Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wonder if she's ever going to actually hit anyone with her sword or if she's going to do the Masters of the Universe 1987 thing where she swings it around in every battle but never draws blood, because that poo poo is ridiculous.

All the action scenes should be like when the Gods fight in Immortals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time traveling Barry Allen loving the timeline some more.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I understand why the did it but man oh man was I disappointed (ending spoiler) to see that you get to hear the last conversation between Diana and Steve. That first time it happens and she's still deaf from the blast while he desperately tries to say his goodbye was perfect. You didn't need to hear a single word to know exactly what he was saying. It was such a heartbreak moment where the severity of the situation doesn't give them the chance to have a proper goodbye but it's war and sometimes you don't even get a chance to say goodbye. Then you flashback to it and he's saying exactly what I thought he was saying!

Having said that, I loving loved this movie. It was definitely better than the previous DC films and even though it loses some points on not really sinking into how loving terrible WW1 was, the movie was just fun to watch. Gal Gadot was just great as the fish out of water Diana AND loving badass as Wonder Woman even though they were forced to do the obvious "I have a sword but I can't chop people in half because of the rating so let's shield bash the gently caress out of everyone"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I didn't make mention of it earlier but her fights with the lasso were loving gorgeous.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

I thought she crashed into the gravity thing with the army guy

She could probably survive that explosion. Still got sucked into the phantom zone, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The way I took it is that she was capable of being hurt by bullets and poo poo up until she "awoke" the God half of her after Trevor died. Which is why the immediate combat after that where she basically clowns the German troops in slow-mo in a not-so-bloody-ripoff from Immortals is so different from No Man's Land. She's much much powerful at that point and now (after beating Ares) she's as powerful as she can be (or maybe she gets another boost in the sequel if its set in the past).

• Locked thread