Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Even if this movie doesn't outright suck, you know Justice League will. DC continues to be a dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

There is simply no way this film deserves a 97% RT score. Something is fishy.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Drifter posted:

"It's her time."

I can remember another woman recently who tried to campaign with basically that slogan.

Does the villain grab Wonder Woman by the pussy as well?

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Wonder Woman is an average superhero movie, and it is hilarious how it has a 94% RT score. The dialogue was mediocre, the villains were stock villains (holy poo poo), and it had a traditional Snyder-esque CGI third act. It's better than anything DC put out so far, but it is NOT a masterpiece like so many critics are proclaiming it is. This is no Logan or The Dark Knight. Maybe they're afraid to be called sexist or something, who knows—which is a shame, because now they're probably not going to take genuinely good criticisms into account when making the next one.

5/10

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Megasabin posted:

Aren't you the the dude who just posted a page ago before you even saw the movie, whining about how there's no way the movie justified it's RT score, and suggesting it was a conspiracy?

I'm sure you walked into the movie with no bias at all, and your opinion is well thought out and valuable. We can all pray that the stuido listens to good insightful criticism like "dialogue was mediocre." "the villains were stock villains".

:lol:

It's cute that you think this film is a masterpiece. And please, explain how the antagonists in here were anything but mustasche-twirling stock villains so we can all laugh at you.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Wonder Woman is the best DCEU super hero movie to date.

Corrected a typo for you.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I like how Wonder Woman's uniform makes her look like a stripper. It's the only good and memorable thing about the film.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I agree with everything James Cameron said about WW, and I usually think he's just an arrogant rear end in a top hat.

Also, this tweet speaks volumes about Patty Jenkins' insecurity:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/900917648015405062

Just :lol:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

You judging somoene's public defence of their film against a public criticism as insecurity also speaks volumes.

Oh boohoo. She's trying to build publicity off of Cameron's name, you twat. It's the worst form of virtue signaling. And Sarah Connor — in both Terminator films — was a much better female character in every aspect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

She's trying to build publicity by responding to the public criticism that another public figure made?

Yes. She would have never responded like that to somebody other than a household name like James Cameron for publicity reasons. Sure you know that controversy sells, dummy.

Snowman_McK posted:

Virtue Signaling is a stupid term in pretty much all contexts, but I don't think that's even what it means when used by people who think it means something.

This is already trending on twitter. There's plenty of verified accounts virtue signaling themselves by trashing Cameron (comparing him to a sexist like Trump!) over an honest assessment of an incredibly cliched film.

RedSpider fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 25, 2017

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

Do you think it's just possible that the director of a film might want to actually defend her work against a criticism she felt was unfair? Or does your own lack of sincerity prevent you from seeing that as a possibility?

No, I think she's trying to improve her stature in Hollywood (virtue signaling) by publicly going after somebody like Cameron — who's a better filmmaker — with claims of sexism. She even shamelessly promoted her other film Monster Ball in her statement FFS.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

She didn't actually claim he was sexist. She said he had an understanding of female characters limited by his gender. Briefly examining his films, she may be onto something, or may not be, that could be an actual discussion if you were capable of thinking anyone was sincere.

Since when can't men criticize female characters, you dumb twat? Especially someone like Cameron, who's written plenty of stronger female characters than WW?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

You still haven't told me what you think his motivation was, despite being very confident about hers.

Cameron correctly stated how WW sexually objectifies women. It's a regressive film. Maybe he was merely suggesting that future female 'superheroes' should be more than surface-level eye candy in the future? (like Sarah Connor)

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Steve2911 posted:

I personally get all my feminist theory from old, wealthy white men.

Then I feel sorry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Snowman_McK posted:

While congratulating himself on Sarah Connor. Which is sort of problematic in its own right, considering how much Hamilton herself brought to that role.

Yeah I'm sure Cameron's writing and direction of the character wasn't a significant factor here :thunk:

• Locked thread