Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Is destiny 2 going to be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I want my titan to have enormous stupid shoulders.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Re: titans.

Go to about 3:40 here and you see a female Titan with what are vary much D1 legs but with new D2 style shoulders. It's not a good look imho.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg

I like it.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
All the raids are cool, and only become less cool when you do them over and over like all PvE content.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
There's one with robots and another where you fight a giant guy

They're good.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

I softly said "Oh noooo" to myself seeing that.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It would be interesting if they leaned into titans as unstoppable forces/immovable objects that kind of run into a place and own it with barriers. Probably not great for what I liked about them (speed/mobility) but it would be a thing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
i like jetpack

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

texaholic posted:

So after E3 I am beginning to think only 2 subclasses per char. Probably a third added in the first TTK sized expansion.

Aw man, that would be really poo poo.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I hope Destiny 2 is good.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
So whilst playingst Des2iny we're going to have a loadout of two primary-style weapons (one of which has an element but is fundamentally still a pulse/auto/scout/HC) and then a single power weapon pulled from a second, separate pool of weapons? That seems like it will be less fun.

Do I have that right? It's allegedly a PvP fix, right? My brain just can't wrap around what I think Bungie has said about it in the past, that they don't want weapons to perform differently between PvP and PvE [so they're just removing one-hit kill specials]. Like ... you aren't changing weapon performance between game types, you're just changing how much damage a guardian takes from special weapons. Which only ever comes into play in PvP. So...?

Am I missing something?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I'm sure they are gonna change the guns you carry in PvE and not do anything in terms of adjusting enemy behavior and encounter layout.

I'm skeptical about Bungie making a nuanced and well-considered move on this is all. :shrug: I like having 3 weapon pools to pull weapons from. Taking the middle group away and adding them to (what was) the least common ammo pool doesn't sound like an enhancement to my fun. Maybe the elemental(?) weapons will have a distinct feel from the kinetic ones. I hope so!! If not they're cutting into my "Destiny guns are good to shoot and feel different" fun and you'd better believe Bungie will be hearing from me!! *has already pre-ordered the legendary sword version*

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Is destiny 2 going to be good?

poor life choice posted:

I hope Destiny 2 is good.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
:justpost: about Destiny until there's more Destiny.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Man, I'm so curious to see each subclass side-by-side. It seems like there's a push to make each one a roaming threat vs. like a single titan slam or nova bomb or whatever. A little homogeneity is probably good but I wonder if, yeah, sentinel's just going to end up being the best because it's everything else + titan wall/bubble.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I haven't watched any of the videos :twisted:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Having huge shoulders in video games, like in real life, is very good

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I have it downloaded the beta and pre-ordered the game through PS4 store. Am I good to play come Tuesday or is there some Bungie account poo poo to deal with?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Thanks!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Game seems good.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Like I thought, having double primaries and then lumping special and heavy together feels boring. Balance argument aside, it's v samey.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

the good fax machine posted:

I don't think this is true. Reason being that for Gunslingers specifically, you have the skill tree in the upper right named "Way of the Outlaw", and within it is the perk for 6 golden gun shots, BUT has shorter duration. To me, this implies there will be other skill trees, let's call them "Way of the Cone" where you can have your 3 shot golden gun, and "Way of the Mongoloid" where you have a single powerful shot. They already said they withholding some things until September, and I think this is the most obvious example. I don't think the perks will be selectable within those trees, I think you'll have to choose one "Way of" tree and live with all the perks under it.

I think that's what he was saying. You can pick between the two(?) ways made up of four set perks, and then tweak class ability, grenade and jump, but that's it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's more build customization but I think that'll all take place on the equipment tab.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Waffle House posted:

yep you got it. hop on in

post the link pls

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2: everything that's good is changing and everything that is bad is not changing

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey everyone, love the thread and we're all having fun, just checking in to say it's absolutely illegal to call PvP "cru" or "crucru."

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

He had another son that we never saw, I forget his name

Legs Benedict posted:

they put a 2 at the end

Cro2

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
A podcast I listen to said it is basically the media/judges/whatever demo they were allowed to play in May, which I think strengthens the possibility that they've been making changes since. It also makes it funnier if they haven't.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

This is a lot.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I hate that Dumb is misspelled in the clan name :mad:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

Let me assure everyone that the Moana post was indeed real and the clan does exist. We certainly don't spend the entire time discussing the deeper meaning of the movie nor is it ACTUALLY the central focus of our group identity. And it's probably an in joke that will expend itself in a few hours.

Our group identity is focused on shooting mans in space while being dum. Also we are members of an internet comedy forum so we enjoy treating everything with a general sense of irreverence. Maybe to me there is nothing more irreverent and funny than the juxtaposition of The Rock, a chicken, the ocean, and Bungie's terrible FPS game. And maybe it's our means of persuasion of trying to inject some levity into Destiny Year 3!

And that means we take the game seriously enough to get triggers onto targets together but at the same time we don't take it so seriously that we can't laugh at a livestream of Moana while killing Oryx. If you find the concept of "having fun" to be absurd, uh then I got nothing. We actually stand by that idea of being inclusive and even Moana isn't something absurd to us. We just ask you don't be a dick or toxic since pride and prejudice have no place in our group.

Oh and we are a clan that's totally fed up with drama and the thought of taking a video game group super seriously. I actually don't even remember the exact set of circumstances that led to the Moana thing! All I know is that it was fun and everyone from all walks of life in the fireteam enjoyed it. We had the sense and sensibility to laugh about it but not get distracted from Oryx.

This was a really long way of saying we're a clan that likes the idea of "Moana N'Chill" and we plan to enjoy Destiny 2 together! For all I know next week it'll be "Jane Austen N'Chill and Book Discussion/D2 Countdown" or something that doesn't terrify goons like Moana.

God this game can't come out fast enough.

(and would you really prefer a Jane Austen themed D2 clan?)

Yes but can the clan please spell dumb correctly

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I'm a PS4 but I identify with the cool version of the rock, not the cartoon thing or the fanny pack.

I feel so lost.

I identify with looking like regular Rock or cartoon Rock 24/7 IRL with no middle ground or discernible transition between, and the word fanny.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey, is it confirmed that swords are power weapons? It wouldn't make any sense, but would be v. cool, if they were kinetic/energy weapons instead. I could gently caress with a scout/pules+sword+fusion setup in PvE.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

We actually are!

Nobody has made any actual practical suggestions until today. Well other than "Big Delicious Sticky Muffins"

In joke wise we are keeping the KINK tag though.

My unironic suggestion is Popular Interplanetary Space Shooter

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Only the finest fabrics emblazoned with game logos for this body mine

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

Let me know if you all get bored.

I'm running Titanfall with cool people often.

(were you expecting a Moana joke?)

I've never done Titanfall 2 multiplayer, is frontier mode good? How quickly can I unlock the monarch titan, it reads like something I would enjoy playing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Tei posted:

When I play Battlefield, I never join a server with less than 64 players. Less than 64 players feels weirdly lonely, empty.

I have played battles in Planetside where a hill had 80 players and the whole battle had probably around 200 ish guys. Admitelly is a bit too much, and the netcode had to do some creative cheating to allow it, with the current networks we have.

Quake 1 had a limit of 16 players. But if anyone wanted to increase that, It would take check all the arrays where the number is stored and change it to a bigger number. Change the 16 in the code for maybe 48, then recompile.

Dungeon Defenders have a limit of 4 players, but then also have to handle the mobs, that at some point can be around 600, and the weapons that the enemies drop, that can be around 1000-ish. But is a game somebody made out of a student tech demo with cutesy graphics.

I remember playing a mod for Battlefield 1942 that was star wars themed, and there was a map where players where able to drive the capital ships, man the weapons and fly fighters, then land on the capital ships and fight there.

And Destiny 2 will have 4 players. But is fine. Maybe is some netcode limitation.

All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Y'all I am a deeply embarrassed by proxy every time someone posts about how the clan name is a joke, or in the discord that they enjoy getting a reaction out of the thread. I am slightly less embarrassed every time someone like myself posts about how these posts are bad. Might I suggest an alternative hobby: videogames.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

HAT FETISH posted:

Yesterday I realised I'm probably never gonna play D1 again so I deleted it. Feels weird.

Same. :(

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
If the whole story of the game is Ghaul locking guardians off from the Light while he huffs all the Traveler farts, it'll probably be something where a fragment of it stuck in his chest or something when we rescue it and he get infused with special raid boss powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

actionjackson posted:

WE GO PLAY HOOP

Thanks Tut, Gramps, Choom Gang and Ray for all the good times

same