Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Optimistic and looking forward to it. I support casting and hopeful for a good story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

I wonder how they'll fit her name into the movie. My guess would be war propaganda in the vein of Captain America that somehow sticks, but I'd also be OK with no one in this or any movie to come ever utters the phrase "Wonder Woman".

Diana Prince is gonna have a press conference where she'll first deny it then see Tony Stark in the audience wink and she'll go "I am Wonder Woman." And then Tony will smirk at Bruce and head out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think May 31st is when it lifts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Its good but not holy poo poo good but quite good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RedSpider posted:

There is simply no way this film deserves a 97% RT score. Something is fishy.

Why?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That was not good, yo.

Please save DC, Snyder (after your family gets well due to the death. :( )

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think she followed what she assumed was a good person who provided the only frame of reference to what was going on and his own value proved uimself versus everything else. If German Von German said "Yah we is going to gas za world." The Amazons would be "Uuuuhhh."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
A WWI Wonder Woman is fine but my wish is WW 2 is a Diana of War romp through Greek Mythology where she faces monsters of legend and slays them.

I'm also fairly certain at some point, 2023, we will get DC vs Marvel with a 60 year old RDJ staring down Ben Affleck over drunkenly trying to seduce Diana while Black Panther shakes his head.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 23, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mr. Apollo posted:

Steve even has a line saying something like "yeah it's a real baby, not one made out of clay"
She specifically mentions that twice. Once when she's telling Steve they need to help the villagers when they're in the trench. She says something like "They've enslaved the village; women, children..." and at the end when she has decided that humanity does not deserve her help. She says something like "They're killing people they can't even see. Woman, children...children Steve!" In both cases she really emphasizes the word children.
I don't know if this is a bad opinion but that's one of things I really liked about her character. They allowed to her to be an absolute bad rear end while still being very feminine and no one ever made any of the typical jokes about her leading the way. Her abilities were recognized and all the guys quickly realized that they could best help by acting as support for her.

She was able to be a woman without having to act super macho. Same thing with Steve, his masculinity was never joked about or teased just because he followed her. They're both allowed to just be without resorting to tropes for their characters.

Said it better than I could. There doesn't need to be a woman acting or behaving like a Bond/Hardcore masculine man to be amazing or progressive or badass or whatever. That completely misses a mark. From the previews it's like Atomic Blonde vs Wonder Woman's genuine heartfelt compassion yet courage to step forward and lead by example.

And good point on Steve. This is one thing I did appreciate about Wonder Woman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

lol, yeah right. It's a literal skin tight bodysuit. And every other man in superhero movies have the same thing going on. Have you seen Chris Pratt, or Hugh Jackman, keep their clothes on for an entire movie?

I'm not saying the ladies aren't objectified, but you're dumb as hell if you think the men aren't too.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MrJacobs posted:

Hopefully they continue the trend if for no other reason than to prove hollywood right or wrong about women starring in supposed blockbusters (though Cutthroat Island probably had a lot to do with that standard of avoiding it). I'm honestly curious how much "First female solo superhero movie (that people know and care about) since the SH movie renaissance" contributed to the overrall box office, since that was a big reason several people I know went to see it.

Hopefully the new Charlize Theron movie Atomic Blonde does well, it looks loving sweet.

Atomic Blonde does look sweet.

Speaking of JL, Bruce over compensates and goes to get a family of his own.

• Locked thread