Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkXgnqtH7tY

Buford T. Justice orders a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr. Pepper. I know what Dr. Pepper is, but I don't know what a Diablo Sandwich is. If I had to guess I would think pulled pork smothered in hot sauce and fried onions in a roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I think if someone has a Blu-Ray, they could get a pretty good pic of the Diablo Sandwich.

I never noticed that Bandit wipes the sauce off the Sherrif's uniform using Dr. Pepper. :lol:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Takes 20 minutes and 3 glasses of water to eat? :shrug:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

The diablo sandwich ordered by Sheriff Justice in the Arkansas barbecue restaurant scene has entered popular culture as a minor reference to the film. While no authoritative source identifies the composition of the sandwich, there are several possibilities. A segment of the CMT program Reel Eats used a sloppy joe-style recipe consisting of seasoned ground beef, corn and sour cream.[24] Another proposal, based more closely on images from the film and the shooting location of the scene (at an Old Hickory House restaurant in Georgia), is pulled pork and hot sauce on a hamburger bun.[25]

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
This thread is making me HUNGRY

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
can we just talk for a minute how great Jackie Gleason is in those movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY13jS9X9Lk

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

sumbitch

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a sandwich consisting of mixed ground beef, corn and sour cream. yeah, i can see why they'd call that a diablo sandwich. after all, it was obviously invented by the devil.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

VikingSkull posted:

Hah he is orders of magnitude more badass and a seasoned vet than greasy-swinging-dick-in-a-hat Burt Reynolds.

Anyhow it must be this with the cayenne cranked: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/slow-cooker-georgia-pulled-pork-barbeque-recipe-2078315

fire up the smoker bitches.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VikingSkull posted:

"The fact you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation"

"The god damned Germans got nothin to do with this!

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
Soon as I get home, I'm gonna punch yo momma in the mouth, op.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The third movie was supposed to have Jackie Gleason play both Buford T. Justice and The Bandit, but test audiences were confused and they reshot all the Bandit scenes with Jerry Reed

Test audiences are loving stupid because I'd gladly pay money to see a movie where Gleason played multiple characters.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Egbert Souse posted:

The third movie was supposed to have Jackie Gleason play both Buford T. Justice and The Bandit, but test audiences were confused and they reshot all the Bandit scenes with Jerry Reed

Test audiences are loving stupid because I'd gladly pay money to see a movie where Gleason played multiple characters.

maybe they were confused by how entertaining it was because it should've been great and wasn't.

edit: GREAT!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Holy poo poo I've wondered this my whole life

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Egbert Souse posted:

Two things about this is that apparently the Buford version of the film is/was a nearly-completel film before the reshoots but outside of the test screening audiences there have been no releases of that version. I'm sort of shocked that someone at the studio hasn't released it despite how bad it might have been just for the novelty's sake of it as part of a completionist's box set edition. (Sort of like how I think there was another Porky's film made about 10 years ago that only got some random airings on PPV and Premium Cable but has never been released to theaters or home video since.)

The other thing is that the broadcast/basic cable TV EDITS of the film featured more footage of Burt Reynolds than the original theatrical, premium cable or home video releases. I mean, if you've got that in a movie like that, it seems like you'd use as absolutely as much of it as you could in the final product and not just filler to make up an even 2-hour run with commercials.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

Two things about this is that apparently the Buford version of the film is/was a nearly-completel film before the reshoots but outside of the test screening audiences there have been no releases of that version. I'm sort of shocked that someone at the studio hasn't released it despite how bad it might have been just for the novelty's sake of it as part of a completionist's box set edition. (Sort of like how I think there was another Porky's film made about 10 years ago that only got some random airings on PPV and Premium Cable but has never been released to theaters or home video since.)

The other thing is that the broadcast/basic cable TV EDITS of the film featured more footage of Burt Reynolds than the original theatrical, premium cable or home video releases. I mean, if you've got that in a movie like that, it seems like you'd use as absolutely as much of it as you could in the final product and not just filler to make up an even 2-hour run with commercials.

Yeah, that's kinda weird that somehow someone didn't think to throw out the 'Smokey Is the Bandit' cut of the third one simply to score some cash out of it. I doubt Gleason's estate would mind since the guy did the movie in the first place. Sure as hell would be better than the four made-for-TV movies that somehow got made back when Canadian syndication deals were everywhere.

An aside: if you ever want to be horribly depressed, check out what happened to the people who played in Porky's. Their careers really didn't go anywhere. Some of them died out in the '90s, for crying out loud. And one of them played in the pilot to the Nightmare on Elm Street TV series, 'Freddy's Nightmares.'

Edit: Yeah, the four made-for-tv movies and the first three films are still in print for less than $10. Enjoy?

https://www.amazon.com/Smokey-Bandi...okey+bandit+dvd

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 22, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
that movie where clint eastwood had an orangutan as his copilot was better

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

wait wait wait ... just to be clear:

They shot a nearly-complete movie with Gleason as both Smokey AND the Bandit? drat near had it "in the can" as they say? This possibly exists in a vault somewhere?!

H
O
L
Y

FUCKBALLLLLLLLLS

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

And here's a trailer for the Gleason-as-Bandit cut! No footage, mind you, but it makes it pretty clear what the gag is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4Ht2opvqY

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I've heard about that Smokey and the Bandit 3 version with Gleason playing both parts for years and it never stops confusing the gently caress out of me. Like, would there have been an in-movie explanation for it? Or was it just Gleason in Burt Reynolds clothes talking to himself? I wish there was at least a script so I could get some answers.

The Bandit Express is an underrated Bandit song though, even though that movie blows

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Pitch for Bandit 3:

Ol' Bandit is getting on in years, he's not the young guy he used to be back in the day, he's not as fast, etc... With the news of Buford's retirement, Bandit decides that he's got a pretty clean record since he's never actually been caught for his shenanigans (even Buford hasn't gotten a good look at him as 'the bandit') so he decides, "I'm gonna run for Sheriff, myself!" and succeeds. Now he and Snowman are Sheriff and Deputy and just are taking it easy and hassling people all in good fun, especially ol' retired Buford.

Buford flips out after they prank him one to many times and goes to confront Burt at his home when he notices the Banditmobile in the garage and realizes the new Sheriff and the Bandit are ONE IN THE EVERLOVIN' SAME! "Well, I tell you what, boy, I'm gonna take that e-vi-dence and make a citizen's seizure of it and deliver it directly to the state capitol m'self, get an official investigation going, get you ousted as Sheriff and bring you down once and for all or my name ain't Buford T. Justice! Hell, I'll even come outta retirement and run for Sheriff again just to have the pleasure of seeing your face in a jail cell every morning."

Now you've got Justice in the stolen Banditmobile and on the run as an outlaw while Burt and Snowman are in hot pursuit as cops the entire way. The punchline at the finish line is that for all the damage the Sheriff's cars get in the films, in this one has the Banditmobile be such a wrecked junker by the end that his evidence is so unrecognizable that no one believes him and are about to have him arrested for GTA, reckless driving, disobeying law enforcements, etc. That is, until ol' Bandit steps up and sweet talks all the charges brought upon Buford down to pretty much nothing on account of Buford being such an upstanding former law officer that he thinks his fellow officers should be willing to let this one slide for all his previous good behavior.

"Well, I gotta hand it to you, Buford, you finally put me to shame..."
"Don't you start..."
"No, Buford, don't sell yourself short... You finally beat me in a chase and all it took was you stealing my alleged car, and destroying it, all with the combined forces of the state police nipping at your tail the entire way to the capitol. I mean, it's a hell of a thing. Not many champions get such a momentous victory in their final race."
"I STILL want to see you in jail."
"You still can, just stop by whenever I'm at work to say hello whenever you feel like it."
"So... how am I gettin' back home? You may have noticed the form of conveyance I came in is no longer available."
"I'll give you a lift back. If you're nice, I'll even let you sit in the front. See, Buford, I'm not such a bad guy..."
"Awfully nice of you Mr. Sheriff... Say, I don't mean be a bother, but I left all my money back home and I'm feelin right parched from all this drivin'. You think you could maybe get us a couple of sodas out of yonder vending machine there for the ride home?"
"Sure thing, Buford... You destroyed a $10K car, what's another 50 cents you owe me for a Coke."
*Bandit walks off to get a Coke while Buford walks off in the background, pulls a set of keys out of his pocket, gets in the Sheriff's car and starts it up.*
"I forgot my wallet but I remembered I still had my spare set of car keys! See you back home... eventually!"
*Buford speeds off in Bandit's Sheriff's car. Bandit is shock, angry and suddenly breaks into trademark Burt laugh as Buford drives into the horizon. NOW Buford has finally bested him.*

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 22, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

JediTalentAgent posted:

Pitch for Bandit 3:

Ol' Bandit is getting on in years, he's not the young guy he used to be back in the day, he's not as fast, etc... With the news of Buford's retirement, Bandit decides that he's got a pretty clean record since he's never actually been caught for his shenanigans (even Buford hasn't gotten a good look at him as 'the bandit') so he decides, "I'm gonna run for Sheriff, myself!" and succeeds. Now he and Snowman are Sheriff and Deputy and just are taking it easy and hassling people all in good fun, especially ol' retired Buford.

Buford flips out after they prank him one to many times and goes to confront Burt at his home when he notices the Banditmobile in the garage and realizes the new Sheriff and the Bandit are ONE IN THE EVERLOVIN' SAME! "Well, I tell you what, boy, I'm gonna take that e-vi-dence and make a citizen's seizure of it and deliver it directly to the state capitol m'self, get an official investigation going, get you ousted as Sheriff and bring you down once and for all or my name ain't Buford T. Justice! Hell, I'll even come outta retirement and run for Sheriff again just to have the pleasure of seeing your face in a jail cell every morning."

Now you've got Justice in the stolen Banditmobile and on the run as an outlaw while Burt and Snowman are in hot pursuit as cops the entire way. The punchline at the finish line is that for all the damage the Sheriff's cars get in the films, in this one has the Banditmobile be such a wrecked junker by the end that his evidence is so unrecognizable that no one believes him and are about to have him arrested for GTA, reckless driving, disobeying law enforcements, etc. That is, until ol' Bandit steps up and sweet talks all the charges brought upon Buford down to pretty much nothing on account of Buford being such an upstanding former law officer that he thinks his fellow officers should be willing to let this one slide for all his previous good behavior.

"Don't you start..."
"No, Buford, don't sell yourself short... You finally beat me in a chase and all it took was you stealing my alleged car, and destroying it, all with the combined forces of the state police nipping at your tail the entire way to the capitol. I mean, it's a hell of a thing. Not many champions get such a momentous victory in their final race."
"You still can, just stop by whenever I'm at work to say hello whenever you feel like it."
"So... how am I gettin' back home? You may have noticed the form of conveyance I came in is no longer available."
"I'll give you a lift back. If you're nice, I'll even let you sit in the front. See, Buford, I'm not such a bad guy..."
"Awfully nice of you Mr. Sheriff... Say, I don't mean be a bother, but I left all my money back home and I'm feelin right parched from all this drivin'. You think you could maybe get us a couple of sodas out of yonder vending machine there for the ride home?"
"Sure thing, Buford... You destroyed a $10K car, what's another 50 cents you owe me for a Coke."
*Bandit walks off to get a Coke while Buford walks off in the background, pulls a set of keys out of his pocket, gets in the Sheriff's car and starts it up.*
"I forgot my wallet but I remembered I still had my spare set of car keys! See you back home... eventually!"
*Buford speeds off in Bandit's Sheriff's car. Bandit is shock, angry and suddenly breaks into trademark Burt laugh as Buford drives into the horizon. NOW Buford has finally bested him.*

:discourse:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

WHY YOU MAKE DEM BIG BUFORDS SO CHEAP

I ATE 4 BUFORDS! BLEACHY DON FEEL TOO GOOD

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Pitch for Bandit 3:

"Don't you start..."

This is perfect god drat

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that movie where clint eastwood had an orangutan as his copilot was better

Every Which Way But Loose and the sequel Every Which Way You Can

I know entirely too much about late 70's and early 80's garbage movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
let's talk about Stroker Ace and/or the Cannonball Run next

• Locked thread