Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Making PvP more fun for the top 10% and poo poo for the remaining 90% seems like it would be, you know, a really bad idea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I think some of you need to realize that Bungie is never gunna get rid of SBMM and either stop playing a game you hate because of a feature that's going nowhere or accept it.

GOOD!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im just glad they confirmed dedicated servers for D2.

That will make a big difference i think to peoples perception of this game.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

I Kinda agree with that nerds point, 4 x 4 is fine, small tight maps are fine but Big team battle in halo was fun as hell, zipping round on that stupid bike with someone with a rocket launcher perched on the back was the business, surely you want some variation in whats available.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Longer 16 x 16 or 20 x 20 on larger maps would be fun to mess around in

I don't really understand them not giving people an option, i get why they choose one matchmaking method over another, but forcing everyone into a restricted game type seems a bit backwards

I also miss the sandbox type PvP that they used to put into one of the halo games where they would make haunted houses and stuff and put weird match rules in place to goof off with, i wish that stuff would return

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Menstrual Show posted:

Yuck @ all of that.

also, people who think that they 'have a chance' because of more primary play are kidding themselves. it puts even more pressure on you to hit all of your shots when you're playing against somebody who can consistently hit headshots with a hand cannon.

"primary play" sounds like some gross as gently caress fetish that middle aged or people on tumblr have

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
100 DAYS UNTIL D2 DROPS.

104 DAYS UNTIL PEOPLE START COMPLAINING ABOUT LACK OF CONTENT.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
They should bring back armour lock from Halo Reach imo.

That was the poo poo.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
" this gun needs a buff"

"this gun needs a nerf"

*someone during beta testing of Destiny 2 in tyool 2017.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Wait, that wall of Moana text was real?

I thought it was one those posts where people repost dumb poo poo from Reddit.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I'm sad that all the people bitching about the beta won't be playing D2 when it comes out also.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm actually legitimately confused. There's one active PC Destiny 2 player who actually posts? So he shut down his thread because he realized he was alone?

Sad to say but he died. RIP PC Goon.

Heaven will cradle your flabby body for all eternity.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I don't even like 100 people like on this earth let alone want to know that many cunts in a video game.

In gonna get this put on a T-shirt and never take it off, XXXL obv.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I think that the matchmaking for the raids will be fine and maybe im stupid but i trust Bungie to implement it properly.

It would have been cool in some of the earlier raids to practice some of the tougher parts like the peen wall without the pressure of a LFG group sighing as you fell for the 18th time so a dumbed down raid in comparison to the proper team raids will be a good thing imho, it should also embolden some of the more timid unsure players to join LFG groups etc which would be a good thing for everyone in the long run.

As long as the main raids dont suffer as a result then i struggle to see why anyone would have a problem with it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseFactory posted:

Raid match making would be the most retarded poo poo ever.... so it kinda surprises me bungie haven't done it, as they have an illustrious record of doing the most retarded poo poo ever.

I started this game a no body shmo with no destiny friends. Now I've got 500 spergs on my friends list and irl mates too because of the heavy emphasis on team work in Destiny. Its the best thing about the game.

If i played solo i would stopped playing week 3.

They need to keep the proper raids as in D1 for the good poo poo, and let the schmoes join a watered down version for some kit that is on a par with what drops from from standard matchmaking. That way everyone is happy.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Raid matchmaking is dumb, and you're dumb for wanting it.
Get some friends you loving anti-social nerds.

To be clear i have a regular group that i raid with every Friday.

I just remember what it was like wanting to do the raids but worried that i would drag everyone down, then joining groups that weren't patient and being put off for the next few months.

If i recall the number of people that complete a raid or even make any significant progress in shockingly small. That's a significant issue for Bungie in my opinion, that the main end game activity is SO heavily gated because significant functionality isn't build into the game itself.

To be fair ive not looked for a raid group since the XBOX LFG functionality was introduced but initially LFG was a crap shoot

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
It only really clicked for me when i found a few decent groups on 100.io and started joining regular raids that people were posting each week,

Most groups are weak sauce but its fairly easy if your keen to see the same names popping up regularly and jumping on. From there you just need to join regularly and not be a dick and people will start seeking you out to join.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

LFG is toxic garbage and most likely always will be.
You're way better off using one of the numerous goon groups to raid with. We have tolerance and patience up until about the 3rd raid, and then we'll start giving you poo poo.

Unfortunately (for numerous reasons) im in the UK so goon groups are pretty much useless as they are really heavily US based.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Does that mean that if your in the U.K. you can play at 11pm?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

I don't think I can live without the Hunter jump.

This but warlock Rez

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Buy merciless he'll never sell it again

Bet he will. No way will they put a game breaking weapon in week one again.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Akuma posted:

These two things are not the same, though - he might never sell it again regardless of its "game breaking"ness

My point is that he wont sell the golden goose egg in W1 just because he they did it in D1. If anything theyve toned down the exotics so we wont get another Thorn or pre nerf gally.

D1 was essentially a beta we all paid 100 bucks to live test for them and one thing they learnt was exotics in D1 were "too" much fun.

Any cool poo poo will come out like TOM or SS did.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
1. Can someone explain what guided games are so i dont have to go to reddit.

2. Saw a warlock i think yesterday with an emote that was him drawing a bowl of noodles in neon and then eating them, it was loving legit.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Xur selling some bonkers rocket thing that empties all your heavy ammo at once in sort of one direction

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Has maintenance been extended yet?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Sidearms are bullshit and scout rifles are better for PvE.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
"Fwends"

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whats the reward for 10 IB packages?

Reddit reckons that its an emblem and some shaders. That cant be correct can it?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Holy gently caress. Thats the lamest poo poo ive ever heard.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Incitatus posted:

SO GLAD I GOT AN EMBLEM AFTER 10 PACKAGES.

I still cant get over this.

That combined with everything dropping below my current light level is certainly an interesting approach.

Im assuming the reason is to slow people down so theres less grinding for quick LL increases?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

It's like, 3 hours max of total work to get all 10 emblems.

Unless you suck at the crucible.

3 hours crucible grind for an emblem and a shader? Yeah get hosed...

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Has Skyburners Oath dropped for any one yet? Is it worth hankering after?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im still gobsmacked how quick people went from

"this game is perfect good job bungie"

To

"Omg so loving dumb, this game is the worst ever"

The salt on reddit is outstanding

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whats the go to stratergy for the part of guantlet where everyone has to run.

My team splits into pairs and runs left middle and right and grab alternate orbs but it seems to be more luck than anything when we finish and we never get more than three people through.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Just had a grenade launcher drop that i was bored enough to mess around with in crucible and i can confirm its loving hilarious.

Its called Berengers Memory or something and its grenades stick to surfaces until triggered. I spend about an hour popping it onto the top beam of door frames or on the floor below power ammo drops and sitting back and watching the hilarity.

Its almost as much fun as the sticky grenade launcher in halo used to be.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Its funny to troll people in crucible with, i cant imagine it would be ANY use in PvE or the raid.

I was fairly excited when i had that wild west style style exotic GL drop and it sounds good on paper but its unusable

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Doesnt matter cos 98% of the player base wont do the prestige raid due to the lovely rewards.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

I dont mind if parts of a raid go wrong so long as everyone is chill. Theres always gonna be mistakes or newbies and people not being douchenozzles about it makes it way better.

**sighs loudly**.........**wearily** ..guys....?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

the good fax machine posted:

My favorite is *prolonged frustrated awkward silence*

Actually this. Followed by "ok...this time..."

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

It's depressingly dead. I mean, the dog section turned me off from the raid as it is(stop putting stealth sections in your loving game Bungie), but I have literally no desire or reason to do the raid on normal difficulty, nevermind the prestige mode.

The dog section is fun as hell and can be done in about 5 mins if you know what your doing. Its basically a pallet cleanser between rounds of shooting shooting so much shooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
New raid content sounds like either new stuff added into leviathan or an old raid added back in but who knows.