Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nerf guns confirmed for Destiny 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did someone say shiny warlocks?

How about fabulous titans

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probs play on PC and PS4, text chat is to good to pass up.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the good fax machine posted:

:vince:

e WAIT since when is cheesefactory Bone Krew?!

He's on both sides for some reason.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5reeuarp6g4

Interesting look at the armor, additional defense at the cost of mobility.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well we saw a freaky looking knight dude in the trailer and the vex seemed to be a bit remodeled along with some new attacks like the minotaur having a laser beam

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Need to know more on nightstalker, flippy lightning staff does gently caress all for me, Nightstalker is the only hunter class I enjoy and play 90% of the time unless the raid needs a celestial.

Cause Titans Captain America shield and warlocks buff wells look drat cool for support.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if bosses still have melee attacks at close range, cause if they do it makes pole dancer hunter that much more useless.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I just wanna see the void bow is all, I'm cool with defender being captain america now though given the use ward of dawns in the intro I assume its there somewhere, perhaps without the buffs since warlocks have those rifts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I bet there were like 40 whole people who used this for anything other than cheesing stuff

Can I cheese my 25 guardian kills for a sword?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

I have no idea because I ain't a cheese baby

:smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So on the subject on the game that's still out, does anyone know which WOTM boss drops gloves?

I need spliced ones to complete the set, apparently a full spliced set and the normal ones doesn't count.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 21, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenriverninja posted:

siege engine aka death zamboni

Shiet.

Guess I'll save my keys for him then.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like the white witch red death.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I need a titan and a warlock with the engine to do my outbreak, did the first part so far.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could I get one piece of loving armor from Crota's End :argh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

Well, you are going to get a good sample of "Fun in Destiny" from Crota's rear end.

Nice.

And I got 3 pieces on my titan, figures, I just wanted some warlock ones.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Why would anyone actually care about their face when you're going to be wearing your robot helmet all the time. I busted my rear end for this robot helmet, I'm not enabling Remove Helmet in the tower. gently caress that!

Only dinguses wear helmets indoors. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Windu posted:

also the last time I played auto rifles were bad. Is that still the case or is there a good one, and if so which ones are good?

I'm having moderate success with the WOTM AR in crucible.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Auto rifles are competitive until you start playi people who can 3 tap you with a palindrome.

Or have some trials pulse that melts me whenever I come across it.

I don't remember the name but I couldn't do poo poo to the guy with it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It was either a Messenger (y1 high impact) or Blind Perdition (y3 hawksaw type)

The 2nd one, that was it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

Moving game rules to the server side means that put a stop to many ways to glitchs in raids.

We will still see sometimes a raid breaking, because a raid script can have a bug, and whatever that affected scripts breaking localside may still happens serverside, but it will be a more rare occurrence.

i don't think this will stop most ways to cheese raids, because they where based on logic, only the kneeing Crota was based on the netcode architecture.

Does that mean poo poo like the teleporting ogres will stop to?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

I'd rather opposite, gently caress the flaming garbage fire that PvP has been in this game, its never been good and its only gotten worse as the years have gone by, I honestly pine for the days of 2 tap thorn and Felwinters lie at this point, there's also how PvP changes affect PvE as well, that pisses me off the most, just keep that poo poo separate.

Sincerely hope they have the tiniest possible skeleton crew working on PvP poo poo for D2 and that they learned to keep balance changes separate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEf3qMxoPK4

I had no idea he could do that. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

Crota is know to do whatever the hell please sometimes. Like, I have seen him walking on the other side of the crystal.

You mean the crystal inside the room you're supposed to be safe in?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

He is not supposed to do that, but Crota is alive and have his own sentiments, that sometimes he shows. Is not just a raid mechanism.

That's deep.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They'll integrate the twilight garrison dodge into their skill tree.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was funny that they showed off a cool shield for Titan, a sword for Warlock and Hunter just gets bladedancer but with a pole now.

Maybe a crossbow void bow or something, that be neat, dual wielding pew pew with smaller tethers maybe.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

They seem to bringing some parity to the supers, or the ones we've seen so far anyway. Everyone gets a roaming ae effect and everyone gets a roaming shooty effect.

Roaming is probably going to be pretty important because you'll only have four enemies available to kill and will have to run all over the place to find them. :v:

That and trying to remove all the broken poo poo I guess since warlock will never get the self rez back

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Odds are Destiny was planned as something much bigger than we got and they where forced to release it as it was.

And odds are Destiny 2 will have a lot of stupid poo poo that people are going to absolutely hate that will wind up getting rolled back or changed just in time to gently caress everything up again for The Taken Rasputin or whatever.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like the funny destiny lore, like how standing on the table on the tower is canon along with guardians being assholes that kill people and scavenge while dancing and doing sparrow stunts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wow that's kinda cool actually. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Vanilla destiny?

:discourse:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

ya I wanted it to be good, but it just wasnt!!!

im willing to admit something is bad, other people there just wanted to justify a bad purchase

But guys can romance the angaran now.

Clearly its better now right?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Woke titan right there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Destiny 2 raids are more like WOTM.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Better than KF and Crota. :shrug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know you fellas are retarded, you don't need to keep hammering that point home guys.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We have some different tools at our disposal for Destiny 2 because of the way we’ve built the weapons. We’re actually going to be able to do some different types of modifications to weapons, where in Destiny 1 we largely modified whole archetypes in large balance patches. Let’s say Clever Dragon, the high rate-of-fire pulse rifle, is really powerful in the current meta, we’re going to hit all high rate-of-fire pulse rifles. In Destiny 2, if we have a weapon that is a specific infractor, we’ll have the ability to go in and just touch that.

Thank gently caress.

http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

They already kinda walked that all back in ttk though.

Hive are servants of worms that worship the darkness. Taken are cunts too.

Fallen are just rear end in a top hat space refugees who got rekt by civil war. Siva fallen are space-isis.

No one knows what the vex actually are except they show up and kill poo poo and build machines in tunnels and want something.

Cabal are conquering assholes possibly running from something but not necessarily super evil but we bumped em heaps.

I do like though how they hinted at this coming in ttk with the stuff from the intercepted cabal transmissions from ttk. Cabal intel talked about zombies getting up and looting their dead and then doing sick nasty sparrow tricks and dancing. Then we hosed up their soldiers trying to kill oryx and now their boss is like wtf?

How much more could they have juiced from the stranger and the queen? Oh yeah one works for osiris probably and uses vex tech and yeah the queen passed out from her spirit bomb but shes just sleepin it off in the throne room but they dont have the light so the cabal dont care.

Im going to guess the Osiris expansion is partly taken from the "vex void" expansion announced in the original roadmap and the rasputin one is going to be more siva/fallen stuff.

There's some poo poo in an interview where it states that Gaius is apparently the Cabal emperor and consults with something that talks to him. I bet its a ghost from another dimension or something.