Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Game good, game fun, that's my detailed review.

Hoping they start selling absurdly ostentatious auras, sparrows and ships on eververse so I can assert dominance in pvp with :20bux:

Frame rate feels a bit smoother to me than beta? Ps4pro here.

New scuf arrives tonight :neckbeard: hard mapping scoreboard to the fourth paddle so I can compare my score to Javes at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

I hope he takes Bright Dust because even after buying Book of the Dead for 800 and some stacks of one of the shaders I have 2600+ still because it's mainly what my Bright Engrams contain :negative:

Just gimme an Exotic ship and emote to go with the Sparrow, please.

Exotic ship is poo poo. Same model as legendary, nothing special.

Exotic sparrow oth... dope rear end flame trail :whatup:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You can also murderize the last boss if you stack triple arc supers and just pound his poo poo down when arc burn comes online. Skips basically the entire final portion of the fight.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Random minor trials tip: run all arc weapons. They're the most dangerous supers you can stop.

Iron banana next month, wonder how poo poo the matchmaking and/or connections will be

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That's an old pic from beta I think.

Anyway, Better Devils loving owns. It's the first hand cannon I've picked up that felt right, every other one has felt off in one way or another.

Sounds awesome, seems to actually shoot bullets where I point them, explosive rounds mean non crits in pve are worth a poo poo (leveraging the solid hipfire accuracy better than non explosive hcs).

Probably trash in pvp again, but I'll try it later :eng99:

I have another Suros HC that's also extremely stable and accurate, but my feeling so far is HCs are just badly outclassed due to the range band they operate in. Laser accurate 450rpm ARs at close-mid and Mida everywhere at long range, plus the handful of people running Lincoln Green or its equivalents.

Regardless, if you stumble across this, put down your Nameless Midnight for a few minutes and blast some aliens with it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Warlock jumps are awful, jfc.

Normally I'd be sympathetic, but you stole Weapons of Light and Blessing of Light and Twilight Garrison, so suffer :mad:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hi I'm back playing this terrible game again.

Pubbies still real bad at pvp, came off a year long break and a break in my thumb and killed lots. If you aren't playing this game with a super scuf, bone elite or m/kb you doin it wrong.

Looking forward to random loot from Destiny 2: Bungie has Forsaken Destiny 2 for Destiny 1.

Or alternately, Destiny 2: Cayde-6 died for Bungie's sins.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Looking at Curse of Osiris from a first time experience like 'this is just a small destination planet with a few quests and some Vex to shoot', Curse is ok

Looking at it as the first 'expansion' after the D2 launch, man people must have been loving pissed :v:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

Why do people keep saying stupid poo poo

I mean

That's basically the essence of Destiny in one line

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

qbert posted:

- No Trials at all for the entirety of S4. They need to figure out how to make it not terrible again.

Trials basically killed the game for my group at launch so... Good. (I mean, systemic issues with pvp and the game at large obviously, but when finishing flawless makes your whole team quit playing you know something is really, really hosed)

quote:

- All planet tokens are going away, there's just mats only. Lots of legendaries will require specific planet mats to infuse now.

:stonklol:

... Said group was making jokes last night about them including something this stupid

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Roman posted:

Why is it stupid? I don't understand. Tokens were always dumb. Why am I finding Chuck E Cheese coins in the forgotten chest of an ancient space temple? Are they candy medallions the wascally Fallen stole from Devrim's fridge? They should have always been mats.

And making specific planet mats needed for upgrades gives people a reason to go to every planet once in a while and keeps them populated. Needing to go to certain places for certain mats is standard for every RPG/RPG-ish game and even if they're not making a full on crafting system, it's good the mats are actually needed for something other than just dumping into a talking slot machine.

Tokens were always dumb for anything but maybe events like IB or crucible and I'm glad they're being dumped

It's not the token part at all, don't care about those, it's exactly the forcing people to planets to farm spinmetal part that we were talking about

Fun Things in Destiny:

[X] Shooting Dudes
[X] Shootin More Dudes
[ ] Harvesting Spinmetal in an efficient loop to power up your gun so you can shoot dudes

Now if they're smart and give you bundles of planetary materials for doing other stuff on that planet (pvp/strikes set on that planet), or let you exchange some other resource for them (glitter etc), cool.

Bungie, being smart, will surely include some such method.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'd be happy with some randoms who could clear wave 1 so I can knock out these starter quests :cripes:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There any standout pvp titan exotics from the expansions? Don't have all the originals yet but everything I do have feels tepid as hell

Mile'ionaha posted:

I never played D1 and that gun looks and (mechanically) sounds awesome, how did it work out in practice?

One of the most stylish and powerful weapons in the game for a brief time

It was ludicrously powerful in pvp before they nerfed it, look up some old vids on YouTube to witness the hilarity of a 3sk full auto weapon

Also magnificent was Pocket Infinity, a full auto fusion rifle that restored ammo on misses

D1 pvp veered from one broken gun to the next, it was grand

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I want my loving Jolders Hammer back

And tlw

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

4s in a game built around 3s and 6s sucks

This slightly annoys me about gambit as well

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

These loving EP drop rates :mad:

(mostly want them cuz I love warmind themed poo poo :v:)

Has anyone seen anything about year 2 armor as far as intrinsic perks? Basically wondering if I can roleplay a warsat or Vex in Y2 or if I need to use Y2 armor because it'll be inherently better.

Or they could add cosmetic slots but lol that's never happening.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

HEAVY MACHINE GUNS BOYS

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rampaged through a full EP with shotgun / pulse / whisper.

Basically used shotgun the whole time, and rally barricade let me spam whisper like a moron.

Bosses died so fast.

Good patch :allears:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

pvp is good and fun again

SBMM is poo poo, was poo poo, will always be poo poo, is eternally and forever the dumbest loving poo poo

Getting matched against players from Japan, good job Bungie.

CBMM only, ever

Some games you're a monster, some games you get poo poo on. Sometimes you're up against team stacks, sometimes you're up against lemmings with controllers. But your shots register. And you can have a good time while relaxing or tryharding.

I'm fine with SBMM in explicitly sweaty playlists, gently caress I'll even take it in IB, but keep it the gently caress out of my quickplay when I just want to dick off with stupid builds and play with my friends, not quaff a fine flagon of loving mountain redmonster spiked with adderall Every loving Match.

That's my Reddit post for the day. Bring on Forsaken, new perks on weapons and guns are awesome, hunting perfect guns is awesome, building broken pvp setups is awesome.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I don't care if I own or get owned, I just don't want people to be teleporting all the place because of bad connections

I shield bashed through several people last night

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ran out of medals last night with suros and ikelos smg, just got it a few days ago, that thing loving rips. Also 10 resil real good.

Still struggling to get a feel for what non TIESTO fusion is worth using.

Also lol @ how bad my map instincts are from bailing on the game from launch until this month. Gonna take awhile to get my feet again.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mikey-San posted:

Anyone using West of Sunfall 7? It feels great.

I really like the way the 180 HCs feel, they're so easy to use.

With no TLW I gotta have some fast firing HC to fill the void :sweatdrop:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Invade with sleeper = guaranteed triple/quad kill

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

I just want a bow and arrow with explosive arrows. Okay?

Yes

And yes

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

As someone that really had to talk myself into getting forsaken mainly because of the bow... I now totally regret my purchase. Infusing into my favorite costume was literally my favorite part of destiny 2 and one of the primary reasons I was playing. I can't believe I just blew 70 dollars on forsaken and the year 2 annual pass just for them to !@#$ something like this up again. Its like they don't know how to leave well enough alone! They fix a handful of things and then break or mess up 20 things that were working fine and didn't need to be touched! The amount of shards and planetary resource requirements were ditched when d2 launched for a reason! No one liked the way it worked in d1 with going around and getting planetary resources, thats why it was removed. Also, the amount of shards to infuse is straight up crazy now. Seriously devs, at least release a freaking costume system if you are going to jack up the cost of infusions this much! (I haven't played forsaken yet by the way in case they patched this I am going off of the pre release inventory adjustment patch)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

el B posted:

More! More!

Let's discuss how there's no discount on Forsaken or the Annual Pass for people that own D2 plus the first two expansions. I'd like to play Forsaken, but I'm not paying full price after already paying full price for all year one content, and year one was largely a disappointment and Bungie knows that. poo poo, I don't think it's too much to ask for a $10-$20 discount for players that supported D2 for what was mostly a miserable year one. Sorry but I'm just not doing it. Hope you all enjoy Forsaken. I'll jump in when it's on sale.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spiv posted:

MORE!

I suppose i'm the only one whose less than thrilled (to put it mildly) about suddenly having my guns shifted around and having to completely alter my play-style. I'm pretty salty at having my game randomly move backwards. Bounties that have to be picked up rather than be always available, grinding for planetary materials, and not being able to use the guns I'd used for the entire 1st year of destiny 2. speaking as someone who actually liked D2 for what it was, i'm really disappointed.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Boo, not enough salt on reddit, I can't find more quality shitposts to copy.

Gonna poopsock this long weekend. Anyone know if drops are based on highest light SEEN or OWNED? (ie if I dismantle a higher light crap item in my inv will it still give me higher rewards later)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://youtu.be/vnGb4_Oo1yA

:vince:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

All blue life for the next day or two

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I’m keeping and using all my yr1 gear because the random rolls to me suck rear end on the gear no exciting perks on them for me so I’m sticking with my yr1 raid armor and just gonna use yr 2 mods

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gently caress me this expac is good

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Many many guns good in pvp now

Pvp good now

My rush melee in pvp REAL FUKKEN BAD

I have no idea why. It's not lag (much, rare teleporting duder on the other team, nbd). I'm just loving whiffing hard with shoulder charges and sentinel/striker bashes.

Normal melee seems ok, but jesus gently caress, I shoulder charged through multiple people over the last several nights.

Wonder how IB will be. Wonder if 540-550 light will let you two tap people with a 110 HC.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Run strikes with bros, pop boons, get 1+ legendary per strike

(I mean, don't run strikes, play pvp, but if you are running strikes, do that)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Played an IB match against a clan with 580 light dudes in it :stare:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mr. Kurtz posted:

There is a knife for you. It is shaped liked [Edge Transit].

This needs more love

BlindSite posted:

Furiosa
Inmost

gently caress you

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Got an opening shot snapshot ib sniper

Only catch is the fixed scope, so the two other snapshot snipers I have may still be better not sure

I don't really use them outside comp though, why bother when I can use one of my ten insane sidearm rolls and kill apes all day :v:

(related, fix fusion scavenger damnit bungie, need to make more apes rage quit in comp with TIESTO)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

Anyone in here done he lunas howl quest?

I'm an average Pvp guy that usually solo queues, how difficult is it gonna be?

The kills doesnt seem that tricky but the rank bit seems tough. How soon before I blow my brains out in frustration?

Do not solo queue luna

Seriously

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wish Ender and Malfeasance

Now to relax and... grind comp for Lunas Howl

... gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Been sitting on a stable of extremely well rolled fusions for them to fix fusion scavenger - they did, 3 bolts per brick is heaven.

If you're a veteran fusion user from D1, dig out those scavenger mods and give them a try again, the casual shotgun apes have absolutely no idea how to handle a weapon that can kill them if they blindly rush you, special ammo is basically endless, and you can kill any primary at short-medium range (conveniently where all the luna/trust users are sitting).

Only took a few games for people to start pulling out fusions to... counter? annoy? revenge? me (I don't get this, and they were real bad with them :shrug:)

Ignoring Telesto (which is probably still what I'll use most of the time in comp), a very well rolled Erentil or Main Ingredient can do some work. Backup Plan is the primo perk but there are several others that are really nice - under pressure, high impact reserves, tap the trigger, moving target, and quickdraw if you don't have backup plan.

You want Liquid Coils and/or high impact reserves to get consistent 4/5 bolt kills (Erentil/MI respectively). Interestingly Charge Time masterwork does not seem to affect damage, but I'm not certain that's true if you pass certain CT thresholds, I haven't fully masterworked the one I have CT on.

I favor Icarus Grip for aerial zaps, but I can see the argument for targeting adjuster or counterbalance, the impact of those is probably pretty minor, I have a hard time noticing more than icarus anyway. I did put a Freehand on a ridiculous hipfire Proelium, but that's mostly a gimmick, even with every accuracy/stability hipfire mod it's too many bolts to kill with no aim assist if you hipfire it. Not bad with a quickdraw primary though.

One last thing I want to try is Merciless with the catalyst, but I haven't unlocked it fully yet. I doubt it'll compete with Telesto, but may as well test it.

TLDR: Use a good sidearm or shotgun, they're easier to use, sidearms won't leave green bricks and counter shotguns fine, chaperone is amazing and you can use it with your luna/NF.