Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo. gently caress Jolly Holiday. gently caress this stupid quest.

*does decent, contributes to team, top 1/3, wins match*

*down from 19 to 17 percent*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Don't listen to that doofus, the raids were really neat and felt really epic when they were new. It's better than WoW poo poo because you are actively engaging with the game the whole time instead of mashing hot keys and waiting for cooldowns with generic MMO gameplay.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

I love jump puzzles

Falling to your death constantly and cracking up on jump puzzles is part of the Destiny raid experience and I will be extremely sad if they don't make a return in Destiny 2. It's always fun to run through the tomb ships on an alt when you've forgotten how to use their jump.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

Separate balancing, I get the argument, but what a lovely loving reality to either have to have double the guns or be forced into reconciling two separate gun feels for a single gun and be made to adapt to range and damage changes on the fly. That legit sucks, and if inventory and Vault size weren't things, I'd be more chill with that, but I think it's a bad idea.

Pretty sure people at the D2 event said ranges felt different in pvp and pve so my hopes are probably already dashed. Whatever.

I just wish I had done Jolly Holiday when TLW was still a beast and not dogshit compared to my Eyesluna or an average pulse. The rebalancing patches have hit PVP like violent mood swings.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

That's not even the Destiny launch day bracelet from Bungie LMFAO get rekt scrub

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

Her name's Hawthorne. Efrideet appears in the Iron Temple for IB now.

Hawthorne is pretty much the ~edgelord~ of the Destiny universe. Get ready.

"Heh, you guys from the tower are coddled. But out here in the WILDERNESS etc"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Sometimes I wonder what the one guy in PvP that always enters team chat talks about.

Eh, it's the one guy who jumps in to strike chat that I'm concerned about. "Guys, we gotta shoot the thing and not die while we shoot the thing."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

That scene when he sacrifices himself and then it all turns out to be for nothing was so fuckin rad.. drat right Reach was a good game
https://youtu.be/X4jfvddi45M

What I don't understand watching something like this is... These are the same people that turned around and made Destiny. Like, the game where the only NPCs you interact with are standing around in a social space. WTF?

People definitely would have remembered the Destiny story missions a lot more fondly if you'd had Nathan Fillion or Lance Reddick or Claudia Black fighting alongside you and cracking wise along the way. There aren't even any major character deaths to sucker punch you emotionally. I think the closest to poignancy that Destiny got was the reveal of the final fate of the Iron Lords but even that was weak.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

not the same people at all

There's actually a ton of the same people, and a lot of new people too.

At least for vanilla Destiny. There's been a lot more upheaval over the course of Destiny's three years.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

Thought it looked cool, watched a gameplay vid. poo poo was like if Destiny was hopping on your Sparrow for one minute, walking across a patrol zone for three, then having to gently caress with your inventory for five. Wow no.

It's more like, hopping in the slowest sparrow for two minutes. Land for a bit and spend ten minutes or so farming resources, then managing your inventory for another five. Then you take off and fly for another two or three minutes searching in vain for one particular mineral that you need and can't seem to find anywhere even though the mineral was listed in the planet survey. Then you land again and find some minerals to mine for another ten minutes (still not finding the one that you need) and then you get shot to death by bots and eaten by aggressive squirrel crabs because gently caress you that's why.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I bought it super cheap on a sale and I still feel ripped off. It's ridiculous crap that would be fun with a streamlined inventory and like 1/5th of the grinding for materials.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
PAX loving sucks. There are too many people, not enough cool poo poo, and tickets are stupid expensive and sell out immediately. I went a few years ago and it was a totally miserable experience. I got to wait like 3 hours in line to play Titanfall and spend the rest of it crushed in with smelly fat weirdos.

PAX should have half the tickets available and use a lottery system for tickets.

At least PAX Prime, I don't know if the others are as terrible yet.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drain 001 posted:

If you can get tick... oops sold out like an hour ago. :rip:

Lol if you wait in line in the Expo Hall to play a broken version of a game on a disgusting disease sponge of a controller/kbm. There's plenty else to do.

Like what? The whole point of the event is to get suckers to part with their money in an effort to feel like old E3 (whose entire point was to hype unreleased poo poo and get people to part with their money).

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

haveblue posted:

The in-game guidance has gotten a lot better. At level 8 you should have a bunch of quests already, do what they say and it should lead to level-appropriate missions. The base game content has been retrofitted to lead you through it, Taken King has an enormous number of quests and side missions, and by then you should be ready to start tweaking gear and doing the postgame weekly ritual stuff.

There are probably some really bad people down at level 8, yeah. You can probably stay out of strikes for a while unless a quest specifically orders you to do one.

Well, I honestly think part of that is just that the old strikes were never retuned the way they did with all the y2 and y3 versions. So all the bosses in the vanilla versions are still ridiculously bullet spongey, especially the early ones like the devil walker and phogoth. I recently ran through both of those at an appropriately low level and it was a giant pain in the rear end even for an experienced player.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah Jade Rabbit is the poo poo. Did Xbox guys ever get that?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

jabro posted:

I'm two expansions behind but the collection is 50% off right now. I want to shoot some aliens but is it worth getting back in with the sequel a few months away?

At this point I recommend wiki'ing the deep lore of the most recent content expansions and just wait for the sequel. Game's dead yo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the Division is the official game of Bone Krew during the interregnum of Destiny 1 and Destiny 2

LMAO condolences friend

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Insane Totoro posted:

[KINK] Big Dum Space Mans: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Post for an invite. That is, if you like spanking the competition.

I'm pretty much done with D1 now (because I'm playing Friday the 13th constantly) but I'd be excited for a new clan. I assume once D2 is in full swing I'll no longer be able to rep Bone Krew because there will still be a stupid 100 person limit or something for your active clan. (rip)

PSN is PadreChester

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

They never said that the game was only shipping with 2 subclasses, people are just assuming that. Also, shadestep is the hunter class ability, that could've been any subclass of hunter.,

I tried to tell people ages ago that we were getting all three subclasses per class but I got made fun of for being Bartholomew Bungie's nephew. :colbert:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

According to the TWAB all 6 subclasses that have shown up so far will be available in the beta. Top skill path only, though.

This makes me thing they might be holding back the other 3.

The official Destiny word was only one subclass per class was available for the Beta. ArcstriderPoledancer Hunter, Sentinel Titan, and Dawnbringer Warlock.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

Read the TWAB.

Oh derp. The last one talking about the beta before TWAB made it sound like you'd only get the three new ones.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

super macho dude posted:

I'm inside the matrix.

e: :bungie: error code termite

yup, keep getting termite also.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

super macho dude posted:

First impressions after only playing an hour as Titan cause I gotta go to work: 4v4 seems a lot more tense but that could also have to do with the smaller map sizes. PvP is going to get sweaty as gently caress when the full game launches.

Titan is dope. Titan is good. Shield wall is good. Capt America is good. All Hail Titan :black101:

Gatling Gun sucks poo poo. Scout Rifle seems way shittier :smith: Right now, it seems Assault Rifles and Pulse Rifles will be the early game meta.

Its definitely Destiny.

Yeah, scout rifle is loving weak currently, badly needs a buff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Feels like the hunter class ability is pretty weak compared to the other two, at least in PVE. Seems like it could be more useful in PVP with the instant reload perk.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

want dat linear fusion rifle

Abilities need to charge faster. With no invisibility or blink, Arcstrider is like a unfun bladedancer. I thought Homecoming was great.

I definitely thought it was the most fun/powerful super ability I used though. Killed way more enemies with Poledancer than with the new Warlock firebird thing or the captain america Titan.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

I was skeptical as poo poo and the beta has me good to go where everyone else seemed to go from hype to pissy :allears:

I am still pretty hype for the full game but I do feel that Bungie made a Bioware esque overcorrection to their criticism that they made too much of the game available in the D1 beta. If they just wanted to offer a demo then just call it a demo then. It's silly to pretend it's a beta with this little content and this close to release. That said they've been pretty upfront that mostly this is for stress testing, and they've done several user research sessions at Bungie so I imagine most of their feedback is coming from that rather than a mostly open beta.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Zavala: "They got the Speaker!!!!"

Me, badass Guardian who has killed gods and is dressed in the spoils of Mercury, but somehow isn't in charge of this poo poo: "Who fukken cares lol, that guy sucks rear end"

Pretty sure the speaker is gonna die and Bungie thinks we'll care for some reason.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally got around to playing the strike yesterday and my power went out on the last phase of the boss lol. I liked the man cannons, the drill, and the bit where you see how much the Cabal gently caress poo poo up since Mars looked basically untouched.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Harlock posted:

Here's my incredibly effort post Destiny 2 thoughts:

I don't care for the Warlock's healing ward skill. It seems like no matter what you do - can't get people to use them, so you're just solo healing most of the time. I miss my survivability of energy shield and a self rez.

Guns feel good like they always do.

The strike might be too long / too complicated for pubbies. Killing the boss was a slog because people couldn't pick up simple mechanics like: don't stand on the hot lava floor. Also a jumping puzzle early on. People still can't do jumping puzzles for some reason. Desiny 2 should be commended for continuing the trend of all Vex strikes being poo poo, though.

The story mission was nice and long.

I wish the design aesthetic would change a little bit. Kind of tired of AR-15s in space.

I'll probably still play it because its Destiny but whatever.

Lol "jumping puzzle" hold x and then jump across several stationary platforms. What kind of mouth breather are you matching with?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The vast majority of the lore community sees Loki Crown as a contingency that was never activated.

But like, why? It's a vastly more compelling story if it's true. If the Traveler just stuck around because humanity is ~*special*~ it's just another cliched humans are the bestest story.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

what? No

The Glorious Space Orb decides that it's tired of countless millennia of running away and decides to actually grow some Slightly Smaller Space Orbs and try to fight for basically the first time in its entire existence

Of course it gets totally owned but humanity's just collateral damage in this case

That's even dumber. I don't care if the lore guys disagree, Rasputin forcing the Traveler to stay by blowing the gently caress out of it is the best interpretation of the story, and it's what I will go with until I'm directly contradicted by the Rasputin dlc for D2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

Hello, here’s a pretty neat idea for Bungie in the new social space- The Farm.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, why do we need fishing? Well, I’ll tell you. It adds a factor of fun and excitement, especially when you catch something cool. Here’s how it can be planned out

A fishing vendor, a robot with your average fishing gear and hat called FLY-F1SH3R will arrive at the pond. He sells fishing rods and bait. The bait costs glimmer or legendary marks. Of course, the legendary mark bait will be higher quality and has the potential to fish up better loot. There are 3 rods you can buy...

Tier 1 Rod- Hard Wood, breaks after 15 casts
Tier 2 Rod- Steel, breaks after 30 casts
Tier 3 Rod- Reinforced Steel, breaks after 50 casts

The rods will be unlocked via catching loot/items/fish for FLY-F1SH3R in quests. At the end of his quest line, he gives you his exotic heavy gun called “The Whalebane”, it’s a harpoon gun that holds up to 4 harpoons.

The Whalebane is an exotic heavy weapon, and it’s the only Harpoon Gun in the game. Its damage type is Arc, and its exotic perk allows for all 4 harpoons to be shot at once by holding the reload button. The harpoons will however have a decent sized spread, and do some less damage.

After the quest line, you can still fish for loot and fish. FLY-F1SH3R will still buy your fish for glimmer, which you can use to buy more bait.

To keep people motivated to fishing, there will be rare fish in the pond. These fish sell for LEGENDARY MARKS. Yes, these are worth quite a bounty and FLY-F1SH3R will gladly take them off your hands. All of your catches will be recorded in your fishing book, along with the date where you caught the fish.

The loot pool of the Pond consists of weapons (No heavy weapons), boxes of glimmer, unique consumables, and fish.

There will be 6 docks that guardians can fish off of.

So, that’s my idea. I hope you guys enjoy it :).

Just thought of another idea, fishing bounties! Such as catch 50 fish, catch a rare fish, or even catch-of-the-week bounties!

Ideas for consumables listed below-

1. Essence of Luck, increased chance of reeling in a Rare Fish

2. Essence of Power, infinite casts for the next 3 minutes

3. Essence of Fortune, increased chance of reeling in a box of glimmer

4. Essence of Venture, increased chance of reeling in a quest item (stops dropping after fishing quest line is finished)

I'm going to make a clan called Fat Anglers Group (FAG) for those who want to join

This owns. I wanna be a FAG.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think I'll just keep repping Bone Krew on PS4, thanks.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Picked up the most important fall release related to Destiny this afternoon.

https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Offi...y+coloring+book

:getin:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

I feel like they could make a killing with a 'customize your own guardian' figure site

Yeah. I got the McFarlane figures pre-ordered but if I could get my own guardian custom made I would do that instead.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Like I'm glad after breaking free from the MS yoke they did something besides making Halo with the serial numbers filed off but like, did they play games in the meantime? Did they learn things from their experiences making Halo? How far up their own asses did they go in making Destiny I wonder?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUNKOS posted:

Employee reviews on Glassdoor complain that a lot of the design leads at Bungie are arrogant and shoot down suggestions while bragging about how they made Halo and don't need to listen to someone lower on the company ladder telling them how to improve things so yeah, they're just up their own asses. Reading what it's like to work at that studio pretty much confirms a lot of the speculation people have had about why things are so slow and keep going wrong. I feel sorry for the teams who dedicate so much time to crunch only to have some idiot walk in at the end and say to scrap it all and start again because it doesn't fit their vision.

Yeah, just listening to anything that comes out of Luke Smith's mouth is enough to confirm that. It's too bad because Destiny is fantastic in a lot of ways but I'm really skeptical that it will be able to pull me away from PUBG at all and I'm considering cancelling my console pre-order and just sticking with the PC version of D2 at this point. RIP my PS4 character I guess.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

AAB posted:

bone krew has a ps4 member

Please do not kick me out of the bone krew, it's cool as hell to see "bone krew" pop up on my dude in the PS4 version of the game. Tia

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Uhh unless I'm doing something wrong, you can't have a separate clan for different platforms. That kinda sucks because I wanted to clan up with the GPS PC clan. But I don't want to be robbed of having "Bone Krew" on my PS4 guardian. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Legs Benedict posted:

""Players that have Destiny accounts on more than one platform can have each account be in the same Clan or in different Clans."

Could not see any way to make it happen on bungie.net unless the group -> clan thing functions differently now.

Also possible 60 GPS has not turned into a clan yet? Get on that poo poo PC goons we've only got *checks watch* 2 whole months to go!

e: It's also possible clan search isn't working yet.