Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I'm sure WW will be fine but there's something about a superhero fighting in a real life war that just seems dumb to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Toady posted:

Tell us more about that 10 year ordeal of being forced to hear from Sonic The Hedgehog You May Have Heard Of It fans.

lol

allow me to draw a parallel between this upcoming Wonder Woman movie and Sonic the Hedgehog fandom

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Wonder Woman will be written off as another generic comic book film and compared to the Avengers in how it treats nonsuper human suffering as side-dressing (in what at the time was seen as the end of the world as we know it) to tell an ultimately unimportant and rather silly story with a largely a-historical context. (Spoiler: World War 1 actually happened because Ares tricked everyone! The bad CG and utterly unimaginative climax ending with a totally unearned villain will render the film largely a failure, and the overinvestment into multimillion dollar manufactured corporate blockbuster centered around a children's cartoon character as some sort of point for feminist struggle will lie alongside the Ghostbusters reboot as yet another failed attempt to capitalize on the social movements of the now.

You are a cynical little shithead

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Oh wow, I guess this means WW will be forgotten the second one leaves the theater.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Putting these Super Heroes in real life historical wars really underlines how hokey all this stuff is.

This whole movie was cheesy as gently caress. Not an inherently bad thing if that's your thing.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Is Wonder Woman not bullet proof?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

I mean I dunno I don't usually interrogate people about why they don't like a thing, but it's probably a lot of this v v v v v v

So why bring it up in the first place

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It might be difficult to portray Supermans raw power with practical effects.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's OK Superman. Your solo outing is still the better movie.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Wonder Woman tapped into the elusive Marvel crowd AKA dullards.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Wonder Woman is no less real than God.

Religion is a sham. A real opiate for the masses if you will.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The discussion isn't whether or not women like Wonder Woman. It's about whether or not Wonder Woman is a "step forward," especially when it's so difficult to define what makes her a progressive figure. Just see how little people refer to the actual movie when talking about what a "step forward" it is and instead quote tweets about children playing or talk about marketing and employment.

Little girls showing appreciation for a female superhero on the Big Screen is a step forward.

Sorry, I know being a bitter cynical misanthrope is sorta your thing and an idea like that probably throws you into a tissy but it's noteworthy.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Oh god a loving tweet containing some anecdotes about the positive effects of Wonder Woman?!?! This travesty can't go unchallenged! It didn't happen! It doesn't matter! Those little girls don't know what they're talking about! I, the fat virginal nerd will show them the light!

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Unfortunately, it also isn't what happens in the film.

Have you ever had an original thought in your head Schwarzwald?

• Locked thread