War Wheels.

Here's one panel from one of the more "epic" battles from the comics where several wheels were defending a massive base.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Unkempt posted:

This is, of course, WW2, not 1.

Also, holy poo poo that 'chinese' guy.

That particular cover is, but I couldn't find a good image of the first appearance of the thing online.

It's all screwed up because the "wheel" was a recurring machine that does go back to WWI (someone rebuilds it/adds to it/makes a bunch of them or something) in the comics.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
People that have seen the movie: Are there any actual devices/machines/mythical beasts in the regular army battles that Wonder Woman has to stop that said army dudes can't handle or does she just effortlessly destroy everything up until facing off against Ares?

Wonder Woman smiling while she fought Doomsday in BvS was great and if some similar thing doesn't happen at some point I'm going to be disappointed.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
gently caress off with the christianity in a movie about the Greek/Roman pantheon.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was watching BvS: UE some more and I noticed during the Doomsday fight scene there's a part where Diana gets punched and she goes sliding along the ground and loses her shield and sword. She picks herself up and before she grabs her equipment she looks at Doomsday and has a smirking smile on her face. Almost like "Finally!" Was this something new for the Ultimate Edition or was it in the theatrical cut? A I thought it was an interesting was of enforcing the notion of her being trained as a warrior her entire life.

That smirking smile in the context of that fight was basically what sold me on the character being in movies. It's just perfect.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I'm sorry, I think you meant to post the time that Robocop showed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcLlxXqKCRE

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ungulateman posted:

There's a blog post from one of my tumblr friends that I think is relevant here:

http://prequelsredeemed.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/what-would-wonder-woman-do.html

Nothing posted on Tumblr is ever relevant anywhere.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yeah, no, the way the battle at the end poo poo the bed with Wonder Woman effortlessly flying around while soldiers hit the dirt while covered in clouds of fire (nowhere near as cool looking as that description is) kills the whole idea of it being a Best Picture winner.

Also that loving mustache on Ares was impossible to take seriously.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Yeah, the mustache was nowhere near as bad as that awful narration Ares was doing when Wonder Woman was gliding around smashing everything.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Drifter posted:

Just probably rarer than the norm to have legs this long, especially for a comic book movie.

*Joke about how long Wonder Woman's actual legs are*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
What are the odds that "The One True Wonder Woman"/Diana's Black Sister/Nubia/Nu'Bia gets resurrected and brought into the movies if Black Panther does well in box offices?

Because she was a badass character in the comics and destroying her in Crisis on Infinite Earths was dumb.

• Locked thread