Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

gohmak posted:

[quote="teagone" post="475803299"]
But Red Sonja is white. Isn't that problematic?

[edit]

Indeed.

Just wanted to make sure poo poo was consistent :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Which comic? WW's had a fair few contradictory origin stories, I thought being sculpted from clay was the original one, I heard being strongly implied to be a child by rape from Hercules was more recent.

Hippolyta raped by Hercules is Grant Morrison's retcon of WW's origin in Wonder Woman: Earth One (2016). WW's origin in The New 52 (2011), which the 2017 DCEU film borrows from, is where she's the child of Hippolyta and Zeus. In The New 52, Hippolyta keeps this a secret from Diana, telling her that she was sculpted from clay instead. As BrianWilly said, Diana being legit sculpted from clay is her origin that lasted for a good long while. I've recommended George Pérez's 'Gods and Mortals' to anyone wanting to see/read Diana's OG origin story, and then watching the 2009 animated film after because it's one of the best DC animated films :)

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 3, 2017

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/loveforgal/status/906521892302897152

:allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol so basically every blooper clip she's in

Chris Pine's nickname for Gal was Giggle Gadot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Really great short video essay on Wonder Woman's theme/score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXVY9bDtVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

'Wonder Woman' Wraps Up With $411M Domestic, $819M Worldwide box office. Amazing run. I imagine the hype train for the sequel is gonna be huge and push Wonder Woman into the billion dollar box office.

• Locked thread