Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

Apparently warlock and titan skating are both gone. Congrats to all the giant pussies who mained hunters crying about skating you got your wish.

I'll miss skating, on the other hand the game cannot have people just go "bunny hop" in a game that is purposefully slow and where it's relatively difficult to even strafe around to avoid splash damage from missiles. This is not quake.

They either had to keep both blink bladecancers and titan skating (and build pvp on it, therefore rebuilding the whole pve around that kind of mobility) or just complete the nerf to mobility and remove skating.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

The laat thread was already getting aids. We had to cut out the corruption.

You just had to wait until christmas to declare victory, in the meanwhile you could have mocked the people talking about their ryzens with 32gb of ram and 15 minutes crucible waiting queue.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Saying "Destiny PC Thread" in front of a mirror three times make your virginity last one year longer.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hope it's at least an extra pull or something as that's a good idea

That would be a good idea, at least to keep competent/decent players in the raiding pool after tuesday night.

Still guided activities might fix nightfalls for most people but I seriously doubt that it would fix "raiding" for people who don't have those 3 contiguous hours (and a room where you are able to shout obscenities in a mic) to dedicate to raiding. Oh well, at least there will still be those solo dungeons and more dlc and poo poo.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

LMFAO if there is no mic requirement

and also :rip: endgame PVE

What? People who scheduled raids for three years will still schedule.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH AHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

loving Bungie

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

PS4 doesn't need a vocal pride movement.

#xboxlivematters

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Owl Sector event from a year ago

Outbreak Prime

e: sorry guys I think I am dying

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I want (suros) tank racing.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I just hope you can pick the element of your energy gun independent of the gun itself. It's loving annoying to have to carry 3 separate good fusion rifles for elemental cover.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Apparently only normal mode nightfall will use matchmaking, heroic mode nightfall won't.

Fart.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Normal and Heroic nightfalls? idgi

Let me guess. Heroic is the true Destiny experience and the other is a bone thrown to the brown sea but it will just be a strange coins dispenser?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

No reviving in Nightfall sounds terrible, who wants to be the guy deciding whether to spend 15 minutes soloing an encounter or kill yourself and start over with all 3.

All that effort for an activity that rewards strange coins lmao

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

Maybe, probably? IIRC didn't they refresh icons between the beta and launch of D1, and then again with TTK?

They refreshed and sometimes fixed many icons in year one.
Every single expansion brought many little ui changes together with qol changes (not commendations though, got behind with commendations because I wanted to level up different factions) and it was good.
Also

The Meat Dimension posted:

The reddits asked for vanilla Destiny and that is the experience we seek to provide!!1!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2: Friendship ended with CIRCLE; now DIAMOND is my best friend

Rip circle.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FishBulb posted:

Are people reading both threads?!? Why?!?

The pc thread will just be relevant after a couple of weeks from launch and only for 3 months, so :justpost:

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 21, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

You had one job Tei

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Rap Sheet Warlus

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Two interesting interviews about Destiny 2

Luke Smith
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/destiny-2-lead-luke-smith-we-want-to-unhide-the-fun-of-destiny-w482878

Steve Cotton (more about adventures and "lost sectors")
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/destiny-2-world-director-on-adventures-lost-sectors-w483358

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

One of the worst things about the Destiny 2 reveal was the confirmation that people will no longer get angry and call you a human being.

Did they decide to not publish the game in Russia?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Destiny 2 will be the Japanese Kirby of fps games.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
No, don't!!!!
(Your enormous dick could get stuck inside the disc ring or console)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I won't, cross my heart and hope to die.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
http://gamermalaya.my/en/world-of-warcraft-tokens-price-spikes-following-destiny-2-announcement/

quote:

WoW Tokens are special currency that can be used to extend your WoW subscription or sell for gold (in-game currency). It can also be exchanged for Blizzard Balance to buy games or other premium items. As detailed in the FAQ here, Blizzard Balance can be used to buy Destiny 2, and players have started investing on WoW Tokens due to this.

These Tokens are available for purchase with both gold or real money. As such, the price in gold can fluctuate due to high demand. The European realm reached up to 251,000 gold per token, with North America spiking up to 140,000.

LoL... I mean oh WoW!!!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Or maybe not. A game with a lot of DLC's have a time, quality and quantity advantage.

Also Destiny endgames are usually tiny. Nightfalls, Raid and Osiris.

Oh, the activities also known as "Strange Coins Generator because gently caress You, that's why", "The only good activity but it refuses to help people with small groups and too limited time to progress", and "Mode for either idiot Sperglords or maybe non idiot Sperglords insanely good players".

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Games > Destiny 2 Console Thread: Console Gamers already hate this game

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Blackfyre posted:

Right I'm coming back after a hiatus and the dust has settled. Whats the consensus on D2 then, are the old gang still gonna be playing D2 or does it look real lovely.

I am going to play it on PS4 if anything because my buddy
is still going to be on it. Dude saved my interest in destiny because patrols and grind used to become boring soon. Game looks dope anyway, loved the strike and loved the first mission they showed.

Blackfyre posted:

Have a lot of people now decided to play it on the PC. What do people think of the use of Battle.net?

Better alternative than Steam.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

im bad at all of it

you are also bad at posting!!!!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I want to put myself in a coma and wake up when Destiny 2 comes out.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

I would like to see a little more randomness added to raids and strikes. Most of the time after 2 or 3 play throughs I can play drunk as hell and have no worries doing my thing because I know where to stand and when and where enemies come from and when and how many.

With "randomness" do you mean the number of shielded snipers and nerfs to good encounters right? Because that is what has happened to updated y1 strike (that Vex black garden strike from fun and quick and an orb factory became slow and annoying) and Heroic SABER for a long time was unfinishable with pubbies.

Bungie is good as designing and tuning one version of a strike. Random variations? Not so much.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Alteisen posted:

Could I get one piece of loving armor from Crota's End :argh:

Well, you are going to get a good sample of "Fun in Destiny" from Crota's rear end.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

That is guaranteed fun, unlike Destiny where it's RNG.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

I kept an NA3D1 from HoW (still best scout anywhere for its base stats alone),

Base stats and name. "NA3D1 Salvation State". Sounds like a Jamaican music group mimicking a religious cult.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Red Bars Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Iron Banner Like Nigga Close Your Activity Haha

-- somebody, somewhere; maybe.

Lol

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The uncommon OG Queen's Wrath weapons and gently caress Bungie for not resurrecting the queen's guard ship.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Duke posted:

You can still get the Queens ship from the rep packages

Oohhhh thaaanks gently caress, good to know.
Was it reintroduced with RoI?

Thanks for giving me a dragon to chase (even if that means to kill taken in patrols).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Wow really? You might be the only person in the world with those

My destiny is to be destiny's garbage collector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

That is obsolete because blues get you up to 385, purples to 390 and gently caress you packages to 400.