Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

Kill enemies to earn an orb, invade to take it to the other side, and dunk it in the bank to earn a point? Sure why not

That sounds loving cool tbh. Orb gives you extra overshield, successful dunk spawns additional taken around enemy bank. If you're killed with the orb, enemy can pick it up and dunk it to poo poo extra taken to your side instead before orb despawns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't mind the changes. I'll spend half an.hour in the skill based match making and the next 12 month's in connection but yeah. Thanks bungie.

Called that heavy change from a mile away and it's a good one.

I don't mind solo playlist for comp but unless they've changed their recipe for match making (they havent). That just means carrying two thumbless players against 3 decent ones after the first few games. Splitting off control and making it sbmm is kind of bad but at least they're not removing all connection match making like they used to.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wonder what the reception will be if they just silently drop Big Team Battle in.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I think all the changes overall are going to be extremely positive. Supers and heavy are the two biggest problems in PVP and those are hopefully being addressed. 4v4 can go gently caress off forever, I'd prefer 3v3 Clash for the glory mode but with heavy and supers being toned down, Survival might be better. Heavy will either need to spawn really late into a round (like 30 seconds before time) in order to discourage the whole "get a couple kills and then bunker", or just need to be reserved to one round like Trials.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The fact that they went from limited communal heavy events to perpetual single person pulls was quite possibly the dumbest and most obviously loving bad decision in pvp history

What competent team in D1 3v3 didn’t guard a single person pulling heavy and then protect him as he ran loving (30-50 feral) hog wild for the next 3-5 minutes?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

SBMM control Playlist lmao

Its there to keep poo poo cunts happy but no one will actually use it.

Like how the lone wolf play list was in D1.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I don't mind the changes. I'll spend half an.hour in the skill based match making and the next 12 month's in connection but yeah. Thanks bungie.

Called that heavy change from a mile away and it's a good one.

I don't mind solo playlist for comp but unless they've changed their recipe for match making (they havent). That just means carrying two thumbless players against 3 decent ones after the first few games. Splitting off control and making it sbmm is kind of bad but at least they're not removing all connection match making like they used to.

Yeahhhh. Gloary based MM is loving dogshit. poo poo takes forever.

On the plus side it does mean i can jump on Jobeys account, win 18 games of comp in a row making GBS threads on kids with wavesplitter and get him recluse in half an afternoon.

Make games connection based only. Let the pieces fall as they may, because anyone could be playing on anyones account. And there is nothing they can do to stop it.

Edit: Too many play lists. Cut down one or two. I like Comp being survival only. Countdown was rear end. 3v3 is.... meh. 4v4 survival was generally a good time, the only bad thing was super snowballs and they are addressing that separately.

And yeah. Probably see a season built around Trails of Osiris coming back, like House of Wolves was.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 17, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
6 guardians parachute into an island in teams of 3

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
WIll be interesting to see what the Mountaintop quest looks like after the changes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

WIll be interesting to see what the Mountaintop quest looks like after the changes.

Knowing their level of creativity, they're going to cut the number of double kills and calculated trajectory medals by 50% and call it good.

Sounds like they're going to make the losses in comp less of a penalty too, but overall i wonder if they're ever going back to "Reach Fabled" vs "Accumulate 3500 glory" for their pinnacles.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They should probably make pinnacle weapons exotics

anglachel
May 28, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sounds like they're going to make the losses in comp less of a penalty too, but overall i wonder if they're ever going back to "Reach Fabled" vs "Accumulate 3500 glory" for their pinnacles.

Accumate glory was well recieved so they will almost certainly stick with that.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Seasonal Loot pools is going to result in the Crucible and Vanguard loot tables going insane by the third season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

anglachel posted:

Accumate glory was well recieved so they will almost certainly stick with that.

Should, yes! Will?? Less likely...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

They need more incentive to play competitive than just 1 gun. Matches should reward more material or reputation or something

There has to be a trade off uf your sitting in orbit for 5 minutes looking to find a sweat match.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Should, yes! Will?? Less likely...

Requirements of quest are easy for them to do and change. Theyve made it pretty clear they are going after redsits opinion of things.

Im curious if they are gonna touch recluse. Dude made a dig about pvp pinnacles showing up in pve in his state of the game.

Do New Light players get a shot at Recluse or is that tied to annual pass?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Recluse is like 49% of PvE kills or something?? Even with the 2100 Glory barrier. It needs a tweak!

I hope it doesn't get one on account of it's fun, but it seems likely to happen.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So again, the warmind expansion strike was literally just the final mission which was loving terrible but in multiplayer. How loving lazy can they get

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

They will almost certainly give recluce a trim down to something like killclip levels of power but with the added benifit of procing from primary wepons kills to keep it unique

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Calaveron posted:

So again, the warmind expansion strike was literally just the final mission which was loving terrible but in multiplayer. How loving lazy can they get

Almost as lazy as not making a new strike or pvp map in a entire year

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just drop the range to 20. :v:

I guess that doesn't nerf it in pve at all but I don't give a gently caress who kills with what in pve.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Knowing their level of creativity, they're going to cut the number of double kills and calculated trajectory medals by 50% and call it good.

That was what I was expecting before today, but with the changes they're making to comp and heavy drops, getting double kills and calculated trajectories is going to get way harder because of fewer targets and less heavy ammo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Just drop the range to 20. :v:

I guess that doesn't nerf it in pve at all but I don't give a gently caress who kills with what in pve.

Most of the playerbase is in pve at any given moment so they are probably (and should be) concerned with a lack of weapon diversity there.

Rumor is it’s also very prevalent in gambit where its pve goodness is essentially pvp goodness.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

yeah because we're all soooo concerned about the health of gambit, let's make sure that broken game mode drags on longer!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

yeah because we're all soooo concerned about the health of gambit, let's make sure that broken game mode drags on longer!

Remember that time bungie invested so heavily in gambit they ignored PvP for an entire year?

I do.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Remember that time bungie invested so heavily in gambit they ignored PvP for an entire year?

I do.

In the end, Gambit was the true gambit.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

they should make more of the cool story missions strikes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah story missions as strikes is actually good because it means they can put effort into a story mission (which you usually see once to 3x ever) without it going to waste

And more strikes in the Playlist means more nightfall exclusives and less chance of getting Corrupted

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Does accumulating glory mean it’s just tracking how much you earn until you earn a specific amount, not having the amounts you lose from loses count against you? That seems much more doable than reaching fabled.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, like the Revoker quest. Wins grant bounty progress, losses don't take it away.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They’re bringing back widows court and twilight gap but it’s unclear if that’s for all the modes or just the new 3v3 thing they’re working on

This is good but didn't he also say that they're removing some maps from PvP as well? I'm not sure that pulling more maps is a good idea until they have more to add.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

big annoying word man posted:

We’ve removed some underperforming maps from matchmaking, too.

there are some absolute dogshit maps too so its fine

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Yeah but if you remove them all you're only left with a few maps and the repetition is bad enough already. Not gonna complain about the likes of Midtown and Equinox getting scrapped but still.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

This is good but didn't he also say that they're removing some maps from PvP as well? I'm not sure that pulling more maps is a good idea until they have more to add.

They could remove all the breakthrough maps and no one would care.

There are a lot of maps in the game. Its needs a trim and there is a lot of fat

anglachel
May 28, 2012

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah but if you remove them all you're only left with a few maps and the repetition is bad enough already. Not gonna complain about the likes of Midtown and Equinox getting scrapped but still.

Equinox? The only map where scouts are actually semi viable and the only map where you have to play slightly differently? More maps like equinox please

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Equinox also bad for how tiny it is and how one team can keep the other hosed into the spawns with incredible ease.

I'd rather play on merely two great, full-sized D1 maps for an entire year than not. Remove all D2 maps, please. :shrug:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Equinox is the only map i've bothered to remember the name of.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

My second through fifth favorite maps are all called Ruined City with Lanes and Small Rooms

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They could remove 2 maps to balance out the 2 being introduced and then things don't really change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Equinox is definitely the one that killers have the easiest time manipulating spawns in, in my experience. It's also the only place I've gotten a Ghost In The Night medal, so it's a tradeoff for me.