Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Last weekend and this weekend, St. Louis alt-rock station The Point (105.7 FM) held their annual Pointfest concerts. Usually, it's just one, but this time they split it into two days so it didn't have to start at 10 AM and run until 11 PM. Because I've done those marathons, and let me tell ya... it's exhausting. But at least the soda is only $8 for 32 oz. (A tallboy'll cost ya $11.)

This past weekend's headliner was to be Korn, but their singer got sick, so they cancelled. Breaking Benjamin, the penultimate band, played an extended set instead. It was good, but it wasn't Korn, and a lot of people chose to go to the first Pointfest because of Korn specifically. But... I mean, whatcha gonna do? Lots of great bands were tearing up the main and side stages, so it was cool. Not great, but cool. I chose this weekend's Pointfest initially, specifically because of Soundgarden, one of my top three all-time favorite bands. My wife decided that we should go to both shows, and I relented.

So........ 1st show: headliner cancelled, singer sick. 2nd show: headliner cancelled, singer dead?? That escalated quickly! There's a Way-Back Pointfest for us old timers later this year. What's going to happen to the singer of that headlining band? Whole family murdered? Home town destroyed by an asteroid? HOW MUCH HEADLINING BAND SINGER BLOOD WILL BE ENOUGH, POINTFEST?? HOW MUCH?????

(sigh) This is just lovely. lovely for the band, lovely for the family who undoubtedly didn't see this coming and now have to wait and see if it was a random health thing or if he went full Scott Weiland, and of course it's lovely for the fans. It's lovely for Chris Cornell, who had a lot of music left in him and now won't be able to get it out. But mainly, I hope his family does OK, and I hope that this wasn't a weilandesque death.

RIP. The frontman of one of the bands that got me into playing music as a teenager is tracking a record with Killie McGee up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sir Lemming posted:

I was just starting to blast "Pretty Noose" and then I thought about it a little more. Yikes. Not today. Next track.

Try "Blow Up The Outside World" instead.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BigFactory posted:

I feel bad for people who have to live in Columbus, too. Once you get off campus it's strip malls and Sonics as far as the eye can see. A real armpit.

St. Louis was the city after Columbus. Radio station The Point (105.7) has an annual Pointfest, and this year it was split into two shows because gently caress the fans. Soundgarden was to host the 2nd show, which was going to be today. Instead, it's just dark and stormy.

• Locked thread