Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

dont even fink about it posted:

Anyway, this movie was serviceable, not great, not awful, and not memorable. It also seemed to drag interminably in the middle and the ending was underwhelming. It is the epic drama of watching a woman learn that humans are actually responsible for their own decisions.
I thought the entire loving point of the movie was that it's not about what humans are responsible for, it's about what she believes. Like don't they literally say that twice or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

spacetoaster posted:

Didn't WW say in BvS that she abandoned mankind? I guess she lied.
Maybe she's fighting the Soviets to protect wildlife.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Hey I know how to stop all this arguing, I'll leak a rumor that the next Wonder Woman is set during the Yom Kippur War and Gal Gadot plays two roles, one as Wonder Woman and another as an Israeli woman, and at multiple points in the movie Gadot as the Israeli woman turns to the camera and delivers a monologue about how Israel is the greatest nation on Earth and how it has done nothing wrong, and while she speaks she morphs into Wonder Woman and in the background American and Israeli flags are waving. Then this thread can stop being so political!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Jesus this is giving me so many flashbacks to that lovely movie. Wonder Woman was supposed to cleanse my mind of those terrible memories, not bring them flooding back!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Whoa sorry I didn't realize exaggeration was verboten in this thread, please return to talking about the six trillion people Stalin murdered with his bare hands.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I think Chief Napi is holding his rifle.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Since WW and Etta are best friends in the comics, I wonder how they'll handle Etta in the sequel. Assuming it's set in modern-ish times she'd be like 90+ years old. I wonder if we'll get Etta's granddaughter working with WW or maybe they'll just disregard that aspect of her.
It turns out Etta is also a demigod.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
To give Cameron a little more credit, his point isn't that it's better to have women who are warriors with troubled pasts rather than women who are warriors and also basically perfect. His point is that men get to be complex, troubled heroes with interesting character flaws, men don't always have to be gorgeous objectified sex objects when they're action heroes, etc., and it would be better if women were like that too (which is what Connor and Ripley are like). He's wrong because there are plenty of cheesecake men like Wonder Woman, so there's nothing wrong with having women like Wonder Women, but he's not as bad as someone who thinks that for a woman to be an action hero she's gotta be hosed up somehow, which is definitely a thing some people think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Are Wonder Woman and Justice League the first major films where Gadot's character isn't "sexy Jewish lady/Mossad agent"? In the Fast and the Furious movies and Date Night it's specifically pointed out that she is Israeli and is/was with Mossad. In Keeping Up with the Joneses she says she's Israeli and it's heavily implied she's a Mossad agent. In Triple 9 she's a Russian-Jew. I haven't seen Criminal or Knight and Day (lol at her and Cruise sharing a scene together. I imagine it'd be all close ups or them sitting) so I don't know what her character is there.

Yes she has an accent but surely there's another character she can play.
No, Batman vs. Superman was earlier and she wasn't a sexy Jewish Mossad agent in that.

• Locked thread