Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It worked kind of okay in VoG, I guess? It was more of a novelty than something enjoyable however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The walls in the shadow zone having holes in them is always fun, but at least you get to shoot a fat robot at the end.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

It worked kind of okay in VoG, I guess? It was more of a novelty than something enjoyable however.

Also worked OK in that one Taken King mission.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The problem is that almost any fight can sound the same if you're reductive enough. "Do a mechanic, then shoot the boss" is pretty much every fight with a boss in it in the game. People generally stand in one spot not because the fight demands it, but because people want to maximize the damage they do and grouping up lets them do it. Fights that remove this sort of dynamic, like Oryx, usually get made fun of as "synchronized swimming."

Basically, so long as the fight involves needing to do damage to a thing, people can and will find the optimal way to do that damage. Unless every fight is siege engine, it's a problem you're always going to run into.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I finally got Breakneck and it's so good I'm considering dismantling my dragonfly/rampage Ringing Nail for its Rampage Spec mod. RN sounds good on paper but doesn't seem to hit headshots and proc dragonfly often enough and 450 fire rate feels so slow after using pretty much all my other guns. And I don't like ARs in the energy slot. Compare that to Breakneck which doesn't have dragonfly but just wrecks everything and reloads super fast

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do not dismantle your ringing nail just for a mod. :stare:

The curated is the best second slot AR out there. It pairs really well with arbalest.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

Do not dismantle your ringing nail just for a mod. :stare:
The curated is the best second slot AR out there. It pairs really well with arbalest.
Yeah I won't. (Though it's not the curated, no HCR) But I've vaulted it anyway because it just feels kinda disappointing somehow

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

BlindSite posted:

Yeah. There was also some other stuff they had in court of Oryx like having to use cursed thrall to break the enemy bosses shield for a damage phase

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

People routinely hosed up that cursed thrall thing by shooting them the minute they spawned, instead of waiting for them to get near the boss, and that trend was going strong months after the Court was introduced.

One of the scorn blind well bosses has the same mechanic, but the screebs spawn right next to him.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

One of the scorn blind well bosses has the same mechanic, but the screebs spawn right next to him.

And pubbies still manage to wail on the shielded boss, pushing him away from the Screeb spawn

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't think pubbies know how to do any of the blind well t4 bosses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

screebs in the well owns because you can arc hunters repeatedly wade in and try to dps the boss with a stick and then I pop one of the screebs and dude gets vaporized. I laugh every time.

Well, I did. I haven't done the well in like three months now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
They don't. They are still slamming supers and heavy into invulnerable bosses to this very day.

but raid matchmaking ammirite

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't think pubbies know how to do any of the blind well t4 bosses.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They don't. They are still slamming supers and heavy into invulnerable bosses to this very day.

but raid matchmaking ammirite

Yuuuup. Pretty sure if I personally didn't go grab the orbs on the week 2 ogre boss his shield would never get broken

and forget about passing them to power them up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mazerunner posted:

Yuuuup. Pretty sure if I personally didn't go grab the orbs on the week 2 ogre boss his shield would never get broken

and forget about passing them to power them up

I grab the orb and strafe dance in front of a person shooting the ogre. Sometimes they'll look at me before I throw the orb but they're still volunteering themselves to learn the fight.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I've never had issues with finishing blind well bosses while solo. Enough people seem to know what to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they're all set up so one player with a couple of brain cells can unlock the boss and make the DPS everyone else is doing actually decrease its health.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The ship looks bad, people are gonna be real mad on reddit

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i dig it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Emron posted:

It looks like an untransformed gundam

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It looks like someone hasn't learned to properly paint his miniatures yet and I want it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
no lie i want that ship more than i want the catalyst

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The ship actually owns because the universe brain way to play destiny is to be as ugly as possible.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wow that's ugly.. I know it's a standard for Bungie but it's pieces of other ships smashed together, not worth the effort at all.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

New Leaf posted:

Wow that's ugly.. I know it's a standard for Bungie but it's pieces of other ships smashed together, not worth the effort at all.

Lol ain't no one doing this for the ship. It cuts the catalyst time from 5 weeks to three.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Lol ain't no one doing this for the ship. It cuts the catalyst time from 5 weeks to three.

Really looking forward to the future nerf. I don't know what they were thinking with Outbreak Prime. It's TOO good. There's so little recoil it feels like you're playing Wolfenstein3D rather than Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Eh, so be it. Gonna have fun with it now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No OP nerfs before June 1, 2020, guaranteed

That ship is the best ship in the game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Imagine if you could log in and go to any patrol zone and farm for your favorite armor set or if you could farm enhanced perks on your Iron Banner or Crucible armor or if you could reforge your Y1 guns to have Y2 Forsaken rerolls.

Would you be playing right now?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I have to placate the few friends I have that got bored of "the grind of Destiny" by playing fuckin WoW with them. This poo poo sucks and is somehow worse playing drunk. People got addicted to this trash?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Emron posted:

cvnvcnv posted:

It's big.

How do I get this?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How do I get this?

You're going to love this

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the ship owns. as you're zoning in you can see two pallets of 55 gallon barrels haphazardly strapped to the top

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
catalyst owns

mission good

ship hilarious

oh, and this poor guy finding out the absolute edge a max range GBS while airborne kills at

https://i.imgur.com/UG2sCXG.gifv

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Emron posted:

It looks like a nerdy robot with braces

Or a White trash hiigaran minivan

How! fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 22, 2019

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

catalyst owns

mission good

ship hilarious

oh, and this poor guy finding out the absolute edge a max range GBS while airborne kills at

https://i.imgur.com/UG2sCXG.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/H90clqG.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
CANCELLED

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That ship is the best ship in the game

Maker Of Shoes posted:

ship hilarious

cvnvcnv posted:

It's big.

Day two of the Scrappy Pappy era and these truths are even more truthful.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I have to placate the few friends I have that got bored of "the grind of Destiny" by playing fuckin WoW with them. This poo poo sucks and is somehow worse playing drunk. People got addicted to this trash?

The WoW that people got addicted to is not the WoW they are playing anymore. I’ve tried on two separate occasions to resub and WoW is seriously a shadow of how fun it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Bust Rodd posted:

The WoW that people got addicted to is not the WoW they are playing anymore. I’ve tried on two separate occasions to resub and WoW is seriously a shadow of how fun it used to be.

WoW Classic is in open beta right now.