Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

loving lollll

"Patty Jenkins is just responding to one of the most influential directors in modern times criticism of her film for publicity reasons. James Cameron is randomly commenting on a three month old movie because ??????? Also I don't quite understand cause and effect, will one of you dumb twats explain it to me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

OH apparently he was asked in an interview about it, that makes sense. Still weird to blame Jenkins for responding to a high profile criticism.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

She's got Diana beat there.

On the topic of Suicide Squad, everything I've read says it was nominated and won for Best Makeup and Hairstyling. There's no mention of a second Oscar.

My assumption was whoever made that comment thought they were separate awards

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Maybe you should go to a feminism thread and ask them yourself why women are so excited about this apparently redundant 'superhero', SMG.

Uhhh don't all the SA feminism threads keep getting shut down because dudes make it all about them and drive out all the women posters lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yes she has an accent but surely there's another character she can play.

Not that I disagree with her previous typecasting being bad, but it seems odd to complain about at this point. Like now she is Wonder Woman and in one of the most successful films of the year, I think she has successfully broken out of the typecasting (she will still be a sexy "exotic" lady forever tho probably)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Oh right I forgot about that. Duh.
I didn't mean it as a complaint. I just thought it was almost funny how she was typecast in such a specific role. And yes, it's great to see that she's hopefully broken out of that.

Oh fair enough, and I agree with the line I quoted, it was just phrased more like a current problem than an observation.

• Locked thread