Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm fully aware that this is going to make me sound like a whiny rear end in a top hat, but I'mr really not looking forward to re-litigating the "how terrible is BvS" issue once Wonder Woman comes out and is much more everyone's bag.

Like it's going to take all of my willpower not to respond to everyone on the internet saying "finally, a good DCEU movie" with "i'm sorry you have bad taste".

I'm sorry you have bad taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

His only bad taste is in the people who think BvS is a bad movie that he allows around him.

So do you live in an isolation tank or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jutsuka posted:

gently caress off Lurdiak.

:tipshat: Ok.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

God of War is not an rpg.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

teagone posted:

This is part of a triptych that I really want hanging on my home theater wall now.

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/867033135455797249

I really don't get what they're going for with Wonder Woman looking off to the side while the other two look towards the camera.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's beginning to sound more and more like this whole "this is the good DC movie" thing is just a lie perpetuated by Wonder Woman fans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Also lol if the fans like a movie then it must secretly be bad.

There's this video game series called Sonic the Hedgehog. You may have heard of it. For 10 years, after Sonic went 3D, I had to hear about how the latest Sonic was "the good one". They got it right this time, guys! And then I'd play it, and it's still be really lovely. Because the people saying it was good just wanted it to be good because they like Sonic as a character and franchise, and his individual games' actual quality was completely secondary to their loyalty to Sonic.

People insisted Batman v Superman "got it right" for a while, until it became clear it was just as stupid and terrible as Man of Steel. Because they wanted the DCEU to be good. Now we've got this Wonder Woman movie that's got a ton of positive buzz, but everything we've been shown so far is dull and lovely and blue. I'm desperately looking for a sign that this movie has anything fun or exciting in it, and all I've got to go on is vague buzz that sounds awfully like people who just either desperately want a DC movie to be popular or are just so happy to finally have a movie starring a female superhero that isn't played by Halle Berry.

The only reason I'm even posting in here is because I thought, hey, this one might be good, critics don't seem to utterly despise it like they did BvS and Suicide Squad. I'd like it if DC stopped making bad movies, I enjoy good movies, and it's a bonus if the good movies are adapted from material I like, like some of DC's comics. But if there's good stuff in this movie, it hasn't been in any of the trailers or leaked footage or promotional material.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

Anyone who says MoS was stupid and terrible doesn't deserved to be responded to. :colbert:
We should all stop talking to Lurdiak.

You must lead a very lonely life if this is the code you live by.

Jimbot posted:

Truth be told, I rather read about these weird comparisons because they can at least be funny with the effort put into them than having sociopaths saying DC's cinematic universe was saved because Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide. Those people can go gently caress right off.

For the record I would never say anything that gross.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

fadam posted:

Who is actually saying this lmao?

Zack Snyder is a bad director and every DC movie to date has been poo poo from my rear end but I've yet to see anyone psycho enough to be happy that Snyder has to take time off because his daughter committed suicide.

This is an actual gainfully employed comic book artist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

So we have to wait for the movie after Justice League to see if the DC movies are bad?

The movie's basically done. This isn't an Eyes Wide Shut situation, it'll probably be 99% Snyder and 1% Whedon in the final product.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Avengers gets away with its mostly weak action climax by building up the characters and making the audience like the way they play off each other. Then amidst the ugly chaos they throw in a couple more character beats that are expressed via the action, which are the parts you remember when you leave the theater, not so much the hundreds of generic bug-men getting hit in the face. It lampshades its bad CG action with strong characters, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

• Locked thread