Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do I turn in Call to Arms? It's at 100%.

Javes posted:

Reddit is losing its poo poo over the shader thing lol

lol

e: Oh its bugged, it's 100% plus one more game.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well now that I turned that in I think I'm not doing Crucible with less than four people ever again. Every game I had a k/d of 1.5 to 4, except one game had two to three times the captures, recoveries, etc. Only won once. :argh:

Are heavy machine guns like Thunderlord still a thing? I miss it.

e: My reward was a second Actium plate, gently caress. Well I can break the old one down for shards I guess. No reason to infuse it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 7, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sexpig by night posted:

I love my big flaming sword angel warlock but I also am real into my captain america robot lady. There's too much good poo poo here.

I can't decide if I like STARS AND STRIPES or HULK SMASH more. :allears:

I do know that I like every other melee more than shoulder charge (rip shoulder charge) and the only reason I'm keeping in that one code is for the double lightning grenades, which are still awesome and still getting stuck on the weirdest drat geometry.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Someone asked in discord but no one answered, what do the white icons on the patrol maps mean? I'm standing on a cross one according to it but there's nothing in the area.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks guys, got the chest.

I also hit level 1 rep in the EDZ but it won't let me get the engram until level 20 lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of which is Rasputin involved in the plot at all? A y/n will do.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How long is the raid, since apparently people have already done it? I don't have the time to play I used to have. Still one to two hours? Are there checkpoints like the Oryx one?

xzzy posted:

Also never ever jump, jumping is extremely floaty in this game and makes you a predictable easy target.

Dodge class skills are useless for the same reason.

Yeah, I noticed pretty quickly that I get gunned down immediately if I jump at any time except when they're right on top of me to start with. Strafe and catapult jumps feel really off to me on a Titan now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 7, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ReverendDre posted:

Guess it's time for this again:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Q3FizxJUM

But please stay on the ground, we all thank you

Sure but in Destiny 2 as it is I just assume anyone aerial's a free kill and so far I've been right. I especially like it when someone using the Fist of Havoc didn't learn their lesson about doing it without Superman in Destiny 1.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 7, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With machine guns and Thunder order gone I hope there's an exotic auto rifle that makes explosions on kill. I'd use it with that exotic chest that reloads over time. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there any pvp maps with vehicles or did they just remove them entirely from it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fedelm posted:

Catching up on posts.

This was answered but also: when I heard our gear wasn't going to carry over from D1, at first I thought the Cabal were going to attack and destroy everything while the Guardians were all taking a shower. Then when it turned out you were fully armored and fighting and then Ghaul kicked you off the tower, I assumed the descent to the ground turned you into some kind of meteorite and your stuff just burned off down to the last shader. You're lucky there was any armor left.

I see myself and other players -- and to an extent my three characters -- as living in alternate universes. An effect of our light is that we can see the alternate Guardians running around and sometimes work with them, but NPCs only see one (except for Shaxx, I guess. Maybe that's his talent). The Tower and Farm are particularly places of power because the sense of community makes our light stronger.

It was very moving and drove the point home for me. Beaten and limping away from my old home after having worked so hard to defend it in the last game. We could lose everything, at any time.

Even the new descriptions for my destroyed starting armor added to that desolate feeling. "These greaves are unused to retreat" or something. I was so glad to hear my Ghost calling me.

All three of my Guardians look almost exactly the same, except slightly angrier around the eyes. As though poo poo got real now that the Tower is invaded.

On a similar note, Ghost sounds kind of different too, like his voice is heavier and has an edge to it. Still humorous but less light-hearted, I guess? poo poo got real for him too, he really thought he lost me.

Yes I would like some fries.

I thought the intro was cool because feels aside, battle damage and seeing your stuff get hosed up is fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Terrific Accident posted:

PVP is such a miserable experience in this game that it's amazing to me that anyone actually becomes decent at it.

Don't make my mistake; play in a team. You will (probably) not be good enough to carry three pubbies on your back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

But all the guardian logos are triangles! Noooo

Super No Vacancy posted:

they shouldve given me an emblem for getting carried to the lighthouse

It should be one set of footprints.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

eonwe posted:

someone tell me about their favorite exotic and also maybe their favorite thing they've done in the game

My favorite exotic so far is the auto rifle-loading chestplate. I used some lovely blue AR and without reloading killed three dudes, then was ready to stomp them again without even needing to reload. My favorite thing is doing that, then using my mighty fist to shut down two enemies using their alt and having Shaxx blow his load over it.

I lost that game though because my teammates couldn't kill anyone and didn't understand what Control is, but it still felt pretty good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I have no idea what any of this means.

Week 2: Kill poo poo get loot
Week 3: Kill poo poo get loot
Week 4: Someone handholds you while you kill poo poo get loot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I spent $25 on silver and I got some cool stuff

I won't do that but I am glad you got something neat

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do upgrade points work after level 20? Just do adventures to get more?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow I suck a lot at Countdown.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limaCAT posted:

Details on the first DLC appeared already on the Microsoft store.

Title
Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris

Story
Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a day ark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey.

Features
- Explore Mercury and its mysterious "Infinite Forest"
- New story missions and adventures
- New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- New cooperative activities
- New competitive multiplayer arenas

Oh hey, on the first mission on Nessus you can find a little yellow conflux that Dinklebot tells you says something about endless...tress? Or maybe "forest".

I'm glad that it's going to do more weird stuff because I was talking with other people playing and it feels like they tried to put things more down to Earth in D2 and it's a little more boring for it. The actual gameplay outcome of the Taken isn't great but Oryx and his weird-rear end space magic and 'sword logic' was cool, as was going through time and space to punch a robot in the balls while using a dead guy as Captain America's Shield or killing a guy, killing his soul, then killing his soul's soul (which is a planet inside the soul dimension of screaming monsters). The Cabal are just space marines/XCOM Mutons and the funnest thing about them, that they're stuck in Space Vietnam and the grunts want to go home but Space Nixon won't let them, largely has gotten lost because of the Red Legion.

I think D2's biggest failing so far is they're basically doing a reset on everything on Destiny 1.

e: Also it sucks not being able to replay whatever mission whenever.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 8, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The Traveler visited them at some point and built them up just like humans however it bolted the second it sensed "THE DARKNESS" coming. The event was called "The Whirlwind". They've been chasing the Traveler to get it back ever since. This was never explained in game during Destiny 1.

It was but only briefly and obliquely. They refer to the Traveler as "The Great Machine" and worship the servitors and orbs and poo poo because of it.

Some of the Oryx raid gear has lines about various Kell freaking out as Oryx fucks their poo poo because the Traveler ran.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

4v4 will be the death of casual drop in PvP. Everyone will only play once they have a full 4, and it will never be like D1 where you could roll with 2 or 3 in control and have a reasonable chance of winning.

Yeah you can tell within like three games that if you don't have a full squad you're loving yourself.

I'm looking forward to some clan pvp this weekend!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 8, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hulk Krogan posted:

And here we were afraid they would change things from Destiny 1.

I'm pleased to report lightning grenades still get caught on and aim towards the most implausible of geometries.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are there alternate lines later in the game if you import your save, like for the first time you meet The Taken?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Soulex posted:

Wtf is the clan function?

You get prizes based on how good at the game other members are and also your clan gets a Sherpa Rating for how good you are at handholding pubbies.

The Clan Roster seems to be broken right now.

How many PS4 clans are we at? I'm in Biggest Dumbest Space Men, with 47 members, but I thought it was full up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So in Crucible I hit a team of three with a rocket point blank that didn't even take their shields off.

I need less lovely weapons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hit level 20, got four purps immediately because of rep items just playing normally, and made my Titan's mighty shoulder pads shiny and pinkish purple. Nebula Rose is a great shader.

I might make my Sparrow blindingly purple too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Republicans posted:

The Coldheart is hands-down my favorite new gun. It's just so satisfying to use, especially on beefier enemies. Also just picked up The Prospector but who's gonna waste their exotic slot on a power weapon?

I used to do that a lot with machine guns and the ruin wings but now, hell no.

e: Oh cool shaders work on space ships so that can be obnoxious and blindingly purple too

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 9, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darth Windu posted:

IS this game out yet

No sorry

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feenix posted:

2 things related to teleportation:

1) has anyone else noticed that PVE enemies jump around sometimes? (Not like, an ability such as Fallen Captains, but even fatty Cabal dudes.) They just... jump about 10 meters. Feels like a bug.

2) what's the deal when fighting big bads or whatever, and the screen goes white and you get teleported into the sky and fall or whatever...

That's an ability some enemies have. The public event boss Fallen Servitor things do it a lot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes and the pro move is to get one to a hilarious number and then stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i21peNth_dA&t=13s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

ok real talk have you guys had an issue with matches not ending in a points victory or whatever?

I played some crucible last night and had matches where we just rain a loving train, everyone's efficiency numbers on our team were 3.5-5, other team below 1, and still didn't get a points victory in clash and instead won by time running out

It feels weirdly tuned

I've curbstomped and been curbstomed and it's never gotten close.

quote:

They're going for 4v4 to break into the esport scene which means Bungie will be catering to that scene and QOL issues/fixes for us normies will be a far second priority. I've worked in the esport/streaming scene for three years now and some of the most popular orgs are already setting aside budget and scouting players. It's likely going to be successful as well. I'm not going to reveal too much as a lot of it is still being worked out but it's a major reason that Bungie and Activision signed a contract a few years back. They'll be piggybacking off the infrastructure currently being created for Overwatch which is NOT a good thing because unlike Overwatch D2 actually has potential be an esport, especially if streamers jump on it like they did with PUBG.

God drat I hate esports.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ps, my ghost shell says "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on Solar weapon kills." Is this rep? what does this mean?

It's rep.

I got a crucible ghost that has a chance to give me a second rep item every match, which seems way better.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So since I've maxed out Code of the Protector that's that for that branch right? It's at its maximum and I can't do anything else? That seems pretty underwhelming compared to all the stuff you could get for everything in D1 (even if half of that was sort of lame). It's cool I can get the Ward of Dawn again but it sets to Armor of Light, and you can't modify that at all. There were three options for that in D1, for example.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol right after using my shader on a piece of legendary armor I got another, better piece of legendary armor. But I also got a pink shader for it so it's okay. :buddy:

I'm glad that I can look just as stupid as I did in D1.

It's still a bummer that each subclass effectively only has two varients instead of a bunch of toggles and stuff, but the thing that still annoys me the most is that the Striker's shoulder charge (I don't care it sucks now it's fun) and health recovery on melee kills are on separate paths. :argh:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 9, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

All the competitive modes are pretty bad. And drag on way too loving long.

Yeah, I don't like the bomb one and survival's sort of just whatever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think Destiny's servers poo poo the bed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got the Plate of Optimacy!

It's 10 power!

gently caress!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So infuse it! That's the point!

Yeah but I need all my legendaries to be good so far. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss shotguns being a gun I used more than two kills at a time.