Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I didn't get Outbreak Prime so this is just a really cool new gun to play with

It shreds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gotta finish the Mysterious Datapad quest you get after Izanagi's

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

What's a God roll scorpion anyway? I have the God smugglers and am a little tired of Erentil.

mine is Rampage/High Impact Reserves and I loving love it, rampage and high impact reserves interact more often than you think and it's an ez 4 tap when they overlap

unfortunately bungie are cowards and didn't let it roll kill clip

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I just assumed the 49 thing was a joke

Yeah gently caress ever doing that

It's really just 10-15 extra minutes, but yeah, the point would have easily gotten across with say, 7 entries but no additional time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a super neat puzzle, but the time goes UP while you're doing it, so there's really no point in having 49 consoles when like 7 would suffice as a check for if you understand the puzzle

I'm curious if or how it'll differ for arc and solar configurations

Good chance it'll just be "key cards and bounty are in different spots" with the same monitor puzzle. Watch it be like 69 and 117 consoles for the next two

Week 1 is 7x7, 49

Week 2 will be 7x7x7, 343

Week 3 will be 7x7x7x7, 2401

:shepicide:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's fun to read old articles about vanilla D2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/10/05/ranking-the-10-worst-exotics-in-destiny-2-so-far/#691abb830aec

5. Transversive Steps (Warlock Boots)

Ugh. These are carryovers from D1, but they’re just so drat boring now. You get a mild increase in sprint speed, and you partially reload one weapon slot when sprinting. If it fully reloaded your weapon when you were running that would be one thing, but it’s only a bit of ammo at a time, and it’s hilarious to think that this item and Actium War Rig can exist in the same game. These boots are just pure garbage.

I'm glad people thought Fighting Lion was bad because it got unneeded buff after unneeded buff

Gun always hosed

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Roman posted:

So was ammo regen the only thing that makes Whisper worth getting? White nail from ammo reserves still sounds good but sounds more like a pinnacle legendary thing than something worth the exotic slot

Whisper still has Whispered Breathing so it'll still be good. Using it or DARCI will basically be a matter of preference.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

One of the scorn blind well bosses has the same mechanic, but the screebs spawn right next to him.

And pubbies still manage to wail on the shielded boss, pushing him away from the Screeb spawn

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The annual pass is probably worth it at this point, especially if you hate grinding, because it has those 640 light boost bounties.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And no new version of Gambit is better than anything involving Gambit

They're also actively nerfing the power level of drops from Gambit so you extra don't need to play Gambit

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol they're really yeeting the last Activision-attached release right out there

Not even giving it two days to breathe

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I would not blame him at all if he just deleted his account at this point.

we can only hope that we're that lucky

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

WHO THE gently caress DESIGNED THE PURSUITS TAB THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED AS I TRY AND GET BACK INTO THIS GAME FUUUUUCK

It's not great but my gear page loads instantly now, so it's a trade off I'm willing to take

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Should I wait until later to open the free rune chests on the barge? I haven't bought any of the improved rune drop upgrades yet, will those drop from the chests?

I opened them all and got a shitton of the basic 3 runes, so probably best to wait

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’m pretty sure all the auto rifle perks now affect trace rifles as well so the more specific one would be stronger

IIRC Unflinching Rifle has the same impact on recoil reduction as Unflinching Auto Rifle does, it's the generic slot unflinchings (kinetic, energy, power) that have a lesser effect, and there's no Enhanced Unflinching for autos, so Unflinching Rifle is as good as you can do.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I used Polaris Lance for the first time in a hot minute and it really needs to be the baseline for pve scouts

At least it's usable

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Heavily depends on both the mods and the encounter. Like, blackout makes The Riposte unplayable.

I got my flawless Riposte triumph last night on Blackout :c00l:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

firmly planted/tap the trigger ...... good

https://i.imgur.com/I0mieuC.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I look down on people that admit to having a charity lumina

(but seriously though, getting this medal was a huge PITA because you basically have to ignore the game objective and focus solely on getting the invader. That means watching the mote meter and the enemy portal notification religiously. For me, I posted up on that one column near Steppes on Nessus with a honed edge round while my team was over by Drill. Invader dropped in and I got him two seconds after.)

Imagine not getting it on the first invade right off the spawn with a 4x Honed Edge shot

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

the shotgun with swashbuckler and opening shot, or one with rampage and opening shot

Opening shot is nuts for pvp shotguns, if either of these are full choke or rifled, acurized round, and range MW, congrats, you have the best pvp shotty in the game

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Opening shot is nuts on any shotgun but iirc the only shotguns that can currently roll it are the gambo prime one, mindbenders, gunnoras, and emperors courtesy

And mindbenders is only on the curated one which lacks range perks

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

pfft, special weapons. bring a sword!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I think all the changes overall are going to be extremely positive. Supers and heavy are the two biggest problems in PVP and those are hopefully being addressed. 4v4 can go gently caress off forever, I'd prefer 3v3 Clash for the glory mode but with heavy and supers being toned down, Survival might be better. Heavy will either need to spawn really late into a round (like 30 seconds before time) in order to discourage the whole "get a couple kills and then bunker", or just need to be reserved to one round like Trials.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So again, the warmind expansion strike was literally just the final mission which was loving terrible but in multiplayer. How loving lazy can they get

they should make more of the cool story missions strikes

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspAKr8THf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Anyone that runs bottom tree striker brings shame on these forums.

What am I supposed to do, be bad on purpose?

I'll use the broken class and exotic, thanks