Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Took me 34 nightfall runs.

Its annoying as poo poo now. Its not fun to use and it has barely any flinch under fire compared to other snipers. It should have extra flinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I'd dig killing a taken siva rasputin for a sick nasty warlock bond made of golden age ethernet cables.

Lukesmithwowface.jpeg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

deadwing posted:

I'm a ps4 player and don't give a gently caress about anything but shooting mans in pvp

Same

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

Who cares because that archetype of snipers is hot trash if you're a true blinting hero

Its actually pretty amazing. It 2 body shots and you can fire it as fast as a scout rifle. You just need a good stability perk and scope.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if you paid money for no man's sky.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I'm probably just gonna plat D1 until D2 comes out because im 80 and gay

Same except 79 and bi.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

it really sucks that guy was a racist poo poo and it wasn't in an ironic way

then he changed his name to |Cop Lives Matter| or something

Shhhh no one cares because no lives matter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I see something like this and i honestly can't tell if he is joking or being serious.

Dont playstationsplain. With your xim privilege

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Supremecy is the worlds shittest game mode because it encourages you to gry super close and the lag fuckery messes with crests and everything else.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I watched that and I lol'd.

Yeah but solo supremecy is worse than solo clash or control

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The solar and void thunderlords are cool and look the business.

I like fuckin around with tresspassser when I'm using pali or eyas

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good. Bladedancer was rediculous in yr1.

I like what theyre doing with class balance. Its a little shallow but its going to result in way less aids builds like viking funeral/touch of flame was and blink/qd was in yr1.

Everythings being pushed to be gunskill rather than rock paper scissors by ability and thats good imo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's nothing gay about taking my mates orbs after hes done fisting dudes so I can pop some golden shots.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

My gut feeling is they are going to dial up the SBMM to 11, so putting everyone into 2 giant catch all playlists is the best way, so they can slice and dice people based skill to their hearts content.

It's a piece of poo poo philosophy. It would be all well and good if there was some reason to go up brackets of skill. Better rewards or even just a rank next to your name. Something. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing the thumbless wanker with a 0.1kd get the ballerhorn.

But if it means i can find a game quicker than once every 10 minutes then it's still an improvement over the current aids we have now.

The problem is their skill based philosophy doesnt even work. We had 0 games go to score limit on sunday when we were in that 6. It just meant the games took forever to find and then sucked connection wise. None of them were competitive.

If they had everything connection based the result would've been the same just faster to find games and a smoother experience. For a greater cross section of players.

I dont mind their philosophy of just 4 game modes a week 2 of which feature a heavier match making because its just going to mean literally everyone plays the two without it. Not ideal but not terrible either because for the last year everyones just played the weekly mode anyway unless it was mayhem aids. If im locked into two modes but the connection is fine I can live with it.

The problem is going to come in december when/if they do what they do every christmas and adjust the match making to be tighter than a fishes rear end in a top hat across all playlists to protect the xmas influx and we'll get no connection quality again anywhere.

The tip lipped nature of the pvp when the numbers in pvp have at times been huge is a little frustrating.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How long till destiny stuff is on at e3?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My play style is to be aggressive as gently caress and use my primary and grenades. Everythings coming up thrillhou

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I didnt see that?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought we were getting more than a trailer

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Release date changed to 6th of september for both consoles.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah ps4 has heaps of dudes and the goons from the US Ive played with have been cool dudes.

Theres like 3 ps4 goon groups i think.

Xboners are just post heavy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Probably in a day or two like the d2 announcement content.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you havent bubbled WoL on the walkers lrg and blasted away with your 4th horseman youre doing it wrong.

Hawkmoon was great in its heydey and would still be a top tier choice of they didnt reduce its base range by 20 loving points.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rip my time drinking beers to kill time waiting for the bros to get online to run train in IB.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there anything better than getting teabagged when you get killed for like the first or 2nd kill of a match and then just going balls fuckin deep on that dude for the rest of the game so bad they leave?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They already kinda walked that all back in ttk though.

Hive are servants of worms that worship the darkness. Taken are cunts too.

Fallen are just rear end in a top hat space refugees who got rekt by civil war. Siva fallen are space-isis.

No one knows what the vex actually are except they show up and kill poo poo and build machines in tunnels and want something.

Cabal are conquering assholes possibly running from something but not necessarily super evil but we bumped em heaps.

I do like though how they hinted at this coming in ttk with the stuff from the intercepted cabal transmissions from ttk. Cabal intel talked about zombies getting up and looting their dead and then doing sick nasty sparrow tricks and dancing. Then we hosed up their soldiers trying to kill oryx and now their boss is like wtf?

How much more could they have juiced from the stranger and the queen? Oh yeah one works for osiris probably and uses vex tech and yeah the queen passed out from her spirit bomb but shes just sleepin it off in the throne room but they dont have the light so the cabal dont care.

Im going to guess the Osiris expansion is partly taken from the "vex void" expansion announced in the original roadmap and the rasputin one is going to be more siva/fallen stuff.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh at least we have a story this time.

Space jerks are being jerks and took your poo poo go do something about it.

Better than "oh hey youre like a saviour or something, go saviour stuff".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

There's some poo poo in an interview where it states that Gaius is apparently the Cabal emperor and consults with something that talks to him. I bet its a ghost from another dimension or something.

Yeah they mentioned something about his consigliare and even mentioned the voice actor. Could just be a baller psion though. Probably a raid sub boss to throw in or a strike boss.

Should be cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

:perfect:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn match making is slow as fuuuuuuck today.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if you cant do even the hardest pve content with whatever weapon you have on hand.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its a tossup between lore sperg and the gifs for me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trials of sticky nades is full of aids. Did 2 cards got to 8 wins and then flawlessed with my mercy intact. I'd rather fist myself than play anomaly again though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sniper rifles are fine. Ice breaker and nlb are aids though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the energy weapons serve an additional purpose. They will damage enemy shields faster, hurt guardians in their super and activate certain perks on weps (one of the exotics reloads when you take arc damage).

The dudes who played the alpha at the reveal also said there was plenty of power ammo lying around quite often in the strike and in the story. So I think to mitigate the "ma Sniper" tears - you'll be able to carry more in reserve and use it more often especially in pve.

I think it'll be a lot less of an issue than everyone thinks. Rockets seemed a little toothless in the footage ive seen while shotguns and snipers seemed pretty solid in terms of single target dps.

I dont mind the changes in pvp really at all because I've always been a primary weapon slut more than snipers and shotguns even if i was pulling off some nice shots with a new longbow last night.

The most pain in pvp over the last few iterations have been sticky nades, shotgun prevalence, nlb/uni remote, subclass fuckery like the sunsinger days and weapon archetype being almost impossible to 1v1.

They've found roundabout ways of removing those issues.

Got bit by the cauldron glitch last night. It's only been around since house of wolves glad to see some consistency in destiny.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Did those cunts really make it mayhem IB again. gently caress sake bungie.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's why i dont play mayhem. Dudes just run gun fighter and feast.

Such a trash game mode.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm the guy bitching about poo poo game design and bad RNG and still playing thousand or so hours.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Any one of the carbon copy twitch streamers?

"wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhassssss goin on guys itscha boy BLINDSITE here with another.... weekly.... destiny video"

lovely clip of PVE game play starts with crappy picture in picture of destiny weekly update

"so this week Bungie announced Mayhem for Iron Banner next week and some clan stuff, click the link at the bottom of the page for more - how come destiny is so bad right now guys?! I only have a million hours and this lovely youtube means I don't have to work

Like comment and subscribe for more content, also follow me on Twitch at TwitchdotTEEVEE slash BlindSite and please check out my Patreon, see YOU guardian in the tower

Until next time"

lovely techno outro.

Proceeds to poz own neghole.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Did a trials card on Blindsites account mostly using a PDX and sidearm it worked very well for this map.

His PDX has PB, HH and RB and it loving melted. I need to get myself a gunsmith package for it.

I think that roll has come through once. I've been holding on to a pdx for a long while to try and get full auto where hh is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

To bad we can't talk about different roll guns in D2 :suicide:

I'm hoping there'll be pdx 1 through 45 to make up for it but I'm not holding my breath.

We haven't seen any vendor inventories get have we?