Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tess where is my optimacy titan dick towel

The set looks fully sick with a shaded noble constant mark but I need all of the money clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I mean they just took a snapshot of players currently in activities at a certain time each day, that's really not a good metric for anything

Or maybe not people are bad at interpreting stuff and I shouldn't trust people

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's not what was being measured dude. They took the number of unique accounts in ANY activity over a 24hr period and split that up into PvE and PvP.

It's not a perfect stat and people were in fact using it wrong but the trend line for the stat is a pretty valid way to measure the health of a game. There's a reason almost every online fps tracks it.

some dipshit said that and I trusted them, that's what I get for not wanting to watch a three minute video

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

How! posted:

I wonder if it counts logging in, looking at the character screen, then logging off and watching Netflix?

Cuz thats how I play D2

No, doesn't count if you only hit the tower too, need to enter a pve or pvp zone

Source: wasted my time watching destiny trackers video

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's no way this system is UNDER STATING population though, lol

This morning i logged in to look at Eververse and clean up my vault. I'm probably not playing tonight

It's me, the forgotten guardian

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Activision pressured Bungie to pressure the Destiny Tracker team to take it down.

Activision seems determined to hide the player counts in their COD games. They want people to see their decreasing sales.

trials in a couple weeks with streamers moving to PC and COD nabbing other people should be interesting

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

Guardian gg has a player counter. Only tracks pvp though.

Yesterday was 900k

Edit: the day before was 900k. Yesterday was 645k.

*everything is fine jpg*

pc version came out yesterday

guardian.gg doesn't track pc population yet

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Actually it's an insanely good business plan to sell millions of people poo poo and then make money by cleaning it up for them, hth

hell, worked for d1 and they cleaned it up three times

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Attn: bone krew

D1 Xur got the Jade Rabbit

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

10 Beers posted:

Is there a good guide for mods anywhere? Like "class abilities recharge faster when using void.". Is that just for your rift, dodge, etc, or for grenades and melee, too? Does anyone even use those, or do you focus on weapon mods?

Class abilities are your rift/dodge/barricade

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

loving hell, Jade Rabbit is really good, gently caress off playstations

Shreds in PVE and was a solid meta buster for PVP, sucks that Bungie kept it from you guys for an extra year

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol that dope looking Arcology PVP map is a PS4 exclusive

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol Reddit spergs have confirmed there is a hidden XP cooldown just like the chest/resource ones.

Make sure you spend real money on those bright engrams friends!!!

Just play pvp and you don't have any of these issues :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Curse of Osiris release is bringing HDR patch for ps4 pro and Xbox one x, along with native 4k for xXBONEXx

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

-December 5 patch will add 4K support on PS4 Pro, Xboxonexonexobx

Pro already has and is keeping checkerboard 4k which looks pretty good, but they're adding HDR with the Osiris patch

xxXboNeXxx is getting native 4k and HDR with the Osiris patch

Again Sony continues to punch the cross save dream in the dick, would love to buy this dead gay game again for native 4k on my Bone X but I want to keep my space mans

deadwing fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 10, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Brine posted:

Nighthawk and Orpheus Rig will never drop for me and Xur will never sell them. I have accepted this.

I've played my Hunter for maybe 15 hours, got the Orpheus Rig from the only exotic engram that's dropped on that character :c00l:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ythe true face of a new monarchy supporter............. shamefull

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

gently caress YES FLAWLESS TRIALS!!! I am complete!

https://youtu.be/H1qyDPTRlfk

another satisfied user of poooom's flawless services

also holy poo poo your sensitivity is high :stare:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Yup, it's this. The D1 campaign was also way, way longer, whatever that's worth. I'm hoping the DLC adds enough... but TTK wasn't even the first DLC for D1, it was the loving 3rd.

This is just rose colored glasses, there is hella more single player content in D2 out the box than D1 had, just little to no reason to return to any of it unless you sharded your Sondok

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Norns posted:

It's almost like sequels should build on what came before them though? Destiny 2 is a step back in almost every way from what people are saying. Even basic quality of life poo poo.

It's not like this is at all exclusive to Destiny, the last three Civilization games have done the exact same thing. Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc, etc all launch with less content than the expanded games that came before.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Serf posted:

its almost as if they intentionally don't include features/content that you've gotten used to and instead section them off into dlc you can pick up for $14.99 apiece until you've wound up buying essentially a whole new game just to get the amount o of stuff you were expecting and this is on top of a loot box system for getting cosmetic appearances that used to just be free

Yeah and it's almost as if Destiny 1 did the exact same thing :thunk:
If you bought D1 day one full cost and bought all the expansions as they came out, you spent 140 bucks iirc

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Do they launch with fewer features?

Yeah I get that there will be fewer levels or whatever (although with Adventures and what not there is a surprising amount of this type of content in D2).

COD WWII launched with nine maps and like 20 guns

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The real only QoL thing that's worse in D2 right now than D1 is the vault. Not having to go to orbit to launch new activities, having multiple places to drop to in patrol, not having to go to the tower to get bounty equivalents, not having engrams take up normal inventory slots, not needing planetary mats to unlock gun and armor perks, hell, not even needing to unlock perks for guns/armor at all. All massive QoL improvements.

Starting a play session D1 meant a tower trip before you even started playing, then back to orbit, then to whatever activity you wanted to do, by then you already burned five minutes of non gameplay time. Now you just fly directly to whatever you want to do and you've already got all your daily and weekly "bounties"

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I mean yeah d2 has it's issues but overall I've been a lot more satisfied with it than d1, although I guess I'm a Filthy Casual who hasn't even clocked a hundred hours, but I still have adventures to do, still have exotics to get, still have to start a warlock (really hoping DLC1 comes with a spark of light)

Things like the PvP changes are a matter of opinion, I like the multiple modes in one playlist, and I like 4v4 (but I was the fuckman in D1 with the scout or heavy pulse plinking you from the flank, TLW/shotty one man armies probably feel a bit different)

Right now the big thing D2 is lacking is incentive to repeat content, which I'm currently fine with because I'm not done with the existing content, and the live team has said they're working on more incentives to keep playing, and it's a hell of a lot better than having to keep playing because you need a hundred spinmetal to see if the gun you just got is any good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

drat Curse of Osiris sounding stacked, seems bigger than the first D1 DLCs combined

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

qbert posted:

It's a new raid but they're lazy so they're using a bunch of Leviathan assets.

Also I cannot tell if they're saying "lair" or "layer".

It's not like Crota had a ton of unique assets, it was mostly the same old underground hive poo poo and PoE was even worse for asset recycling

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m not super pleased with this development at all honestly, that kind of sucks.

Also I’m not sure that “better than Crota” should be the bar new raids have to clear.

Crota ruled, it was basically Destiny Raid: The Action Movie. I hope this "lair" is the same sort of thing. We already have the puzzle raid. Bring on the shoot a bunch of dudes raid.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

im glad I bought this for 5 bux after trade-in because that expansion sounds like a wet fart, not too confident in the Mercury area. Really was hoping a few more Strikes would be added.

There are at least two new strikes that we know about from a PC Gamer article. This was one of three live streams about the new content.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

The new strikes are just the dlc story missions? Ugh.:smithicide:

yeah just like what they did in hated by everyone DLC content The Taken King

ugh :smithicide:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm playing Destiny 2 right now and having fun

I hear that they outlawed fun in Destiny 2 I hope the reddit police doesn't get me :ohdear:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Hmm what's more important stuff that affects the game and average player (guns, aesthetics) or navel gazing fart huffing

For 95% of this gay dead game's player base, the latter

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

It's the deal of the day on Amazon

Just bought another two copies for Christmas presents

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

when the TWAB usually hits so this afternoon

5-7 pm eastern usually

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I burned 90 percent of my purple shaders and 3 ghosts to be able to buy the salty emote. Did I win Destiny 2?

No you lost because the purple ones are the best

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

new endgame: vault full of 420 kill masterworks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

That post shows they don’t get it...not even an acknowledgement that core gameplay issues exist. They think the only complaint is that there aren’t even carrots for the no life squad to chase.

Baaaaaad

unless your core gameplay issues are 4v4 and primary/energy/heavy (and I know for a lot of people they are), everything else is pretty firmly in the "sandbox update" zone, we'll see what they do with the osiris patch

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

I'm getting a good lol out of the Masterworks weapons making orbs on multikills. They're fuckin' doubling down on how badly they never want anyone to use their super in pvp. "Hey guys, we hear you don't like the cooldowns in PvE, so here's some extra orbs for you that you'll only see a time or two in PvP, rather than just fix the CD itself."

multikills happen pretty often in pvp with how the assist system works????

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Menstrual Show posted:

Y’ALL LIKE TOKENS RIGHT?
*crowd boos*
HELL YEAH EVERYONE LIKES TOKENS!
FAM, WE ARE GLNNA DOUBLE DOWN ON TOKENS

tokens are literally rep from d1 except you pick what character to turn in the rewards on and when to turn in the rewards and no one bitched about d1 rep, what people were complaining about was a blind reliance on RNG for guns and gear. and well

quote:

[DEC 12] Faction Armor and Weapons will be unlocked for purchase for Legendary Shards and Faction Tokens on most Faction Vendors
All five Armor Slots will always be present, and Weapons will rotate weekly on Factions that have them

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Ghost-Requires-not-machine-specific/dp/B077J92PYC/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Please buff rat king.

ahem, (extremely nerd voice) rat king was listed by a sandbox dev on the latest crucible radio episode as one of the over-performing weapons in the crucible, it obviously doesn't need a buff